What are you playing?

Pretty much whatever I can get my hands on. Preferably Cyrano de Bergerac. Night on the Galactic Railroad would be cool too. The Tract is in my laptop, and I've read AiW already. What would you recommend?

Cyrano and Ginga Tetsudou are both really cool and can be read immediately. The Tractatus is harder and requires having some prior knowledge of the context in which it was written - basically who are people like Frege, Russel, Wittgenstein himself, what kind of problems they are dealing with, etc. Basically some wikipedia research and reading a few short articles.

Yeah, I feel like there isn't much actual mystery solving on the part of the protagonist in Cartagra, and it's a shame. And Kazuna is definitely best IG girl. The last part you talk about is why I suggest to anyone who will read both to read Cartagra before KnS. It just doesn't make sense to me to do it the other way around. If you read Cartagra first, that part in KnS destroys  you.

I didn't really know that there was that much relation about the two. It was only labeled as same setting so I though just a few characters will make an appearance. Thinking back I do believe it would've broken me at the bad ends, especially where Kazuna was involved and Hatsune swooped right in. 

Kazuna getting her right leg torn apart and dying while Hatsune proceeds to comfort Shugo. This would've killed me.

Lesson learned; play what was released first, always.

Pretty much whatever I can get my hands on. Preferably Cyrano de Bergerac. Night on the Galactic Railroad would be cool too. The Tract is in my laptop, and I've read AiW already. What would you recommend?

About everything majorly referenced in SubaHibi is easily accessible except for the Tractatus. xD I would also recommend The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, it's p cool and relevant too.

There are a whole lot more works referenced in SubaHibi but a certain someone  has yet to complete a list of every single one for the public. >_>

Cyrano and Ginga Tetsudou are both really cool and can be read immediately. The Tractatus is harder and requires having some prior knowledge of the context in which it was written - basically who are people like Frege, Russel, Wittgenstein himself, what kind of problems they are dealing with, etc. Basically some wikipedia research and reading a few short articles.

I just finished Narcissu and Narcissu Side 2nd. It was just the sad and really beautiful story I wanted to read.

You know it's going to be serious when they start the story with suicide statistics. Narcissu was quite the beautiful ride, I liked the tranquil atmosphere and the excellent background music.

In Narcissu Side 2nd the more prevalent dialog bothered me at first, I was expecting the same kind of sorrowful and thoughtful atmosphere as in Narcissu. But I grew to like slightly different, more longing atmosphere of the sequel and now I really appreciate it. It was different experience from the first one, but great none the less.

Early in new hotness. I liked the character splash screen intros, not too many games do that. I'm also liking the sister character, so far, she seems like a good realized sister. A tad bit annoying but lovable. Anyways, cousin introduced. 

That hair looks cool?AHiAlbS.png

Early in new hotness. I liked the character splash screen intros, not too many games do that. I'm also liking the sister character, so far, she seems like a good realized sister. A tad bit annoying but lovable. Anyways, cousin introduced. 

That hair looks cool?AHiAlbS.png

Is she also unhealthily obsessed with UFOs?

19142.jpg

Spiky twintails is a weird look.

Eww I'm actually not reading anything really interesting right now. I preordered the new Higurashi MG put out last month and got around to opening it today. I was really excited for it because although I haven't read any horror VNs before (Saya no Uta is still on my list) I really like horror movies but I feel like the pacing is so slow right now. Maybe it's because I've been playing it on Auto (I thought it would help the suspense to have it timed honestly) but I think part of it is that I really can't stand Rena. Especially her "kyute" mode. :/ She just bothers me so much especially when she always repeats stuff. I'm ~2 hours into it (and for $5 I would have assumed that I'd be done with Ch1 by now but VNDB doesn't say how long this particular release is and my game is still going) and I plan to keep going but still, it's not at all interesting to me yet.

I'm also kind of sort of reading Starless right now. It was probably a mistake on my part because nukiges aren't known for their good plot and I"m not really into huge boobs or femdom (and let's be honest half of the characters look really stupid. The Mistress's son has her magenta hair for crying out loud) I guess I just felt the need to pick up another JAST title and I knew that Bible Black was supposed to be one of the most known hentais so I figured you know, same artist and stuff. ._. why?

I also picked up that Groupee bundle though so I'm excited to try out Demonbane when I get a chance. I already owned both of the $1 tier games but I went for the $10 tier just because while there is some debate over if the MG games are good or not, it's 6 VNs for $10.

Finally finished Hanasaki Work Spring. It had good comedy in the common route. Routes were kinda disappointing. I expected more comedy but it had some boring drama. Well the girls were cute so I'm not complaining. It was still ok, I just expected something else.

Now I am finally starting Totono. I'm scared

Eww I'm actually not reading anything really interesting right now. I preordered the new Higurashi MG put out last month and got around to opening it today. I was really excited for it because although I haven't read any horror VNs before (Saya no Uta is still on my list) I really like horror movies but I feel like the pacing is so slow right now. Maybe it's because I've been playing it on Auto (I thought it would help the suspense to have it timed honestly) but I think part of it is that I really can't stand Rena. Especially her "kyute" mode. :/ She just bothers me so much especially when she always repeats stuff. I'm ~2 hours into it (and for $5 I would have assumed that I'd be done with Ch1 by now but VNDB doesn't say how long this particular release is and my game is still going) and I plan to keep going but still, it's not at all interesting to me yet.

I'm also kind of sort of reading Starless right now. It was probably a mistake on my part because nukiges aren't known for their good plot and I"m not really into huge boobs or femdom (and let's be honest half of the characters look really stupid. The Mistress's son has her magenta hair for crying out loud) I guess I just felt the need to pick up another JAST title and I knew that Bible Black was supposed to be one of the most known hentais so I figured you know, same artist and stuff. ._. why?

I also picked up that Groupee bundle though so I'm excited to try out Demonbane when I get a chance. I already owned both of the $1 tier games but I went for the $10 tier just because while there is some debate over if the MG games are good or not, it's 6 VNs for $10.

I would say that chapters 1-3 of higurashi are around maybe 8 hours each? Maybe longer? It's hard to say, Chapter 4 was only around 4 or so hours. Chapters 5-8 are more than 10 hours a piece, with 8 being especially long. VNDB lists all first 4 chapters combined as 30-50 hours, and the second four at 50+, and that's about right. You get your bang for your buck with higurashi. And yeah, Chapter 1 starts slow. The pacing was kind of rough, I didn't like that part of it. It gets better. The Watanagashi festival is the turning point.

I would say that chapters 1-3 of higurashi are around maybe 8 hours each? Maybe longer? It's hard to say, Chapter 4 was only around 4 or so hours. Chapters 5-8 are more than 10 hours a piece, with 8 being especially long. VNDB lists all first 4 chapters combined as 30-50 hours, and the second four at 50+, and that's about right. You get your bang for your buck with higurashi. And yeah, Chapter 1 starts slow. The pacing was kind of rough, I didn't like that part of it. It gets better. The Watanagashi festival is the turning point.

Well then. I was originally planning on playing it on auto with the lights off in one sitting. Umm yeah I didn't think I was going to have to spend 8 hours to do it. I guess I'm only about 1/4th of the way through part one then. It might be a bit slow ATM but I'll definitely try to sit down and finish it in pieces throughout the week because I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten a complete CG overhaul and re-release if it wasn't highly praised.

Just finished Cross Channel.  Have to say, I really enjoyed it.  I didn't really understand the bulk of it too well, so I'm definitely gonna have to reread it at some point in time, and I'd eventually like to reread it in Japanese.  Really liked the psychological aspects of it, even though they got to be rather disturbing, especially in Kiri's route.  Parts of it appeared nonsensical, although I'm not quite sure if that's because of the meh translation or it was just meant to be that way.

Favorite BGM track was Signal.  Really depressed me every time I heard it, but really, that's what its job was, and it did it beautifully.

I loved Sakuraba's character, even though he was one of the most pointless characters in the entire VN.  Kiri was best girl, no question about that.  I have a tendency to adore tsunderes <3

Spoilers~

Anyone mind telling me what was up with the ending? It really confused me. Was Taichi back in the normal world? I thought he was, since you hear cicadas, and it's said multiple times that all the animals disappeared along with the humans.

Thinking about playing Rensou Relation but still not sure. Trial really didn't really hook me and the girls didn't really hit any sweet spots of mine (maybe Aiko but shes a sub char  :vinty: )

Did you try the troll route in the trial? :lol: The fake Yuuko route :lol: So damn hilarious :lol:

Just finished Cross Channel.  Have to say, I really enjoyed it.  I didn't really understand the bulk of it too well, so I'm definitely gonna have to reread it at some point in time, and I'd eventually like to reread it in Japanese.  Really liked the psychological aspects of it, even though they got to be rather disturbing, especially in Kiri's route.  Parts of it appeared nonsensical, although I'm not quite sure if that's because of the meh translation or it was just meant to be that way.

Favorite BGM track was Signal.  Really depressed me every time I heard it, but really, that's what its job was, and it did it beautifully.

I loved Sakuraba's character, even though he was one of the most pointless characters in the entire VN.  Kiri was best girl, no question about that.  I have a tendency to adore tsunderes <3

Spoilers~

Anyone mind telling me what was up with the ending? It really confused me. Was Taichi back in the normal world? I thought he was, since you hear cicadas, and it's said multiple times that all the animals disappeared along with the humans.

Yeah that BGM is definitely the best one.

Nope Taichi does not return to the normal world. That scene at the end where Taichi talks/meets with his friends is actually a hallucination/dream that he is having.

20 minutes after I complained about Higurashi being boring they pulled out a game of Old Maid and I was engrossed in the story. In fact it was after 5 am when I next looked at the clock. I saw I had 3 Steam achievements left and I was ~8 hours into the game so I probably only had an hour to an hour and a half left. I ended up going to bed because I had stuff I had to do tomorrow that wouldn't get accomplished it I pulled an all nighter. Woke up 4 hours later and finished the rest of the game. It was actually really good, especially for a game with no real CGs, and I'm really glad MangaGamer redid the sprites for the game. Those void eyes really did a number.

I'm really excited for the next Higurashi piece to come out now. I honestly should have waited until pre-orders for the 2nd installment before I started part 1 probably, less antsy anticipation, but hopefully they'll go pretty fast now because all the sprites and everything are done on top of it has been translated by them before (although we know it's still going to take 5ever that's how translation works).

I guess now it's back to the drawing board. I'm going to have to go through my Backloggery and figure out what to play next.

Yeah that BGM is definitely the best one.

Nope Taichi does not return to the normal world. That scene at the end where Taichi talks/meets with his friends is actually a hallucination/dream that he is having.

Yaaaaay, I can finally grasp what happened

:D  For some reason it just went right over my head.  Now that I think about it, it could have also been when he finally cracked, since he wouldn't have been able to retain his sanity forever, what with him being completely alone for all eternity.