What are you playing?

But...Ayaya's route is

terrible.  It's just kouhai happy time fluff with fanservice stuffed in there.  Lolis usually make me uncomfortable, but at least Mayuki's route wasn't trash, so I just powered through it.

There's a reason why it is 1/3rd the length of all the other routes  :wahaha:

I honestly think they knew what they were doing when they made that decision.  If you are like me and complete the entire thing in one go, by the point you get to her, you just need a short break, and that's exactly what it provides.  If that is considered pacing, then they did a good job pacing  :makina:

But...Ayaya's route is

terrible.  It's just kouhai happy time fluff with fanservice stuffed in there.  Lolis usually make me uncomfortable, but at least Mayuki's route wasn't trash, so I just powered through it.

I disagree, it was a really fun route, and a good decompressor and lead-in to the really heavy final route. 

There's a reason why it is 1/3rd the length of all the other routes  :wahaha:

I honestly think they knew what they were doing when they made that decision.  If you are like me and complete the entire thing in one go, by the point you get to her, you just need a short break, and that's exactly what it provides.  If that is considered pacing, then they did a good job pacing  :makina:

True, but plot-wise, there's only one important new bit of info in the entire route, and everything else is just fluff.  I usually like romantic routes, but Ayaya's route made me wish I'd just skipped through it and just saved myself the time I spent reading it, mostly because it was just fluff without any sort of conflict or problem of any kind.  It's like filler in anime: there's a right way and a wrong way to do it, and throwing fluff at you doesn't really work unless it's vaguely interesting and there's somehow a connection to the overall plot.  I admit I'm biased, since I kind of strongly disliked Ayaya's character in the first place, but I couldn't make myself care about literally anything that happened in it, at all.

I disagree, it was a really fun route, and a good decompressor and lead-in to the really heavy final route. 

Eh, I mostly disliked it because even though it was short, it added almost nothing to the plot and only served to make the readers spend a bit of time before they got to the other routes, and that was when I really just wanted to learn more.  Can't really debate the quality since it's your opinion.

Eh, I mostly disliked it because even though it was short, it added almost nothing to the plot and only served to make the readers spend a bit of time before they got to the other routes, and that was when I really just wanted to learn more.  Can't really debate the quality since it's your opinion.

I'm usually all for routes that don't help much with the story,but her's was a bit too sidetracking for me. I didn't dislike it too much,but it was my least favorite. 

But...Ayaya's route is

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but if I have the choice to read some fluff before going to loli-route, of course I'm going to take the fluff. And liked Ayaya as a character so I enjoyed her route.

I'm on Mayuki's route right now and it's pretty good, I just had trouble making myself to start it.

Started playing Verethragna and it's been okay so far. The beginning dragged with the infodumping but storywise it looks like it's essentially what I figured it would be: The eroge version of Yu Gi Oh .

On a side note, this is also the first eroge I'm playing without any text hooking. Good thing the writing's not complicated.

Yumina; finished Kirara's route.

Command Unit was so fking hard; I actually didn't get a proper leveled Null Silencer for Ai and so I had reload a save allllll the way back just to purchase it and also do the preceding boss fight again -.-

Misc. Thoughts(spoilers)

As for Kirara's route, wow. In comparison to Yumina's, hers was a disaster >.>. Not in terms of writing but just how the events unfold with her taking the lead this time.

I didn't really get why she was so relentless in her revenge against Galeorn; sure the guy's an opportunistic douche, but that was some really needless drama she caused and in the end it didn't feel appropriate for her to have such hatred towards the guy, especially once you find out about Karales being the true traitor.

There's actually casualties this time around... I felt Yumina's route was a bit cheesy with how she power-ranger-love&friendships everybody to victory but now I kind of miss it once some beloved characters (ZIEDA!!!!!) actually die in Kirara's route... And damn, poor Falhua... her lover AND her father dies  :cry: 

Romance was great. Enjoyed all the little tidbits from the misconceptions that people had of Kirara being Ayumu's younger sister (and her actually playing along and calling him Onii-chan LOL) and especially enjoyed Kirara's dominant personality in bed >.>

Feel kinda bad for how Yumina was sidelined though. Especially that ending; I can only imagine how devastated she must've felt when opening that Radiant Frame and seeing that Ayumu and Kirara were gone. But hey, at least the epilogue shows that 10 years later they magically contact Yumina and plan a reunion!

~~

Interested in seeing what direction Ai's route will go; it'll probably focus more on the Algodans+Deele+Rishane. Don't really care about them but we'll see. 

I dropped the snorefest that was & and instead started playing Flowers on my Vita. So much better! It's such a great game right off the bat, with amazing piano music that feels like gentle fingers massaging my brain, and an instantly interesting love triangle. Not a huge fan of the character designs, and it has the shoujo-ai cliche of the main character looking normal but every other girl in the game being totally blown away by her amazing beauty... but those are small nitpicks next to how enjoyable this game is.

True, but plot-wise, there's only one important new bit of info in the entire route, and everything else is just fluff.

...There was something important there?

Anyway, I finished Ayaya's route yesterday and started a bit of Kagome's route in Comyu.

Ayaya's route was, say, my least favorite out of the four I've read. Yeah. It took me a while to figure out that other routes can branch off from another one. Like Marie said, it's mostly 'let's have sex with my kouhai' type of route. It was fun though. Ayaya's a fun character, so I didn't really mind her route. Also, the Four Heavenly Kings were nice comic relief. Especially the last one. Superstrong is a name I would've never thought about. 10/10 it's the greatest thing I've ever seen. It's surprising that this route actually has more sex scenes than Hisoka's route, lol. I enjoyed it.

My route preference right now is Mayuki > Benio > Hisoka > Ayaya. I just enjoyed Mayuki's route too much.

Yumina Super Hard Mode playthrough; grinded through Chapters 1 ~ 5 to get into Ai's route god that was such a chore

~~
Ai's route is off to a good start in terms of transition with all of the infodumping; it actually feels like her route was meant to be the 'introductory route'. The other routes kinda just throw you into the action right away in a 'shoot first, ask questions later' type of manner.

https://vndb.org/v5295

so... amazing... :kosame: , it is gods gift to humankind

That game. >_> Lol, I'm playing that, Koihime, Cho Dengeki Stryker, Boob Wars, Majikoi (again), Sakura Spirit (I don't know, I just started it up because why not?), and Sunrider Academy (moar routes).

Wait, I should probably rephrase. I'm not playing all those games at once, just the games I've started up lately. I play them off and on whenever one of them strikes my mood. :P

I've gotten into a few visual novels for the time being while I wait for some others.
Mostly Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque, Yumina the Ethereal, and Kamidori Alchemy Meister.
I really enjoy vn's that let you control the outcome of things that might lead to  a game over instead of just looking at always looking at stuff happen and just going off of text to know what's happening.I'm sure there are a bunch more,but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

Been playing Fortissimo for the last little while.

I've noticed that the quality in this VN seems to jump around a bit art-wise. Where the CGs for the most part are absolutely gorgeous (hell... I even went through the trouble of making a new sig because of how gorgeous it is), the sprites can either be gorgeous or... kinda wonky. I don't mind though, as I have taken that wonkiness as stylization and have grown accustomed to it.

Edit: Also, the only time I really see the sprites as wonky is when they are directly forward facing. Other than that they are really nice. CGs don't seem to have this problem though, exhibit A being my signature. :P

Now story wise:

Reiji and co. are off to the beach. This is totally where the peaceful stuff ends and everything goes to shit. I can feel it.

Random note, but I really wasn't expecting feels from Kirisaki's "death" ... but somehow... there was feels. Not that I am complaining. xD Guess I have a soft spot for lonely old people.

The perspective has been jumping around quite a bit, but it isn't disorienting so that much is good. Just saved after jumping to Ryuuichi's perspective, which is really weird considering that the game gives you the choice of perspectives earlier on. You would think that you would never jump to the other protag's perspective, but it seems I was pleasantly surprised.

And on a final note... the OST is awesome.

I wonder if you can still patch the PS2 graphics in this one...

Yes. It's not officially said but the sprites folder is complely accessible (source: Doddler) and you could replace them with sprites from Hatoful Boyfriend or your own designed sprites made from pictures of yourself if you wanted to.

The game only packs the original R07 sprites and the new MG sprites though, so you'll have to find the PS2 sprites yourself.