What are you playing?

I enjoyed Miyako and Momoyo's routes.
I guess mostly half of that being my love for blue hair and the other being I enjoy seeing the strong girl character in things blush. 
Well other than that as for Miyako's route

It really showed a close friendship between her and Chris and it made me happy seeing a  bond between characters  in the family other than Momoyo and Wanko. 

Also other than the protagonist, my favorite male character is Gakuto.

Captain is alright, but Gakuto's helpfulness in his route, Agave, and Momoyo's route during the class battle was great. 

Just finished Momoyo's route.  Gotta say, it was pretty much what I was expecting, but I can't say that's a bad thing.  What really surprised me is how there were no h-scenes in her actual route; all of the others had at least one in their route, with the others all shoved into their after story (aside from Miyako's).  Between that and

Capt actually becoming aware of girls and half-assedly going after Momoyo

, those were the only surprises.  The end was surprisingly sweet and really felt like the "true" route, even though there really isn't one. 

Really wanted Shakadou to show up in the Kawakami War.  He's one of my favorite characters

:wafuu:

Wanko still best grill, though.

Just a question about this one. I've come across some VNs with gameplay and I've managed to finish 2. I finished all the routes for Kamidori and finished most of the content (was on my way to grind stats but didn't finish since it's not really needed) and Yumina the Ethereal (true end but didn't get all the ulti weaps for all the chars) and I observed that the story somewhat suffered. Being games that took hours to play (having 450+ hours on Kamidori and 70+ for Yumina), I wasn't really satisfied with what I got. So yeah does Bunny Black have the same problem as the ones mentioned? Just asking since I wanted to try out some VNs with gameplay elements for a while now with at least a decent plot. There's also Eien no Aselia (where I had someone recommend it) so I'll probably choosing between these two.

I would probably say that if you didn't like Kamidori the first time through, where you shouldn't have been grinding, then you probably won't like Bunny Black either.  The way Bunny Black is set up is that you have your hub area with three parts: Store, Darx's Room, and the Portals. Whenever you complete a mission, you gain renown which is like a story marker.  Every 100 or so renown advances the plot a little bit and you get more tidbits of story, with 4000 renown being near the end. The basic gameplay loop follows pretty much this pattern:

1. Start in room
  2. rest and possibly get a story scene
  3. go to store and possibly get a story scene
  4. pick up a job, go to portal
  5. complete the job that you picked up (this can take anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour or more) 
  6. Leave dungeon and get renown, which may trigger more story events
  7. Go to room and possibly get a story scene

Sometimes during a dungeon you may meet someone, but its fairly rare all things considered.  Once you get enough renown and advance the story a bit, you will start to see red jobs on the job board, which are story missions.  These are pretty much one of the only times you will get story during a dungeon.  Really, this game can be completed in normal mode in maybe 10 or 15 hours once you know what you are doing.

I would say that the main enjoyment of these games comes equal parts from story and gameplay.  If you don't enjoy the basic gameplay, the story won't carry it either.  I finished Kamidori in about 60 hours, but I by no means completed it like you did.  If you are worried about NG+ which I'm currently doing right now, you get to carry over characters, and they keep thier levels.  This basically means that you get to ride out the first half of the game on the coattails of your previous run, and I'm already 20% of the way through only after spending 2 hours.

I would probably say that if you didn't like Kamidori the first time through, where you shouldn't have been grinding, then you probably won't like Bunny Black either.  The way Bunny Black is set up is that you have your hub area with three parts: Store, Darx's Room, and the Portals. Whenever you complete a mission, you gain renown which is like a story marker.  Every 100 or so renown advances the plot a little bit and you get more tidbits of story, with 4000 renown being near the end. The basic gameplay loop follows pretty much this pattern:

1. Start in room
  2. rest and possibly get a story scene
  3. go to store and possibly get a story scene
  4. pick up a job, go to portal
  5. complete the job that you picked up (this can take anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour or more) 
  6. Leave dungeon and get renown, which may trigger more story events
  7. Go to room and possibly get a story scene

Sometimes during a dungeon you may meet someone, but its fairly rare all things considered.  Once you get enough renown and advance the story a bit, you will start to see red jobs on the job board, which are story missions.  These are pretty much one of the only times you will get story during a dungeon.  Really, this game can be completed in normal mode in maybe 10 or 15 hours once you know what you are doing.

I would say that the main enjoyment of these games comes equal parts from story and gameplay.  If you don't enjoy the basic gameplay, the story won't carry it either.  I finished Kamidori in about 60 hours, but I by no means completed it like you did.  If you are worried about NG+ which I'm currently doing right now, you get to carry over characters, and they keep thier levels.  This basically means that you get to ride out the first half of the game on the coattails of your previous run, and I'm already 20% of the way through only after spending 2 hours.

I didn't really hate Kamidori but I felt that the story was lacking. I pretty much enjoyed the game itself due to the gameplay but I can't say for the story. Not really that terrible but it could do better. It seems that it has more or less the same cycle as Kamidori with crafting and selling removed. I could enjoy this too seeing that it's similar to Kamidori.

Yeah I agree that these sort of games' enjoyment come from the gameplay with the story. It's different from the normal VNs when you just click to advance the story (no offense intended) where you actually do stuff to advance. I guess it has a sense of accomplishment every time you advance the story due to your own actions.

Thanks for answering senpai. I'll add it to my to-read list.

While I'm at it I'll add what I'm playing now. I just got Koichoco and I have barely started (not even 100 lines into the story) but I have to say tho. There's so much hate for Chisato and so much love for Satsuki. I haven't really played it yet but they're talking as if Chisato is one heck of an annoying heroine. Isn't she the central heroine or something? Why the hate? I'll find out soon but I'll try not to hold any bias when playing it. 100 lines in won't really do something.

Welp that 100 lines in will change tonight huehuehue.

My hands are bored, so I started playing Hanayome to Maou again.

No, I mean I wanted something with gameplay, not that  :ph34r: 

Well if you're bored enough and want to burn some time then Kamidori is definitely the way to go. I found the gameplay addicting with you making stuff and selling then in your own shop. You could also not let your hands get bored aside from the gameplay, if you know what I mean. *winks*

Well if you're bored enough and want to burn some time then Kamidori is definitely the way to go. I found the gameplay addicting with you making stuff and selling then in your own shop. You could also not let your hands get bored aside from the gameplay, if you know what I mean. *winks*

Please, Kamidori is nothing against the power of "the more you attack, the more clothes you tear out of your opponent" :makina:

I finished Kamidori long time ago btw.

Please, Kamidori is nothing against the power of "the more you attack, the more clothes you tear out of your opponent" :makina:

I finished Kamidori long time ago btw.

As expected of the imaginative and creative Japanese people. Well there's also another VN like that with action gameplay. As in you're using the mouse to attack with WASD to move. You can also fight some girls and rip off their clothes but there are also monster mobs that will attack you (we all know where this is going).

It's obvious NSFW but here it is: https://vndb.org/v13067

It's pretty much a nukige with gameplay so don't expect anything at all, and I also meant gameplay with that.

Finished Comyu and started with Forest once again.

I'm about to start Chapter IV in Forest.

Anyway, Comyu was a blast. I'm trying to compare Comyu to Fate/Stay Night, but I can't seem to judge which is better. Of course, both are very nice, but each has their pros and cons. What's true though is that both of them are good.

The way Comyu ended was really nice. Kagome's route was, of course, the best due to being the true route and the longest one. Hisoka's role in the route was sad, and that last part where

she butts in with Nomad and helps Kagome rekt the other avatars

was really nice. It has to be one of my favorite scenes. I salute you, Hisoka-chan.

Anyway, my experience with Forest is more or less the same. Though I'm taking down notes now.

Just finished Wanko's route.

As always Majikoi delivers.

Well the theme about 'dreams' struck a chord with me, so I found it pretty relatable and could enjoy the route even more. 

Best Girl - Wanko > Yukie > Miyako > Chris > Momoyo

Best Route - Momoyo > Yukie > Wanko > Chris = Miyako

Best Grill

hsiRPsV.jpg

Started to read Koichoco and I have to say tho, it's less than what that I anticipated. Maybe it'll get better after a while. 

And I also now understood the hate for Chisato. She's one of those tsunderes that's pretty annoying. Plus, she's quite impulsive. The only good thing I see in her is that she has a good head on her shoulders. She's not naive in how things work but she does have a short fuse and her emotions get the better of her.

Have to say tho, what's up with the unnatural development of the story? He just had to run away in that sort of an argument (when he was being told to run in the election) where it's not really the appropriate reaction to run.

Satsuki still doesn't have much screen time in where I am so I still can't understand the love for her. I'll find that out soon™. Non-chan-senpa being hyper looks adorable to me like Isara's 'Aha!'s.  

Finished Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not too long ago. I liked it alot more than the previous installment, the "logic chess" really helped break the monatony of standard interrogations, a much better story connecting with events from the previous installment, and all around great character development.

Back to Galaxy Angel (sigh). I actually really like th vn portions and all the characters...... it's just that the gameplay segments are too easy, too long, and just kinda boring.

Reading Ikinata Anata ni Koishiteiru.

<5 minutes in

I'll probably really write about this one, since it had a great start for me. 5 minutes in, the protagonist complains his backyard turned into the Palace of Versailles, is arguing with a maid whose broom is in fact a gun about the fact that a doghouse isn't really a house and he explains the concept of a gun and how it hurts people.

He's also made a terrible pun in his mind and is asking us not to correct it.

Everything wonderfully addressed in his thoughts to the sound of some incredibly all over the place electronic music. Which is stellar, since it fits the situation with how nonsensical it is.

Looking forward to continuing with this one.

<5 minutes in

I'll probably really write about this one, since it had a great start for me. 5 minutes in, the protagonist complains his backyard turned into the Palace of Versailles, is arguing with a maid whose broom is in fact a gun about the fact that a doghouse isn't really a house and he explains the concept of a gun and how it hurts people.

Everything wonderfully addressed in his thoughts to the sound of some incredibly all over the place electronic music. Which is stellar, since it fits the situation with how nonsensical it is.

Prepare yourself for tsundere heaven/hell

<5 minutes in

Uhh didn't it kinda annoy you how the heroines verbally abuse the protag. Actually it's beyond abuse, it's dehumanizing.

Although I have to agree that it's one good comedy. It doesn't really have that much of a complex plot and you can pretty much predict what's gonna happen next.

I recommend Eika's route if you want to laugh your guts out. 

It's a joke from start to end. Seriously.

Prepare yourself for tsundere heaven/hell

I have come to notice, thank you...

It's a shame that for all the protagonist's monologue greatness (funny nonsesne) Eika and Ryou are just abusive tsundere's with no human principles at all.

Uhh didn't it kinda annoy you how the heroines verbally abuse the protag. Actually it's beyond abuse, it's dehumanizing.

Although I have to agree that it's one good comedy. It doesn't really have that much of a complex plot and you can pretty much predict what's gonna happen next.

I recommend Eika's route if you want to laugh your guts out. 

It's a joke from start to end. Seriously.

As I said, less than 5 minutes in. I hadn't met the tsundere's then, though I can see what you mean in regard to a couple of them.

As for the plot, comedy is my favourite dish, so I'll have that, thank you.