What are you playing?

The actual dungeon crawling segments are super barebones and boring, but are largely optional. The battles are kind of needlessly complicated but not too bad or anything. I find it very difficult to imagine that someone would fall in love with Yumina's gameplay, though.

Let's see about that. If it's better than Kamidori's gameplay, then I guess I'll like it as well. After all, I liked Kamidori's gameplay very much. Dungeon Crawling is also one of my favorites, so if it's average in terms of that, then I probably would.

I would just like to finish Forest already.

Haven't reached dungeon crawling elements yet but can agree w/ Decay that battle system is needlessly complicated.

~~
Just defeated the first boss after uhhh... a while >.> (I'm such a noob and didn't know how to change who's a Forward during combat until I decided to check out the tutorial again).

Starting Chapter2.

Question: Do the H-encounters play a significant role in the story?

ie.

1st encounter being Maino

Haven't reached dungeon crawling elements yet but can agree w/ Decay that battle system is needlessly complicated.

~~

Just defeated the first boss after uhhh... a while >.> (I'm such a noob and didn't know how to change who's a Forwards during combat until I decided to check out the tutorial again).

Starting Chapter2.

Question: Do the H-encounters play a significant role in the story?

ie.

1st encounter being Maino

No, the h-scenes are pretty much pure fanservice.

And yeah, the UI is a mess. Get used to it being awful.

ya... the dungeon crawling in Yumina the Ethereal is pretty ehhhhhhhhhh >.>

At least I finally got the hang of actually knowing what attack/defenses/buffs/debuffs are logic or spirit based so now I can actually combat well :D

~~

Is there an easier way to read skill descriptions when determining what the hell to level up in each characters' ability tree -.-

Edit: probably will just quicksave first, level up the damn skill then quickload if I don't like the skill or something

4hADeiu.png

Ok cool, now can you tell me what "Yuminaza 100t" skill does before I choose to level that up?!@#

ya... the dungeon crawling in Yumina the Ethereal is pretty ehhhhhhhhhh >.>

At least I finally got the hang of actually knowing what attack/defenses/buffs/debuffs are logic or spirit based so now I can actually combat well :D

~~

Is there an easier way to read skill descriptions when determining what the hell to level up in each characters' ability tree -.-

Edit: probably will just quicksave first, level up the damn skill then quickload if I don't like the skill or something

4hADeiu.png

Ok cool, now can you tell me what "Yuminaza 100t" skill does before I choose to level that up?!@#

Taking that ability doesn't grant you that skill, it only grants you the ability to use it if you happen to have it in your possession. And if you already have it, you can read the description by going into the skill menu. No save scumming required. Skills are basically special items that you either purchase from the shop or find in the VR world. This also means that you can acquire skills you can't actually use yet. By the end of your first playthrough, you can basically unlock every ability anyways so don't worry about it too much. 

so i stop playing vn's for a week return to rewrite and find out i was 2 lines of dialog from starting the actual story with lucia  and now i'm

in the hospital after the church scene

FFS i taught it was over and now i have a feeling it is gonna turn into a reverse grisaia where lucia is gonna be someone like yuuji

I don't even know if it counts here, but I'll still put it.

I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney . I'm currently on Episode 3, third court trial.

I screwed up on the second one. I forgot you must present the evidence on the exact statement that presents a contradiction to that piece of evidence lol. Yeah, I screwed up Cody's part. No matter though, since after I remembered, everything went smoothly again. Also, I find the characters fun. Maya's really fun, yeah. What an energetic girl. The Judge, hah. Gumshoe, well, I think he's a funny guy. Comic relief guy, yeah. I also think he's not that hot on making Phoenix Wright, since, well, he's helped a lot of times. A special mention to Miles Edgeworth as well, for Tiago. Also, I certainly did not expect that twist in the Steel Samurai Episode. Like, holy shit.

I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney . I'm currently on Episode 3, third court trial.

I screwed up on the second one. I forgot you must present the evidence on the exact statement that presents a contradiction to that piece of evidence lol. Yeah, I screwed up Cody's part. No matter though, since after I remembered, everything went smoothly again. Also, I find the characters fun. Maya's really fun, yeah. What an energetic girl. The Judge, hah. Gumshoe, well, I think he's a funny guy. Comic relief guy, yeah. I also think he's not that hot on making Phoenix Wright, since, well, he's helped a lot of times. A special mention to Miles Edgeworth as well, for Tiago. Also, I certainly did not expect that twist in the Steel Samurai Episode. Like, holy shit.

I see why the series has a lot of fans.

I don't even know if it counts here, but I'll still put it.

Anyway, everything's been going great and I've been enjoying what I'm playing. Just started yesterday. I'm not that hot on reaching the fifth case, since, well, I've read that it uses the microphone feature of the NDS, and I have no idea how to use that in an emulator. Unless the normal microphone works. 

I see why the series has a lot of fans.

Normal microphones work just fine with emulators. It would be kind of weird if they didn't program that functionality. 

Phoenix Wright was a lot of fun to read. The case complexity just ramps up from here. It resets at the start of each game but each game is more complicated than the last. At least that goes for the original trilogy, case 3-4 is fucking bonkers. I never actually finished AA4 (and I don't have a 3DS so I never played that one). 

I sincerely think that Trials and Tribulations was too difficult. Partially because of it's two instant game-overs, both of which are in fact really mean traps.

(Costume and Visor)

Investigations wasn't per se difficult, but it was easy to forget pieces of testimony, evidence or simply prior events in the middle of a cross examination, because the cases are incredibly looooong. Thank god I'm good at remembering stuff. 

I never actually finished AA4 (and I don't have a 3DS so I never played that one). 

I would wholeheartedly recommend Dual Destinies for the 3DS. I'd say it's below 1 and 3, but way above 2.

I would not recommend Apollo Justice. Fans will play it anyway, (and should, because of DD,) but boy is it bad.

so i stop playing vn's for a week return to rewrite and find out i was 2 lines of dialog from starting the actual story with lucia  and now i'm

in the hospital after the church scene

FFS i taught it was over and now i have a feeling it is gonna turn into a reverse grisaia where lucia is gonna be someone like yuuji

The thing about Rewrite is that you keep thinking you're getting a handle on what's going on, but really you have no clue. That holds basically up until you finish the True Ending. Also, it still kinda holds then; I'm still not entirely sure what happened. But it sure was an awesome ride!

Finished the entire Ley Line trilogy in golden week.

Tomorrow is the last day off... (sob)

The first game is kinda shallow,

the second gets revamped, make you laugh and blow your head with tons of new discoveries,

then the third...

starts slow and boring, introduce some twists in the middle,

but then it makes the mistake of abusing the theme "magic" to introduce too many twists,

so many that you think the world has no rules and everything is free for all, which is dull (writers lost control of their freedom "because well, its magic!")

But has nice ending and wrap of story, and the second game was a lot of fun.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was reading the translated part of incest. The Sora route, to be precise.

Nobody likes to read long posts in this thread, so I'll make it short: I enjoyed incest a lot. It was very engaging, tense and touching, up until just before the ending. Everything kind of falls apart at the climax and that frustrates me. A lot.

Good good. Incest is best

I was reading the translated part of incest. The Sora route, to be precise.

Nobody likes to read long posts in this thread, so I'll make it short: I enjoyed incest a lot. It was very engaging, tense and touching, up until just before the ending. Everything kind of falls apart at the climax and that frustrates me. A lot.

Glad to see more people enjoying Sora's route :D