What are you playing?

Actually when I first got the game I did a blind playthrough where I just picked  the choices that felt right to me and I got Kotonoha's happy ending too. In terms of routes that's the one I got the most enjoyment out of, with a few exceptions (

the crap Sekai had to go through with Taisuke and how badly animated Kotonoha's first ero scene was to name a couple

Overall the game had enough for me to like that I can't call it a bad game or a waste of my time and money, but I can't help but feel there's potential for a much better game in this that was squandered. I'll probably end up getting Shiny Days whenever it comes out though since it sounds like it may be a bit more fun and maybe Setsuna will get a better story

"I can't help but feel there's potential for a much better game in this that was squandered." Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing.  It may just be me, but I felt the characters sort of act out of character sometimes or too extreme.

like Kotonoha being afraid of being intimate or even touching... and all of a sudden, at the school festival, bam! they do it, just like that. That just felt a bit off character and rushed. Then they were getting it on at such places like the roof... That's a bit daring for someone who is portrayed to be so shy. I think the story would have been much sweeter if he had gotten to know her better, and have that moment once they were truly more comfortable with each other. It just seemed forced imo.

That also pissed me off

about how Sekai was being treated by Taisuke.. wth!

Finished Katawa Shoujo a few days ago my first "real" VN. I must say I loved it! Moving on to my second one right now G - Senjou no Maou just finished Miwa Tsubaki's story arc and plan to play them all as well this week, I found it intense had no idea what was going to happen  :angry: I personally am enjoying the side - stories and look forward to finishing the rest of them.

Amane's is by far the best route in Grisaia. But you shouldn't let that keep you from enjoying Michru's. Not gonna lie, I HATED Michiru prior to her route... but damn she gets so interesting. As for Yumiko... it's a watered down version of Makina's... but it's nice to see more of the family aspect. Not to mention there really is no bad ending for Yumiko... not depends on your preference. 

I never really hated Michiru, personally; I thought she was hilariously stupid, sure, but I didn't dislike her.  After I finished her route, I was like, "Wow, now I feel bad for thinking she was an idiot," but I was also thinking, "What the hell was the thing I just read..."  Weirdest Grisaia route, to be sure, and not weird in a good way.

Powered thru Muv-luv Alt Chronicles 01 and Finished Toukas route in Ayakashibito today. Probably gonna wrap up Ayakashibito tomorrow or the day after then I'll have to look around for something interesting.

Completed chapter 2 of SubaHibi now. I take back what I said about SabaHibi, it's quite hard to read longer into. Very long explanations, seemingly random speeches, abstract conversations, book quotes etc. I can manage though.. I still find it very enjoyable to read. I have pretty much decided I am going to complete reading this vn now.

Completed chapter 2 of SubaHibi now. I take back what I said about SabaHibi, it's quite hard to read longer into. Very long explanations, seemingly random speeches, abstract conversations, book quotes etc. I can manage though.. I still find it very enjoyable to read. I have pretty much decided I am going to complete reading this vn now.

Oh hey, another SubaHibi reader! Isn't all that delicious Thought Food great? Some of the best, yum. xD That aside, I really do recommend you try to complete absolutely everything in order to get the most out of it (like, an entire chapter before progressing to the next). You don't have to, but... there were some weird and tricky choices that stumped me and I managed to miss huge parts that otherwise would've contributed a lot to the overall experience of the story in that certain order.

OT: Anyways, currently reading through the beginning of Harumade, Kururu. And if I hadn't done even a little research on this VN, I would've completely shot down any notion to read this. It's only a nukige in the beginning, then the story supposedly starts to pick up and it abandons the nukige premise entirely.

Other than Harukuru, all my other current VN "projects" are on hold so I might actually take some time to carefully re-read Subarashiki Hibi (all that's translated). This is the second consecutive time I'd be reading it (and in English). Well... It's more like I'm "studying" Subahibi rather than "reading" it, at this point. But my obsession knows no bounds, so I must. Might check out a few other VNs for future plans but for now, I'll be reading/playing those two, probably on and off.

Oh hey, another SubaHibi reader! Isn't all that delicious Thought Food great? Some of the best, yum. xD That aside, I really do recommend you try to complete absolutely everything in order to get the most out of it (like, an entire chapter before progressing to the next). You don't have to, but... there were some weird and tricky choices that stumped me and I managed to miss huge parts that otherwise would've contributed a lot to the overall experience of the story in that certain order.

Other than Harukuru, all my other current VN "projects" are on hold so I might actually take some time to carefully re-read Subarashiki Hibi (all that's translated). This is the second consecutive time I'd be reading it (and in English). Well... It's more like I'm "studying" Subahibi rather than "reading" it, at this point. But my obsession knows no bounds, so I must. Might check out a few other VNs for future plans but for now, I'll be reading/playing those two, probably on and off.

I noticed there was some:

Early endings in chapter 1, other than that. There haven't been any major choices really. Besides the one about Yuki explaning the Web bot Robot project.

Either way, I'll do as you reccommend haha. I am going to play some with the choices and see what happens.. hmm.

Also your profile name.. Ayana :P

Reading suba again in english seems like a good idea. Might be able to catch up some stuff you missed the first time around. Or get another view of things.

I am going to stay to jap the first time around, I prefer to read it in jap if it's possible for me.

I noticed there was some:

Early endings in chapter 1, other than that. There haven't been any major choices really. Besides the one about Yuki explaning the Web bot Robot project.

Either way, I'll do as you reccommend haha. I am going to play some with the choices and see what happens.. hmm.

Also your profile name.. Ayana :P

Reading suba again in english seems like a good idea. Might be able to catch up some stuff you missed the first time around. Or get another view of things.

I am going to stay to jap the first time around, I prefer to read it in jap if it's possible for me.

I guess if I were to be a bit more specific and give you a detailed outline of the best order to go about the choices in Subahibi, it would be this:

In Chapters 2, 3, and 4... "It's My Own Invention", "Looking-Glass Insects", and "Jabberwocky", for the very first choice menu that pops up in each of these chapters, you want to pick the first choice of the two choices there. This gets you the best possible experience in the best possible order, I'd say. And that's all you'd have to do.

Oh, and yes, you would definitely want to stick to reading Subahibi in japanese if you can the first time. The writer's mind is pretty unique and getting the original content with all the proper understanding and all the specific thought put into it is best. It's extremely important, after all. Though, because the text in Subahibi is really simple, a relatively near-perfect English translation is highly plausible (and from what I've seen so far, it's gotten such wonderful treatment in English).

I guess if I were to be a bit more specific and give you a detailed outline of the best order to go about the choices in Subahibi, it would be this:

In Chapters 2, 3, and 4... "It's My Own Invention", "Looking-Glass Insects", and "Jabberwocky", for the very first choice menu that pops up in each of these chapters, you want to pick the first choice of the two choices there. This gets you the best possible experience in the best possible order, I'd say. And that's all you'd have to do.

Oh, and yes, you would definitely want to stick to reading Subahibi in japanese if you can the first time. The writer's mind is pretty unique and getting the original content with all the proper understanding and all the specific thought put into it is best. It's extremely important, after all. Though, because the text in Subahibi is really simple, a relatively near-perfect English translation is highly plausible (and from what I've seen so far, it's gotten such wonderful treatment in English).

Okay, simple enough to follow those choices. Always open to choice/path suggestions if it makes the vn a better experience.

No doubt is the writer quite the personality. When you read the abstract stuff or concept talks. It's like you are eating a wonderful philosophy parfait. A lovely multi towered feast for the mind he he he.. Also a screw for the mind, lol.

As I see it, keeping a similar feeling for some passages for the translation will be challenging. Luckily you don't really need to understand all the references in the vn to translate it I would imagine. But keeping the wacky stuff, wacky in English. You need good English to do that.

Lol, I realized my comment on a tl is really offhand. I haven't even completed vn yet haha. 

Either way, more people being able to enjoy this vn would be great. I hope the guy keeps up the good work.

I'm reading the second episode of Umineko... wow, what a great story. it may turn out to be the best vn I've ever read *_* how far will this tale go ??? and.. what a great music o_O there is too many things I want to talk about... but... later! after I finish the first 4 episodes at least.

I'm reading the second episode of Umineko... wow, what a great story. it may turn out to be the best vn I've ever read *_* how far will this tale go ??? and.. what a great music o_O there is too many things I want to talk about... but... later! after I finish the first 4 episodes at least.

I am in the third episode right now, though I do not think it is too great a VN (nowhere near Steins; Gate, Ever17, etc.) but I still like it, I both like and hate the art style, the music is wonderful!

(On the other hand.. oh my god, the ep2 tea party...)

clocking around 132 hours

Does Fate/Stay Night take THAT long?!  :blink:

I am used to 20-30 hours...

Finished chapter 3 in Muramasa. Whev...

'You aren't fooling me twice, affection meter', I thought! I'll never trust that question mark ever aga--- whaaAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!

Ahh, I got what was coming so much that I honestly love it. :D At first, I thought I'd just be in character and do my best not to get any affection points from anyone (I had one from each at that point), and then all the character centered choices started popping up and I thought... 'Maybe I should start focusing onto he routes instead, after all?' Hahaha... well played, Muramasa, well played.

Now I'm glad I went back and got fooled by the traditional VN conventions. If I stuck to my original plan, I probably wouldn't have noticed how the affection meter works, and that'd be a shame. Even though the ending of chapter 1 showed it quite clearly, I ended up thinking that's just what the questionmark part is for and fell for it all over again. So good. :D

Also played a bit more of Reminiscnece and... did I just hear Kaito voiced? That was Kaito, right? Right?! Kyaaaaa~ That made me so happy! :D

I am in the third episode right now, though I do not think it is too great a VN (nowhere near Steins; Gate, Ever17, etc.) but I still like it, I both like and hate the art style, the music is wonderful!

I think its better than any vn I've played before, including Ever 17 o_O the strongest point is the building process, and how much characters develop, it feels like a great novel to me. the art style is very unique to me, loot at Natsuhi's design for example, she looks really like a high class lady.

(On the other hand.. oh my god, the ep2 tea party...)

Does Fate/Stay Night take THAT long?!  :blink:

I am used to 20-30 hours...

Well I have a friend who says he did it in 115 hours so I'd say yes.  It still took me less time than Clannad. (Though I'm not sure how much time I spent on that one exactly.)

I went back to my game of Grisaia and finished Makina's route.  The last part of the route was much more interesting that almost everything else I've read in this VN so far.  I'll probably follow with Amane's route now.  (Already have Sachi's completed.)

Just finished Ruitomo and am totally fucking dumbstruck by Akaneko's route. Listening to the OP forever for hours.

Hahaha, awesome. Glad you didn't hold back reading ruitomo because of the hard writing at times. *Thumbs up!*

I love the OP aswell, it's Brilliant. I've listened to it for hours as well haha.

You thinking of reading the fan disc as well? Or you going to read something else now.

Hahaha, awesome. Glad you didn't hold back reading ruitomo because of the hard writing at times. *Thumbs up!*

I love the OP aswell, it's Brilliant. I've listened to it for hours as well haha.

You thinking of reading the fan disc as well? Or you going to read something else now.

I have the fandisc already ready. Got told that it's basically not a fandisc, its a sequel. The plot (original game spoilers)

Apparently deals with Tomo's sister, which in Akanekos route was far from finished. It starts from the common route ending, it seems. It also features a fucking Megumu route, which is uh.... yeah. A bit of a crime that it wasn't in the original game to be honest, lol. Also alot of the game is written by Hino, the guy who did Akanekos and alot of the common. So yeah.

I basically love the game as much as i love Asairo (which is saying more than words can express) and I want to rate it really high, but the text is pretty jerky and some other weird things. I may just rate them together when i finish the FD.

I have the fandisc already ready. Got told that it's basically not a fandisc, its a sequel. The plot (original game spoilers)

Apparently deals with Tomo's sister, which in Akanekos route was far from finished. It starts from the common route ending, it seems. It also features a fucking Megumu route, which is uh.... yeah. A bit of a crime that it wasn't in the original game to be honest, lol. Also alot of the game is written by Hino, the guy who did Akanekos and alot of the common. So yeah.

I basically love the game as much as i love Asairo (which is saying more than words can express) and I want to rate it really high, but the text is pretty jerky and some other weird things. I may just rate them together when i finish the FD.

I've heard the same, it's a sequel of sorts, with some afterstories as well.

Daiyum, it goes like that. I knew beforehand that the other girls gets a route in the FD. Which is why I pretty much looked aside that Megumu didn't have a route. Waaa, I persoanlly found the common and Akaneko's the best parts of the vn. So that is outright great new haha. (I actually found Rui's route one of my favorite routes to read as well. Maybe because it was the first route. hmm.)

Ha ha, that's nice. Asairo is right under your lovely Baldr sky dive 2 hehe.

Yeah, I agree the vn is a bit rough in the edges at times. Because of that it's hard to really put a exact score on it. Other than that, it's an amazing ride.

I am going to read the FD as well, likely going to re-score the first game after that.

First need to read SubaHibi though.

I just got started on My Girlfriend is the president. I'm juggling Yu-no with that. Just started Sharin: Yukyu. I'm going to replay Sengoku Rance for the other Route I didn't finish.

Others I sparingly pick up now and then:

Daibnchou

Steins;Gate (Already finished anime)

Battle Moon Wars

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Muv Luv: Altered Fable

G String
Muv Luv: Alternative Chronicles 01

Still playing through Shikkoku no sharnoth, this VN is interesting;

I like the main protagonist, her design, her golden eye, her development through the game.

The story is pretty strong even if, as much as i played, i don't understand everything.

It's a bit repetitive, but not that much, so it's ok.