What are you playing?

started grisaia a few days ago. im not sure what route i want to go through first. i read that i should start with amane a few times on this forum but i have zero interest in her.

Maybe you should go from "interesting" to "wow"?

Yumiko/Michiru>Makina/Sachi>Amane?

I think it would be like this. Just my opinion tough.

Maybe you should go from "interesting" to "wow"?

Yumiko/Michiru>Makina/Sachi>Amane?

I think it would be like this. Just my opinion tough.

I don't know.  Speaking as someone who played through Amane's route first (even though I don't particularly care about her as a heroine), I think her route turns the tables from the common route nicely.  There's definitely a strong case for playing her route first -- but, even if you decide to put it off towards the end, I'd swap Sachi and Amane in the order above and save Sachi for last.  Sachi's good end just left me in much better spirits than the others, so I think she'd be an excellent way to end things.

I just got done with the Muv-Luv stories and DemonBane.  Kind of looking for something else to get into.  May go with Steins Gate or ChaosHead.  I like the action, supernatural sci-fi stuff the most.   Slice of Life and Harem can be funny too but I don't get deep into those games.

I'm currently pretty early on in Grisaia no Kajitsu as well, just passed the part where Yumiko's father comes to the school.

So a good order would be Michiru > Yumiko > Makina > Amane > Sachi? Does the order matter that much, or is it just certain characters you should do later/earlier?

Oh now that I remember. A few days ago I wanted to play Chaos;Head because I was interested (duuh)

I ended up dropping it in....15 minutes?

Just when I tought I've seen every type of MC.

Well, you're missing out. I for one liked tat MC. :) Made for a very refreshing look at a thriller/supernatural story without that classic "I can do this!" kind of MC.

Finished Torta's route in Symphonic Rain yesterday.

If I have to be blunt, Symphonic Rain hasn't quite met my expectations. Torta's route was heartbreaking but the feeling wasn't as strong as I expected.

Was this Da Capo or Al Fine? Welp...

I don't think feels are the absolute high point of SR. The best part of SR is (1) the twist if you don't see it /which I didn't/ and (2) the depth of its characters and character motivations. The complicated feelings, uncertainty, humanity of it all coupled with interesting characters all over (arguably Lise is the weak point here.)

You can also say a lot about the craft - art style, the insert songs and their lyrics, the pretty good rhythm game...

And I still rate it under Rewrite and stuff because it really drags in the middle... I need to reread SR *puts in on the back of list*

this totally turned into a different post than I was going for

I don't think feels are the absolute high point of SR. The best part of SR is (1) the twist if you don't see it /which I didn't/ and (2) the depth of its characters and character motivations. The complicated feelings, uncertainty, humanity of it all coupled with interesting characters all over (arguably Lise is the weak point here.)

You can also say a lot about the craft - art style, the insert songs and their lyrics, the pretty good rhythm game...

And I still rate it under Rewrite and stuff because it really drags in the middle... I need to reread SR *puts in on the back of list*

While I haven't finished Symphonic Rain yet, I've done the three girl routes, and the part I bolded I completely agree with. It's not the sadness that makes me enjoy SR, it's the uncertain feelings, especially those heartbreaking ones that happen in each route. I'd say my favorite scene I've seen so far was

When Chris called Ari by her sisters name by mistake

^While that didn't bring sadness, it did leave a huge impact on my when the scene was going on and after.

Ahaha XD It's neither; it was the last route to unlock Al Fine~

I do agree that the twists and the character motivations were well done. The lyrics of the girl's songs gave hints about their personalities and motives.

I did finish it yesterday and wow, I really liked Al Fine and Da Capo. That plot twist changed my perspective of the vn.

If I were to write what I feel about them: (minimal spoilers)

Al Fine

This route provides a great insight of Chris and Torta’s situation. That insight make the story of Symphonic Rain, a vn you’d think would contain light drama, much darker. The realization helped me understand why Torta’s route ended the way it did and contained specific problems with it. Chris and the side characters, with the exception of Lise, are developed as well, although 2 of the minor characters were built on top of what we learned about them in Fal’s route.

Da Capo

I loved this route. Phorni was undoubtly my favorite character before and after this route. (I also love the voice her seiyuu provided) Since Lise’s route, I had a feeling that Phorni’s true self was a certain character... This route only confirmed it more and more... And it ended out that I was correct. Without spoiling anything, I like how Chris stepped up and decided to be proactive for the one who looked after him during his time in Piova. Also, this is a bit late but I realized that the length of the bottom line next to Piova in the textbox reflects Chris’ mental state... The more distressed he is, the more the bar filled up. This route was definitely touching - I ended out shedding several tears during the end. This is too hard to write about without spoiling lol

Next vn is most likely Narcissu and side second, although I'll take a small break before reading it.

While I haven't finished Symphonic Rain yet, I've done the three girl routes, and the part I bolded I completely agree with. It's not the sadness that makes me enjoy SR, it's the uncertain feelings, especially those heartbreaking ones that happen in each route. I'd say my favorite scene I've seen so far was

^While that didn't bring sadness, it did leave a huge impact on my when the scene was going on and after.

It gets even more interesting once you do the remaining routes. ;)

Ahaha XD It's neither; it was the last route to unlock Al Fine~

I do agree that the twists and the character motivations were well done. The lyrics of the girl's songs gave hints about their personalities and motives.

I did finish it yesterday and wow, I really liked Al Fine and Da Capo. That plot twist changed my perspective of the vn.

If I were to write what I feel about them: (minimal spoilers)

Next vn is most likely Narcissu and side second, although I'll take a small break before reading it.

The 3 heroine routes are part of Da Capo too, just fyi.

Slightly spoilerish:

Da Capo is when you play from Chris' perspective.

I particularly like the bad end when you don't pick any girl, it actually seems like a good end until you read the entire VN.

It gets even more interesting once you do the remaining routes. ;)

Slightly spoilerish:

I particularly like the bad end when you don't pick any girl, it actually seems like a good end until you read the entire VN.

Would you suggest I do that bad end before moving into Al Fine then? I didn't do that yet, I just went straight for the route good ends and bad ends.

I think I forgot to do Torta's bad end and do t have the save to see it... I'll just use skip to get to the end to see hers and make a separate one to see a No Girl bad end. I remember in Rewrite (the o my other NV w/o an anime adaption I made a lot of progress in), I finished Terra before seeing the No Girl bad end. Although in Rewrite's care, that'd be a cool/confusing bad end if gotten too early :P

Slightly spoilerish:

I know, I just put it as Da Capo because that's how a walkthrough I used listed it. :D

Also, one question. What's the true ending of the vn?

I have a feeling it's the true end of Al Fine, considering that it tells the musician to stop playing once the symbol is reached...

I know, I just put it as Da Capo because that's how a walkthrough I used listed it. :D

Also, one question. What's the true ending of the vn?

I have a feeling it's the true end of Al Fine, considering that it tells the musician to stop playing once the symbol is reached...

Well, Phorni's route is last and it kind of ties up a few loose ends, but I remember I read a review of Symphonic Rain where the reviewer didn't realize that it existed and the last and true route to him was the one you mentioned.

I'm back from the land of real life.  I've been pretty busy with my graduation, so now I should finally have some free time again  ^_^

I think I'm just gonna finish Makina's route, then swing back to Inganock, then finish the Hoshimemo routes I put on hold.  By the way, I seem to be missing the Staircase Subs custom font since I put Hoshimemo on a flash drive and moved it to my new computer.  Anyone know where I can get just the font?  I don't want to have to redownload the entire torrent  :/