What are you playing?

Finished the 4 heroine routes of 痕 ~ きずあと

I keep forgetting that the original game (not the remake) came out before and was the an influencing factor for tsukihime (not the other way around).

Wow the 3rd and especially the 4th route and interlude really went in a different direction. Instead of expanding the scale of the plot, they dive into the origins of the curse, a completely different world. I got my answer to the question I had after the first route: "How can they reveal so much of picture and have material to work with in other routes?".

It didn't feel exceptional or even great in *quality*, but it had a certain "completeness" "ahh, that's how it was." Mmm long exposition scenes. The characters don't really get much deeper though. After the interlude, there's a omake with full blown comedy skits. They were pretty funny and ridiculous. After that, all that's left is the true route.

Started reading 銀色 (http://vndb.org/v915). I think I wanted to run away from the modern school setting as much as possible... and succeeded.

Non-spoiler. Pardon the disorder in thoughts.

I finished the first story, and am near the end of the second one (which is somewhat longer than the first.)

The dialogue and scenes are short, though there are quite a few each story. The first story was cool. Sad, but much more than that, it felt very empty. Chalk it up to who the MC and heroine are.

Giniro probably isn't a plot driven story. It might be an equally character and theme-driven story.

This is the initiation, existence, and closing of the acquaintanceship between the protagonist and heroine. The focus is shared between the protagonist and heroine of each story. Of course, the mysterious bishoujo allure might always be there.

The characters are pretty far I feel like this is the "show, don't tell" approach to being thought-provoking. I'm not sure exactly what, but it *seems* meaningful. The text is difficult, and I'm sad when I miss things. I do plan on going back.

The topic of "if you could have any wish granted, what would you wish for?" get touched on, but not heavily. Surprisingly, it's completely absent plot-wise.

Also: no H-scenes, in the traditional sense. Least not so far. It looks like they didn't feel obligated to add them in here, which is a good thing: it wouldn't have fit with the story so far.

Finished the 4 heroine routes of 痕 ~ きずあと

I keep forgetting that the original game (not the remake) came out before and was the an influencing factor for tsukihime (not the other way around).

Wow the 3rd and especially the 4th route and interlude really went in a different direction. Instead of expanding the scale of the plot, they dive into the origins of the curse, a completely different world. I got my answer to the question I had after the first route: "How can they reveal so much of picture and have material to work with in other routes?".

It didn't feel exceptional or even great in *quality*, but it had a certain "completeness" "ahh, that's how it was." Mmm long exposition scenes. The characters don't really get much deeper though. After the interlude, there's a omake with full blown comedy skits. They were pretty funny and ridiculous. After that, all that's left is the true route.

What the true route is about? I stopped playing after finishing the youngest of the sisters route, because I didn't feel like having more of it. But I'm interested enough to at least read about it here, so can you tell me? (feel free to spoiler everything).

What the true route is about? I stopped playing after finishing the youngest of the sisters route, because I didn't feel like having more of it. But I'm interested enough to at least read about it here, so can you tell me? (feel free to spoiler everything).

I haven't played it yet. I'm just about to start it. Went through 2/3 of the omake skits and then took a break. For sure, I'll write an outline.

As for what it's about... I thought it might cover the conclusion of the "alternate perspective" route, but that itself wouldn't make a route. It could be similar to the struggles from the earlier routes, except struggling for a better end. Either way I'll be sure to tell when I finish it.

I've still been kind of busy but I just finished Makina's route in Grisaia. I enjoyed it but I think I enjoyed Amane's route more. Angelic Howl left me in awe for a good little while.

Makina's mom is a bitch but man is she freaking hot as hell, I just want to throw that out there.

Makina's bad end was also something that was kind of interesting, did she become the next 9029?

I'm playing Danganronpa + 3rd episode of Umineko.

hmmmm, I don't know if its me or not, but I felt that Danganronpa's start was a little rushed ? I think the ... "motive" wasn't convincing enough to commit such an act, and

they are not even sure about the video being real

Ah i finished Shikkoku no Sharnoth : What a beautiful tomorrow.

For me, this VN felt like reading a Breathtaking Poem, a beautiful poem, filled with joy moments, sad moments, plot twists, worth the read.

Now i'm free to do another VN, i'll probably go for Sekien no Inganock,

If someone has a VN to recommend for me.

Still playing Grisaia and I still haven't even got a choice yet ;_; I must be a slow reader..

Nope, it really takes a while to show up, don't worry you'll get there.

That it does.  It took me a solid few days to get to the first choice.  Take a few breaks if you need to, and try to resist the urge to skip ahead to the first choice.  I'd recommend going with Amane's route as your first, but that's just me.

Enjoy Grisaia's common route while it lasts, it's amazing. :) Still resisting the urges to dive into Meikyuu, having other VNs started suddenly feels inconvenient. :D

I'm making steady progress in Muramasa, still in chapter 4 though. Kageaki just went full on hypocrite - luckily I like it when MCs are flawed, so while it might be almost hilarious, it definitely doesn't mean it would make me like the character less. Kanae is doing a pretty good job at starting to get kind of uncomfortable to the point of dislike, kind of tempted to go for her route, if you know what I mean.  :lol:

Also read some more of Reminiscence. Who I thought was a came wasn't a cameo, I'm dumb. :D The story is kind of interesting, though I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the economical themes. The MC is interesting, his sister is annoying, and the true heroine is nowhere to be seen. The food subplot is pretty cool, though. :)

I am about half way through Swan Song. It is really dark and I can't put it down right now  :D When you guys/gals play VN's do you play every route or do you just go for the good routes? I am still new to them and I can't see the appeal for going for the bad or normal route once I get the good route with the girl...

Oi bolverk where are you pls

You really need to read the ruitomo fandisc.

It has

The Ruitomo cast dressing up and making a band, featuring Tomo singing and Yenfei playing the triangle

I am here~~

Omg wwinnn lol. ofc, Tomo is going to sing, she is best girl

:D Also Yenfei wat da faaaak lol.

No worries I'll get to reading it haha, SubaHibi first though.

Kizuato (http://vndb.org/v184) is best thought of as some form of mystery novel. As you play through the routes you get more and more answers (even to things which don't seem like they need an answer (most of them didn't), until you could not possibly have any more questions. This is kizuato's strength. The scenario is pre-set and consistent, with minor allowances given to let the routes play out appropriately. The consequence of this is that each route only contains what is needed to advance the plot (the layer by layer revealing of the scenario, a good showcase of what the vn medium can do). Except in the first route, there is no classical build up and resolution. This is even more jarring when it comes to the romance. There is absolutely no romance as in "romancing" (a relationship developing) in this novel. Overall, I'd say the game is about a 7.8. It doesn't have any "great points", but it has many "good points", without many bad ones. However, it'll WILL seem alot worse if you don't don't accept the above qualifications.

Minimal spoiler overview

The characters are ... only and deep as the plot needs them to be. The protagonist actually has the most depth in the first arc (he has a large stake in it, to the point where I feel like he shares the first arc with Chizuru). He has resentment towards his father, hesitation towards being pay attention to by his cousins (who were more deeply struck by his father's death then him), his admiration for Chizuru, and the painful awareness/discontentment when he realizes how many burdens

Chizuru shoulders. The end of the arc is pretty intense. All in all, the first arc is well-rounded and could stand by itself.

The second branch (so short it shouldn't be called a route/arc), went straight searching for the suspect, which had good tension. The ending itself wasn't confusing, but the way they presented something was baffling and felt weird, and isn't explained until later. However, other than this not many questions remain.

Kaede's Route...is also very short. You might have already guessed why Kaede had been avoiding the MC, but the truth is a little beyond that. That h-scene though. I have never seen anything as sudden [-_-] . Though it's so gentle and tender it was somehow heartwarming. http://s.vndb.org/sf/98/11998.jpg This picture sums up the atmosphere of important part of Kaede's route. Nostalgic, calm, sad, quiet. This arc introduces some of the things related to the fourth arc.

Then there's the Interlude, <can't talk about this without spoiling something, though it is revealed in the first arc>
Overall this interlude is a high point in the novel. No fluff, just brutal, cold perspective. Also this wraps up all the real life conflict, ie. there's no more development on that end.

where you take the perspective of the perpetrator. I hated the guy as much as anyone else, but the first thing they do is throw you in to his shoes. Not the oni that will take him over, the man who is at wit's end, his psyche chipped away into nonetheless. You have some more relevant scenes, until the end where we finally see "let go"/snap. The depiction here was enough for me to mostly accept the way he behaved during in earlier arcs.

The fourth route is pretty crazy. While not in quality, in form, I'd liken it to a "mini-ever17".  After a nice fireworks scene (I liked that.), it suddenly goes into this long eerie horror sequence, by the middle of which you are just dyying to get out of there. A number of baffling things happen, and then boom - the story goes into crazy explanation mode, the baffling things  you saw, and some of the facts from the earlier arcs (that didn't seem like they needed or would have an explanation), all end up being  symptoms of a larger-scale backstory, far-removed from the original setting.
The past arc has some irrelevant past scenes, and then caps off the backstory with some explanation at the very top of the causation chain. Jeez, it's pretty out there.
Girls in order of how much business they should have in liking Kouichi (Normal eroge relationship standards>>>Kaede>Chizuru>>>>Hatsune>>Azusa).
Looking at the scenario as a whole, I can't think of a better way they could have layed it out. The irregular structure just followed from the scenario they had decided on before hand. Uhh, most of the rape wasn't neccesary. It was technically relevant, but they could have left most of it unshown or abbreviated.

Oh, and to answer Aggressor's request.

I only played through about a 1/3-1/4 of it, but it seems like the last route is an "extra route" that happens half a month after the events in the rest of the story. The main character picks up a childish maid who has recently been unemployed for certain reasons and is desperate for work, room and board. I think the arc is only meant to be semi-serious, though there should be a plot line. On the bright side, the new character kinda breathes some life into the household. On the other hand, it's basically just an extra freebie route. It'd be ironic though if the maid got more romance development then any of the original cast though.

For some reason I couldn't unlock the route even after playing all the omake. Maybe you have to go through all the bad ends?. I ended up downloading a 100% save file.

I think I'm near the end of Rose Guns Days s2 and I'm slowly progressing in Gekkou no Carnevale. Ayakashibito will probably stay on hold for a while, don't really feel like reading it for some reason... and there are too many other good ones I want to read after finishing RGD s2!

Ah i finished Shikkoku no Sharnoth : What a beautiful tomorrow.

For me, this VN felt like reading a Breathtaking Poem, a beautiful poem, filled with joy moments, sad moments, plot twists, worth the read.

Now i'm free to do another VN, i'll probably go for Sekien no Inganock,

If someone has a VN to recommend for me.

Nice that you enjoyed it! Personally I'd say Sekien is a bit better overall. Recommendation: I/O maybe? This VN needs more attention.  ^_^

Kizuato (http://vndb.org/v184) is best thought of as some form of mystery novel. As you play through the routes you get more and more answers (even to things which don't seem like they need an answer (most of them didn't), until you could not possibly have any more questions. This is kizuato's strength. The scenario is pre-set and consistent, with minor allowances given to let the routes play out appropriately. The consequence of this is that each route only contains what is needed to advance the plot (the layer by layer revealing of the scenario, a good showcase of what the vn medium can do). Except in the first route, there is no classical build up and resolution. This is even more jarring when it comes to the romance. There is absolutely no romance as in "romancing" (a relationship developing) in this novel. Overall, I'd say the game is about a 7.8. It doesn't have any "great points", but it has many "good points", without many bad ones. However, it'll WILL seem alot worse if you don't don't accept the above qualifications.

~Added to wishlist~ thanks for sharing this!

I've been playing it for a little over a week now xD But yeah I planned on doing Amane's route first just because onee-san type girls are always da best.

"A few solid days" meaning that's pretty much all I did all day  lol  Being sick helped.

There's more reasons than just that to do Amane's route first, though.  You'll never think about Amane the same way again...[/foreshadowing]

Finally finished mishiru's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu but found it pretty disappointing. Oh well, only have Yumiko and Amane's left now (I'v been saving Amane's for last because I hear she has the best story). Sachi is still my favorite by far!

Even though blowing up the school was retardly stupid I still found her character development and personality to be amazing. I also like how it was more romance orientated than makina or michiru's route.

Btw, how do you see Sachi in a wedding dress? It's listed as one of her clothing pieces on vndb but I don't ever remember seeing that. Is that supposed to be for the sequel or something?

I'm taking a break though and trying out Hoshizora no Memoria. I'v only been reading for a couple hours so far but I really like it. I'm a bit unsure about the route orders though. From what I read, the mystery girl is last and you have to play through all the other girls first to play hers. I wish I could do the mystery girl first and then do the other girls after because the beginning of this VN really pushes the romance story between them pretty hard. It just seems kind of awkward to play the route for the other girls when I want to see the main romance happen.