What are you playing?

I actually think the whole route from top to bottom is retarded.

The beginning:

I WILL FAKE-KIDNAP MY DAUGHTER AND GET HER TO COME TO ME WHICH WILL RANDOMLY TURN INTO ACTUAL KIDNAPPING IN THE MIDDLE FOR SOME REASON BWAHAHA BAD GUYS.

The fucking henchmen level up every day as Yuuji forgets all his brain's as a professional and constantly takes her to the EXACT SAME PLACE EVERY TIME. Which all culimnates in an epic chase with Yuuji on a bike and throwing a :frozen turkey: at a PLANE. I can't believe someone even wrote something so stupid.

I also like how Yuuji, who in amane's route is SHOT and still manages to fight and get up, is bedridden and bandaged by a knife. Seriously?

Middle:

Four hours of Yumiko's personality going insanely 90 degrees left and losing all of the interesting mental issues she had to deal with. She, instead, becomes an insanely stereotypical kuudere and becomes a fucking housewife. Out of all the things about Yumiko's personality, the thing that got the most focus was that she's a pervert.

AND THE FINALE:

YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAPCARD: CORPORATE POLITICS BEAM.

Yes, see. I, Yuuji, the guy the reader has been following the whole time did an immense amount of work offscreen! It was amazing! I bet you would have liked to know how this whole process unfolded or when it even started, but sadly, you don't get to know. Infact, you will never know.

Yumiko's route is really special.

You made my day with this post. :D The part in the last spoiler bothered me the most--how bad does the writer have to be to do something that dumb? I at least enjoyed Yumiko's flashbacks part, even if that wasn't anything special either.

Stalled (Dropped?) ハピメア

-the main branch is slow (Played up to Chapter 4)

-there's nothing that has to be explained (reverse infodump), so it's constantly feeling like nothing's happening.

-the characters don't seem to have a purpose. I can sort of see the potential behind them, but they've been placed in so few kinds of situations, that they can't help but be flat. It's a lot of tea and crumples mixed with the protagonist ruminating in scattered lines of thought.

It's not like playing it is that unpleasant, or that it's like I don't like the characters (I sorta do), but between the slow plot and static characters, everything's so languid. Aiyoku no Eustia, in comparison, had a slow development at times, but the setting was rich and the characters shone so brightly it wasn't really an issue.

I heard the later parts were quite good. Maybe I'll come back in a while and end up enjoying the novel then.

Started 痕 ~ きずあと

Continuing  村正 Muramasa (Chapter 2)

Also reading Muramasa between finals, at the end (?) of chapter 1 myself.

That 'Last class' bit was my favourite part of the VN so far. The everyday happy BGMs were so bizarre in that situation that I almost thought the VN was broken for a moment, yet it made so much sense in the context. It was great, though I had to stop at the air-battle part. I wish I had more time. :x

That 'Last class' bit was my favourite part of the VN so far. The everyday happy BGMs were so bizarre in that situation that I almost thought the VN was broken for a moment, yet it made so much sense in the context. It was great, though I had to stop at the air-battle part. I wish I had more time. :x

Gee, that part really stood out for me as well!

Also the fact that neither ただやすnor こなつ spoke during the whole scene. Not using, say, a suspenseful or fearful melody bypassed any "fight or flight" response from the reader. It was like a daylight horror, a  farce (滑稽な光景)、and a tragedy; it had with feeling of powerlessness and dread. Which makes it so much more surprising when ゆうひ reacts with anger and indignation instead. It was 鈴川 's stage and they were his puppets. He was a god. Which in turn makes for a dramatic arrival by 湊斗.

The bgm there felt like it was accompanying the end of a story, with the feeling that everything has fallen into place. From the author's perspective, it's an A-grade troll. From 鈴川's perspective, things probably feel right. He has finally opened his students' eyes to the light, in all it's worldly wretchedness.

That was one of my favorite BGMs in the game, and hilariously enough they use it during

the rape scene.

There's a scene / plot development regarding the above in Kanae's route but I obviously won't spoil it for you. It's pretty great... and by great I mean it will break your heart, haha.

Uggghh you stopped reading at the best partttt

Well nevermind. You'll soon come back to this thread and post something along the lines of WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, then I'll know you have finished Chapter 1.

The beginning:

I WILL FAKE-KIDNAP MY DAUGHTER AND GET HER TO COME TO ME WHICH WILL RANDOMLY TURN INTO ACTUAL KIDNAPPING IN THE MIDDLE FOR SOME REASON BWAHAHA BAD GUYS.

The fucking henchmen level up every day as Yuuji forgets all his brain's as a professional and constantly takes her to the EXACT SAME PLACE EVERY TIME. Which all culimnates in an epic chase with Yuuji on a bike and throwing a :frozen turkey: at a PLANE. I can't believe someone even wrote something so stupid.

I also like how Yuuji, who in amane's route is SHOT and still manages to fight and get up, is bedridden and bandaged by a knife. Seriously?

Middle:

Four hours of Yumiko's personality going insanely 90 degrees left and losing all of the interesting mental issues she had to deal with. She, instead, becomes an insanely stereotypical kuudere and becomes a fucking housewife. Out of all the things about Yumiko's personality, the thing that got the most focus was that she's a pervert.

AND THE FINALE:

Yes, see. I, Yuuji, the guy the reader has been following the whole time did an immense amount of work offscreen! It was amazing! I bet you would have liked to know how this whole process unfolded or when it even started, but sadly, you don't get to know. Infact, you will never know.

Her flashback was still quite good, despite some possible mistakes.

If he wanted a male successor that badly, why not just keep adopting until one survives? Everything in Grisaia follows the Deus Angst Machina style but jesus, this was a dumb one. Whenever the guy got his hands on someone to take Yumiko's place, the kid would eventually die. Overall her route was a huge trash, holy shit, I went Amane > Yumiko and I was like: R U SERIOUS? AMANE HAD A GODLIKE ROUTE, I WAS EXPECTING SOMETHING AT LEAST DECENT FOR YUMIKO SINCE SHE'S SUPPOSEDLY THE COMMON ROUTE WTF? She was merely a copy of Makina and way too weaker, the chicken part was so dumb I literally facepalmed to it. 

I was trying to make an analysis for Yumiko just like I did for Makina's route but I got so tired of reading it, I got into the worst part of the plot and just gave up.

As far as I remember, he didn't got hit directly like in Makina's route, some pellets got him but it wasn't a straight threat to his life. There is a manga adaptation supposedly going on but only the chapter 0 was translated (March 13, 2013! I want more!), you can see that his arm is not that fucked up, I don't know if it can be counted as a proof but anyway, here: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/grisaia_no_kajitsu_le_fruit_de_la_grisaia/c000/

Her flashback was still quite good, despite some possible mistakes.

If he wanted a male successor that badly, why not just keep adopting until one survives? Everything in Grisaia follows the Deus Angst Machina style but jesus, this was a dumb one. Whenever the guy got his hands on someone to take Yumiko's place, the kid would eventually die. Overall her route was a huge trash, holy shit, I went Amane > Yumiko and I was like: R U SERIOUS? AMANE HAD A GODLIKE ROUTE, I WAS EXPECTING SOMETHING AT LEAST DECENT FOR YUMIKO SINCE SHE'S SUPPOSEDLY THE COMMON ROUTE WTF? She was merely a copy of Makina and way too weaker, the chicken part was so dumb I literally facepalmed to it. 

I was trying to make an analysis for Yumiko just like I did for Makina's route but I got so tired of reading it, I got into the worst part of the plot and just gave up.

As far as I remember, he didn't got hit directly like in Makina's route, some pellets got him but it wasn't a straight threat to his life. There is a manga adaptation supposedly going on but only the chapter 0 was translated (March 13, 2013! I want more!), you can see that his arm is not that fucked up, I don't know if it can be counted as a proof but anyway, here: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/grisaia_no_kajitsu_le_fruit_de_la_grisaia/c000/

I actually didn't hate her flashback either, to be honest. It's the one thing thats worth reading in her route.

The beginning:

Middle:

AND THE FINALE:

Wow, you made me laugh so hard I think I hurt myself.  But yeah, even though it was meh, meh is better than Michiru's route, IMO.  I really didn't like her route.  Stupid crap like the stuff in Yumiko's route is actually possible (even if it's extremely unlikely), but what happens in Michiru's is not.

Well nevermind. You'll soon come back to this thread and post something along the lines of WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, then I'll know you have finished Chapter 1.

Just finished the first chapter. Oh damn... I knew where it was going as soon as the scene started, but there was still a part of me that thought they wouldn't go that far. But they did... sasuga Nitro+. :D

Minato will be an interesting character to follow, I'm really curious what that's going to be like. I'm liking the VN so far-- and dat OP! I can see it going into my favorites already. :D

Just finished the first chapter. Oh damn... I knew where it was going as soon as the scene started, but there was still a part of me that thought they wouldn't go that far. But they did... sasuga Nitro+. :D

Minato will be an interesting character to follow, I'm really curious what that's going to be like. I'm liking the VN so far-- and dat OP! I can see it going into my favorites already. :D

I love Kageaki as an MC. And he can be so hilariously deadpan at times. As for what's coming, even I'll admit that the common route can drag a bit, especially Chapters 3 and 4 are among the weakest parts of the VN for me. But then Chapter 5 + individual routes happen and things get pretty interesting.

By the way! I hope you're not using a walkthrough to see how to get onto each route. Because that sort of spoils things. On your first time just select whatever choices you think are best and go with it. You'll understand what I mean at the end of Chapter 3.

I like to have 1-3 visual novel downloaded so, I can read the other one if I get bored with the another one for change of pace. xD 

My girlfriend is the president (2 route left)

Wanko To Kurasou (Almost finish it)

Hoshizora no Memoria (I am going to start reading it soon)

I love Kageaki as an MC. And he can be so hilariously deadpan at times. As for what's coming, even I'll admit that the common route can drag a bit, especially Chapters 3 and 4 are among the weakest parts of the VN for me. But then Chapter 5 + individual routes happen and things get pretty interesting.

By the way! I hope you're not using a walkthrough to see how to get onto each route. Because that sort of spoils things. On your first time just select whatever choices you think are best and go with it. You'll understand what I mean at the end of Chapter 3.

Read a little bit further today, specifically the first battle in chapter 2. I like how they throw away all the cliches you'd expect from regular (I hesitate to call them shounen, but it approaches that in many cases) encounters and take a more realistic approach. And well, the writing is awesome, even if it takes me forever. :D

And walkthroughs? No, I completely avoid these - finding out how exactly the VN works and how the routes are laid out is one of the things I enjoy finding out myself - I am really curious how the structure works in Muramasa for example, and that makes it even more exciting - not to mention I'd be pretty much asking to get myself spoiled. It's enough that I've accidentally seen the second OP already. 

EDIT:

Oh,

this character looks awesoooouuuuUUGHWHYDIDYOUSPEAK D:

Just finished Yumiko's good route.  Honestly, I liked how it ended, but, I have to admit, in the end I was more interested in Michiaki's character than how things ended. I thought he was going to remain a 2D antagonist throughout the story, so it was a pleasant surprise to have him fleshed out a bit.  Definitely not as good as Sachi's or Amane's route, not by a long shot, but it was definitely better than Michiru's.  Gotta say, though, the writers got sloppy.  It's hard to believe that its from the same people that made Amane's and Sachi's routes.

Just finished Yumiko's good route.  Honestly, I liked how it ended, but, I have to admit, in the end I was more interested in Michiaki's character than how things ended. I thought he was going to remain a 2D antagonist throughout the story, so it was a pleasant surprise to have him fleshed out a bit.  Definitely not as good as Sachi's or Amane's route, not by a long shot, but it was definitely better than Michiru's.  Gotta say, though, the writers got sloppy.  It's hard to believe that its from the same people that made Amane's and Sachi's routes.

The guy who wrote Yumiko's route is, uh, a web designer. lol

The guy who wrote Yumiko's route is, uh, a web designer. lol

That explains that, then.  And all the plot holes.  I thought it was hard to imagine that the same people that made Amane's route made Yumiko's.  That, and I don't care enough to look up who made what  lol

Started Sekien no Inganock.  The clown's voice is really starting to bug me.  Hearing "Konnichiwa, Gii!" again and again and again is surely going to drive me over the edge of sanity.

Reading 痕~きずあと. (First route)

Thoughts, No-spoiler.

It feels like Tsukihime, with the setup being the MC is struggling against something mental that is threatening to overwhelm them with violence and primal-ness.

Tsukiato is a lot less mindwarp then tsukihime. Also, the story is less isolated, with the story background and plot involving along a commercial group and the media/police. In that sense it feels a bit like Higurashi.

Unlike tsukihime, where it was tense as the MC adjusted to the new environment, and some of the characters were rather quirky at first glance (I'm looking at you Ciel). The heroines are sisters in one household, and so the atmosphere in the house and relationship between the 4 are quite familiar and warm. The initial mood is interesting enough. The MC's estranged father died a bit before the start of the story. Due to circumstances, his father was separated from him and so his cousins actually are more impacted by his death. While he comes to terms with how uncomfortable that feels, the story starts to develop...

On one hand, it feels like the story moved smoothly and reasonably quickly to the plot (unlike tsukihime). I'm not especially moved by the tense quasi-horror scenes yet. I think this holds true in general, the reason being, there isn't really a whole lot at stake. You are just witnessing the MC struggle and accepting what happens. It feels like this early in the VN, those things are more like spadework, getting the reader familiar with the devil the MC knows in his mind. So far the story is pleasant, but ordinary. I'll be looking for lots of varied events (not repetitive). With a mandatory route order (gradually revealing more of the truth), you can do very deliberate and interesting presentations, outcomes, and character states. You can also be very lame and spread the plot and information over 5 routes of filler. Only time will tell.

Reading 痕~きずあと. (First route)

Thoughts, No-spoiler.

It feels like Tsukihime, with the setup being the MC is struggling against something mental that is threatening to overwhelm them with violence and primal-ness.

Tsukiato is a lot less mindwarp then tsukihime. Also, the story is less isolated, with the story background and plot involving along a commercial group and the media/police. In that sense it feels a bit like Higurashi.

Unlike tsukihime, where it was tense as the MC adjusted to the new environment, and some of the characters were rather quirky at first glance (I'm looking at you Ciel). The heroines are sisters in one household, and so the atmosphere in the house and relationship between the 4 are quite familiar and warm. The initial mood is interesting enough. The MC's estranged father died a bit before the start of the story. Due to circumstances, his father was separated from him and so his cousins actually are more impacted by his death. While he comes to terms with how uncomfortable that feels, the story starts to develop...

On one hand, it feels like the story moved smoothly and reasonably quickly to the plot (unlike tsukihime). I'm not especially moved by the tense quasi-horror scenes yet. I think this holds true in general, the reason being, there isn't really a whole lot at stake. You are just witnessing the MC struggle and accepting what happens. It feels like this early in the VN, those things are more like spadework, getting the reader familiar with the devil the MC knows in his mind. So far the story is pleasant, but ordinary. I'll be looking for lots of varied events (not repetitive). With a mandatory route order (gradually revealing more of the truth), you can do very deliberate and interesting presentations, outcomes, and character states. You can also be very lame and spread the plot and information over 5 routes of filler. Only time will tell.

Oh, I liked this one, and "Tsukihime-like" was my first thought too. I became interested in it because of this awesome shot:

11997.jpg

And after finishing the first route I was thinking "Darn, this is great!". But you know, other routes are pretty different, it gets more... warped the further you go. In the end I still liked it, but only up to 8/10. And btw this is one of the few VN where I had to use a walkthrough. Anyway, the first route is really badass, have fun! :)

Oh, I liked this one, and "Tsukihime-like" was my first thought too. I became interested in it because of this awesome shot:

11997.jpg

And after finishing the first route I was thinking "Darn, this is great!". But you know, other routes are pretty different, it gets more... warped the further you go. In the end I still liked it, but only up to 8/10. And btw this is one of the few VN where I had to use a walkthrough. Anyway, the first route is really badass, have fun! :)

Haha, I stopped on that exact picture today. I saw the image fleetingly on vndb, but it the fact never occurred to me until it appeared. Hyyype. Totally my type of cg art.

Started on Subahibi. Nothing major have happened so far. I was quite suprised how easy the majority of the text is. The denpa stuff is the only stuff I actually scruff my head at. The art, bgm, voices and writing style fits my preferances quite nicely.

Also this Yuri like harem is quite funny haha. I am too weak against tsunderes dammit. ( I got a feeling it's just a question of time before people start dying though...)

Finally had some time to sit down and finish up Marie's route in Dies Irae.

A bittersweet end, just the way I like it. And now started the Omnia Vincit Amor story which is so far awesome by default simple because it has more Beatrice (not *really* her I take it, since it's 2066, but still) who actually ended up being my favorite heroine even with the little screentime she had.

Only one route to go, wonder what it's gonna be like in comparison. Marie's route already felt like it could've been the final route.

Edit: Done with the epilogue. Oh god this ending. な、涙が止まらない…