What are you playing?

I'm reading Hoshizora no Memoria right now. I finished Asuho, Komomo, Kosame, Aoi, and I feel like I'm near the end of Chinami. I'm really excited to read mystery girl and Mare's route. So far I'v liked all the routes with the exception of Aoi, who was painfully annoying for 3/4 of the route. I can't get enough of Okaizumi's shiiiiiiiiitt and Komomo's reaction, it cracks me up every single time.

Since the sequel isn't translated in English yet, I'm going to try it with a Chinese patch. I'm not fluent but I studied it for 4 years so hopefully it's easy enough to read to still be enjoyable.

Finished Torta's route in Symphonic Rain yesterday.

If I have to be blunt, Symphonic Rain hasn't quite met my expectations. Torta's route was heartbreaking but the feeling wasn't as strong as I expected.

Other than that, I've been reading Irotoridori no Sekai recently. Reading a Favorite vn again reminds me how much I like their system, especially the changes/zooms lol.

Started reading Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no. Really liking it, I was suprised how high quality it feels. I am already in love with the BGM, the art and writing is nice as well.

Even more shocking for me was that this vn was made by Pulltop... Oozora did not have this feeling. Well they made it 8 years ago almost, so I suppose that's part of it.

I started reading this vn because I needed a short break from SubaHibi, I am currently in the Chapter "Looking-Glass". I am not really in the mood to read the cruel parts of the vn. I am going to read it more later ofc. I'll note down my thoughts of Suba when i am done with it...

Just finished G-Senjou no Maou, I say this one really touched my heart. In the epilogue of the story I was literally having a heart attack. If Fate/Stay Night was my craz favorite then this right here just blew it down to number two. Truly a masterpiece both the story and music really got my blood flowing and ensnared me like no VN has ever done before.

Playing Dies irae, somewhere at chapter 3

Strangely, I've played a lot of unstranslated VNs using ITH + ATLAS, but this is just... unreadable. Despite the comedy/school life path, I can't understand more than 50% of it, lol.

Maybe I should just drop it and move on to the another one...

Finished G-Senjou no Maou and Steins;Gate recently.

Spoilers for both:

G-Senjou was a fun, thrilling experience with some really good twists even if it had a few silly plot holes/conveniences. Ending was satisfying.

S;G was one of the most consistent VNs I have ever read. There was never a point where I felt the VN "slowed down" and I was constantly interesting in the story. The ending was godlike, I almost cried tears of joy at future Okabe's little speech. :') The reunion between Kirisu and Okabe at the end was obviously emotional as well.

Starting up Remember11, I feel like getting some more mindscrew.

Making steady progress in Kanae's route. Liking it so far, though not sure what to expect from the new people/twists they're building up - seems like the story won't go how I thought it would, again. :D Well, that's what makes it fun and keeps it from being repetitive.

Also, all those battle choices! Loved that part. Only... if that opponent was who I think it was.... damn. :S

Playing Dies irae, somewhere at chapter 3

Strangely, I've played a lot of unstranslated VNs using ITH + ATLAS, but this is just... unreadable. Despite the comedy/school life path, I can't understand more than 50% of it, lol.

Maybe I should just drop it and move on to the another one...

Haha, I can imagine - I got traumatized by Senshinkan's prologue, and I imagine this is no better. :D

Yeah, you should probably consider dropping it and coming back to it later when you've improved a bit, I think. Dies isn't really worth reading if you don't understand that much of it. Much of the enjoyment comes from Masada's writing, so if you can't appreciate that, I don't know what the point is.

Just finished Tomoyo's route in Clannad.  While there was some small bit of drama toward the end, this route was still mostly comedy.  I enjoyed it, but I'm not getting any particularly strong feeling towards the VN yet.  

I am starting to wonder if I may just not be a good fit for Key's stuff though.  I hear people praise Angel Beats! from time to time, but I only thought of it as mildly amusing at its best moments.  I thought the sentimental portions of the show fell pretty flat.

I am starting to wonder if I may just not be a good fit for Key's stuff though.  I hear people praise Angel Beats! from time to time, but I only thought of it as mildly amusing at its best moments.  I thought the sentimental portions of the show fell pretty flat.

Nah, I think you just haven't read the better parts of Clannad yet. I for one wasn't impressed by Angel Beats! at all, but I loved Clannad as a whole, Refrain from Little Busters and Rewrite. I've also read Kanon, but that, outside of one outastnding route (Mai's), didn't really get me either.

Which VN(s) you like from Key seems to depend on what kind of stories you enjoy. I'm not going to go very in depth here because I don't like typing spoilers, but a couple of examples. Clannad was quite boring to me, Ryou and Kyou's routes being the worst offenders, but I thoroughly enjoyed Kanon. Other people, on the other hand, love Clannad (especially Ryou and Kyou's routes) and Air and hate LB, Rewrite and Kanon. There's no real reason for it, people just say that certain stories from Key made them cry and others did not. I suppose it really depends on whether the heroines' stories resonate with you *shrugs*.

Also, what Vokoca said. The crap part about Clannad is you won't know if the game is 'for you' or not until you've invested over a hundred hours in the game. Very annoying.

Also, what Vokoca said. The crap part about Clannad is you won't know if the game is 'for you' or not until you've invested over a hundred hours in the game. Very annoying.

Well the good thing is that I do at least find the dialogue amusing, so even if I don't get any real emotional investment in the story like I usually do with VNs, it won't be a total wash.  And I haven't given up yet.  Steins;Gate took a long time for me to warm up to(I hated Okabe until I found out why he's so damned obnoxious), but now it's one of my top three VNs.  I'm willing to put in the hours to appreciate Clannad; it just doesn't have me glued to the screen yet.

I finished Umineko chapter 4 last night. Crazy. Completely crazy.

The "hate or love" point for Umineko is probably chapter 2 I think. If you pass that and still accept the silliness of Beato's and Battler's game, than it can only be amazing. Plot twists everywhere, absurd explanations, new characters popping up all the time, badass moments for everyone, silly funny stuff...

TBH there are still some moments where I don't like a plot twist because it's kinda weak or I find the arguments throwed completely stupid...

But still, there are too much good scenes to not make it worth a read. Now I'll go into Chiru.

started grisaia a few days ago. im not sure what route i want to go through first. i read that i should start with amane a few times on this forum but i have zero interest in her.

I just did them as they came.

That really didn't sound right when I read it aloud.  Let me try again.

I chose the routes in order of their dialogue fork's appearance.  I think that gets you Makina/Amane/Sachi/Michiru/Yumiko.

So I'm playing Grisaia now for a few hours... I'm not really sure about the "deeper" meaning of the Story and until now Yuuji is not really sympathetic...

But their are some nice dialogues and Makina is reallyyyyy unique  :lol: ... 

just now i almost spit my drink out

Makina: "Simultaneous service? Amazin', Ama-nee! No wonder you're Japan's number-one ranked slut!"

Greez

So I'm playing Grisaia now for a few hours... I'm not really sure about the "deeper" meaning of the Story and until now Yuuji is not really sympathetic...

But their are some nice dialogues and Makina is reallyyyyy unique  :lol: ... 

just now i almost spit my drink out

Makina: "Simultaneous service? Amazin', Ama-nee! No wonder you're Japan's number-one ranked slut!"

Greez

Isn't she adorable?