New Ryukishi07 game "Iwaihime"

Down

A horror game named "Iwaihime". Art won't be drawn by Ryukishi himself this time. Some information was revealed at a Tora no Ana event, more information here.

0BQI3US.jpg

Considering the horror/denpa aspect of Higurashi was one of the best things about it, I think this could turn out to be interesting. Ryukishi might be more apt at writing horror than mystery.

Oh, this could potentially be amazing. Just surprised this got announced so soon, how about that other joint project? Trian Thology, was it?

I just hope the box art is close to the in-game art...

Same here, I really hope Ryukishi isn't drawing this time around. At least the site suggest that he isn't, so, yay for that!

This looks like something to look forward to! Not sure if the likelihood of it being less convoluted than Higurashi is good or bad, but as long as the story's good and the art is as beautiful as it seems right now, there hsould be no complaints from this guy :3

So is this the surprise he mentioned? Though my memory is vague on that expo video.

Ryukishi's skill in writing is definitely his manipulation of the atmosphere. While his mysteries are pretty cool and nicely add to WTC, I wouldn't be surprised if someone disliked them.

That said, I don't expect this to reach WTC level.

In terms of art, I like it a lot. I hope that it looks like the cover in-game, and I hope he doesn't resort to digitally altered photographs for backgrounds.

Oh, this could potentially be amazing. Just surprised this got announced so soon, how about that other joint project? Trian Thology, was it?

Same here, I really hope Ryukishi isn't drawing this time around. At least the site suggest that he isn't, so, yay for that!

>R07 thread

>vokoca is on it

Who would've thought?  :makina: 

Anyway, horror is always welcome. Especially if it can make you just want to fall into the madness.  :wahaha:

Trianthology is an 07th Expansion VN, this is a DMM VN. Scenario writers taking on multiple projects at once with different companies is fairly commonplace. 

I smell jealousy/love triangle plot. And by 'smell' I mean the text on the right side of one of the images says, esentially, 'Don't speak with or e-mail them (I'm using the genderless here because it's not clear if we're referring to a boy or girl here) in places where I'm not around' or... eugh that sound so awkward but without knowing context or even how he phrase begins that's the best I could hammer out. Anyway, sounds like jealousy.

I smell jealousy/love triangle plot. And by 'smell' I mean the text on the right side of one of the images says, esentially, 'Don't speak with or e-mail them (I'm using the genderless here because it's not clear if we're referring to a boy or girl here) in places where I'm not around' or... eugh that sound so awkward but without knowing context or even how he phrase begins that's the best I could hammer out. Anyway, sounds like jealousy.

Not sure I'd like one such game without his... characteristic style of drawing. So charming, major turn-off for me.

Now I won't get the pleasure of patching the original sprites away...

I wonder if it will be WTC-level though. I guess nobody knows yet.

Would anyone be so kind as to educate an ignoramus in regards as to what WTC pertains to?

It's a female speaking, so I guess the likely conclusion is she's talking to the guy about other girls. Also "when I'm not around."

That was my first instinct but for some reason when I was looking at it late last night trying to pummel my tired brain into translation mode I couldn't get past thinking that 'tokoro' could only be used when referencing locations.

World Trade Center When They Cry, the English name for the Higurashi / Umineko series

It's also kind of the Japanese name of the series. Although note that it's the name of the series, not the name for the individual games. Although anime fansubbers and Sentai (the official licensor) ruined that one for all time. Higurashi When They Cry is such an awful title localization. Yes I'm still mad.