What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

What Episode does hunter x hunter get interesting? I couldn't past the first episode because of boring art and character design, and a bland plot statement, "I want to be the very best ________ !" - said every shounen. 

Soon enough. But you've not seen much of anything yet. HxH is quite different from the other staple Shonen Jump titles.

Also Gon's goal is not to "be the best".

What Episode does hunter x hunter get interesting? I couldn't past the first episode because of boring art and character design, and a bland plot statement, "I want to be the very best ________ !" - said every shounen. 

I thought it was pretty good.

Just let it take over you. Soon, you'll just lose yourself to watching it.

Unless it really doesn't tickle your fancy.

Started watching Rose of Versailles a few days ago. The show can feel a bit cheesy at times probably because of how old it is but I am really enjoying the story and characters so far. I am curious as to how many of the events in the show are based off of real life events, but I don't want to look anything up and get spoiled.

I´m finally making some progress with Gintama. Next episode is gonna be the Yoshiwara in Flames arc, one of my favourites in the manga, so I´m really excited to see Gin vs. Housen in the anime version  ^_^

I just finished Nodame Cantabile. I wouldn't consider the romance a worthwhile trait of the anime, but it was still very memorable for its characters. I couldn't believe how much I could be immersed in music I had no interest in either, really good delivery on that end. Great character development too, I think this aspect is what the anime shines best for. Not a single dull moment either, I loved watching this. ^^

I've taken a great interest in the director for this series too, so I'll be checking out Honey and Clover in a little while. :)

I've taken a great interest in the director for this series too, so I'll be checking out Honey and Clover in a little while. :)

Go for it, Honey and Clover is great.

It has the same type of atmosphere as Nodame, although it's much more focused in romance and drama. Also like in Nodame, the characters feel like proper human beings.

It's a really beautiful story about human relationships and life. 

Yeah, I actually didn't know what to expect from the romance before I started it, which is the only reason I was kinda let down. But because of how well the anime handled the characters, I wouldn't say it had a large impact on my enjoyment.

I'm glad Honey and Clover will have more romance though, I've been kinda craving that lately.

While I loved Nodame Cantabile, I am much more neutral towards Honey and Clover. One contributor to that feeling was the art style - it just didn't click for me. The larger part was that I had difficulty understanding the motivations and emotions of the characters, and also couldn't foresee the arc of the plot in general. Between those two things, it was kind of like I was just along for the ride with no clue what was going to happen next. I can actually see that being a big draw for the show, to most people, but as a matter of personal taste, I guess I like to at least have a really solid handle on either the plot or the characters (or even both) - some predictability is a plus to me.

I'm currently rewatching Madoka. I was visiting my old roommate, who probably hasn't watched an anime since he moved out, and during downtime I got him started watching Madoka on Netflix, so now I have to finish it up myself. I'm appreciating a lot of things I didn't understand the first time through; it's a lot more painful (in a good way) the second time through, and was clearly made with an expectation of being watched a second time through. What a great show.

Started to watch more of Assassination classroom. I'm up to episode 4 so far.

I don't really have much to say about it so far, it's just good, fun entertainment.

Also started watching Shinmai Maou no Testament. I'm on episode 3.

About as good as I was expecting (not very), but I'll keep with it since I don't like dropping things.

While Honey and Clover has more romance, it also has a more floaty plot, it's definitely true that at times you're not sure where the show is headed and you can't comprehend some of the characters' motivations. 

I think that it definitely takes more patience to watch than Nodame Cantabile and it's much more of a hit or miss because of that, but I think that by the end you do understand the characters and grow fond of them, at least I did.

As for artstyle, I'm definitely not one to hate on it, I actually thought it was one of the strenghts of the show. I read some Josei manga so I'm used to this type of character proportions and Honey and Clover's designs are actually on the good side of the spectrum and pay attention to detail.

I'm not watching any anime currently, and I haven't watched any in months; I don't have the time anymore, sadly. My interests in VN have surpassed my interests in animation by a lot ever since I discovered Phoenix Wright and 999 a few years ago.

I give life a decade to see a Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire in Anime style, then I'll sacrifice my time~ It's wishful thinking, for sure.

But I doubt that the franchise is popular in Japan... I can't find any video but one GoT video that's dubbed in Jap on Youtube, I'm thinking the Japanese are not into live-action medieval drama.

Started to watch more of Assassination classroom. I'm up to episode 4 so far.

I don't really have much to say about it so far, it's just good, fun entertainment.

Also started watching Shinmai Maou no Testament. I'm on episode 3.

About as good as I was expecting (not very), but I'll keep with it since I don't like dropping things.

Karma best character. Just sayin'. Fucking troll. Love it. :P

Anyways, I've taken to Plastic Memories. I didn't come in with high expectations, or any at all for that matter, but I'm enjoying it. I've been binge watching for the past couple hours trying to catch up. It's pretty good.

Not sure how I'm gonna feel if Isla actually has to be retrieved. I mean, she's one of the main characters. Surely, there's gonna be some plot twist to where she's "special" and ends up not having to be retrieved due to heroine powers OF LOVE! ... Right? Right? I mean, that's usually how it goes...

Karma best character. Just sayin'. Fucking troll. Love it. :P

Anyways, I've taken to Plastic Memories. I didn't come in with high expectations, or any at all for that matter, but I'm enjoying it. I've been binge watching for the past couple hours trying to catch up. It's pretty good.

Not sure how I'm gonna feel if Isla actually has to be retrieved. I mean, she's one of the main characters. Surely, there's gonna be some plot twist to where she's "special" and ends up not having to be retrieved due to heroine powers OF LOVE! ... Right? Right? I mean, that's usually how it goes...

If it doesn't do that though, I will love the show for all eternity. 

and got into Hestia is Bestia.

Yes, yes she is. :sachi:  

Motto To Love-Ru is a lot better.