What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I'm going full support for those recommending Highschool DxD.

Not watching the show is like throwing away the king of ecchi shows.

It's great. Simply great. Issei is great. Every man should follow Issei's example.

Anyway, finished Kuroko no Basket S2, thanks to someone hyping me up for whatever's gonna happen in the next matches. I am not disappointed at the least. This is great. One of the few shows that can make me watch more than ten episodes at once.

Sorry 'Cheap DXD Knockoff' fans, I'm watching Shinmai Maou no Testament :sachi:

They're really pushing it with the ecchi.

Are you at least watching it uncensored :D if there even are other than the 2 first episodes uncensored

Wrapping up episode 11 off Shingeki no Bahamut presently, after stalling on it for a couple of months.

Don't know how I feel about it exactly since I left a huge gap in between my viewings of it, but I do know it was decently fun and pretty for the generic story and setting.

Hanasaku Iroha, ep. 7.

After watching, well, a lot Anime, I´ve become somewhat picky. Shows that gave you a blast back then (like your first ecchi, To love-ru), would be now considered as just meh, or even worse. You keep on watching anyway, awaiting that one pearl out of a dozen that makes you feel like saying "Yes, that´s it!". And Hanasaku Iroha is one of them. The first two episodes leaved me with a bitter aftertaste though. That harsh working-environment, those abusive superiors remembered me too much of my own little story, so I´m glad things lightened up a bit. Ohana is a great lead. Gonna watch the rest now.

I fully agree with this one. Momo's probably my favorite character in the show.

Anyway, finished Akame Ga Kill.

Everything was going so well, up to Mine vs. Seryu. I knew something was wrong though when Su and the others charged into the church already. Borick died a boring death lol. Too bad. Anyway, after that, it really felt rushed. Too bad for Shura, honestly. He made an incident because of the rare Danger Beasts then he dies the moment he's put into action against Night Raid. I also wanted to see Cosmina and the alchemist loli Wild Hunt, but I guess it wasn't possible. The ending wasn't that bad. I'm wondering if that big thing at the end really is the most powerful Teigu in the manga as well. I really wonder about that. Tatsumi's Incursio evolution seemed rather lackluster, really. I like how he evolved against Esdeath in the manga. But eh. I don't know. The evolution was really nice though. I also liked how he and Wave worked together. I like that guy. I'm hoping he doesn't die in the manga as well. That guy was just put into the wrong team. Also, Leone, that was an unexpected death. You died killing the Prime Minister, huh. Wow. I just... That's really... I dunno. I'm wondering if Akame's trump card is going to be the same in the manga as well. As for Esdeath, well, wasn't the time and space freeze not her actual trump card? She has something more powerful. Too bad it wasn't shown there.

The best thing about the show was Chelsea, Mine, and Kurome.

S8c37NC.jpg

Oh, also, special mention to Run. You lucky guy. You didn't die here. :makina:

Started watching Log Horizon and Kuroko no Basuke.

Log Horizon's starting out good. I finally get why people kept on posting 'DATABASE DATABASE WOW WOW'. Holy shit that song's catchy. I still can't get it out of my mind. The show makes me want to play online games again. Too bad the internet here's superbly sub-par. If it was not, I'd probably play. Fucking Filipino internet.

Anyway, Akatsuki's super adorable. Holy shit. It must be a sin to be this cute. And she's in college? God, she's cute.

wBoToG4.png

yf8NymP.jpg

Log Horizon is definitely worth watching. And you will be pleased to know that the second season still has Database as it's OP.

I have watched the first season and was gonna watch the second season but then it got delayed. Well now that you have reminded me about it I might as well get to finishing it.

As for Akame ga Kill, it was good not great but definitely enjoyable. I haven't read the manga so don't know how much the adaptation screwed up but it surely was rushed in the later parts. Yeah and that Incursio evolution was pretty lackluster.

And for the best girl -

Akame > Mine > Esdeath

Finished Death Parade my thoughts:

1) One of the best openings

2) Some of the best character progression I have seen fucking ever

3) That ending was legit af

I broke out dancing when they played the OST at the end, I was in awe, I shed tears, I said wtf, I loved, I want to know more. Death Parade so fucking good.

Not like I spam repeat "Flyers" enough as it is, thanks Death Parade.

Akame > Mine > Esdeath

Ooookay you just had to get that wrong.

It's Mine > Akame > Esdeath.

Anyway, now on Episode 21 of Log Horizon.

Holy god. Lenessia looks great in Valkyrie Armor. I'm interested in Crusty, and why he seems so eager to fight monsters. The clash between his out-of-battle character and his in-battle character is interesting. It also leaves Lenessia wondering about it. Also, I don't know why, but I'm very much affected by whatever Rundel Haus Code was experiencing. I don't know. It just flowed right out of me.

I'm hoping to see more Akatsuki after this.

Ooookay you just had to get that wrong.

It's Mine > Akame > Esdeath.

Anyway, now on Episode 21 of Log Horizon.

Holy god. Lenessia looks great in Valkyrie Armor. I'm interested in Crusty, and why he seems so eager to fight monsters. The clash between his out-of-battle character and his in-battle character is interesting. It also leaves Lenessia wondering about it. Also, I don't know why, but I'm very much affected by whatever Rundel Haus Code was experiencing. I don't know. It just flowed right out of me.

I'm hoping to see more Akatsuki after this.

And then season 2 comes and kicks you in the chin.

Thanks Based Studio Deen.

Finished Shinmai blah blah Testament

I just realized I have a huge distaste for harem. Really fond of ecchi, but harem nope nada pls. Monogamy too stronk.

Basara had that ermm... moment with Mio at the end at least so all is well~

Side comment: Mio's death glare is hawt

7CA3kll.jpg

~~

In the mood for some medievaly magicky adventurey settings so I'm going Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu next

I really like the new blacksmith in Danmachi. I agree with his philosophy on strength and equipment and that he doesn't betray his beliefs for profit. He gives off a really friendly vibe too, which is good for character chemistry within the party. And we finally have another male character to offset the gender in-balance! :D

Edit: Oops, meant to post this in the Spring anime discussion. Let's just pretend I posted it there for the time being. :wafuu:

Finished Shinmai blah blah Testament

I just realized I have a huge distaste for harem. Really fond of ecchi, but harem nope nada pls. Monogamy too stronk.

Basara had that ermm... moment with Mio at the end at least so all is well~

Side comment: Mio's death glare is hawt

7CA3kll.jpg

~~

In the mood for some medievaly magicky adventurey settings so I'm going Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu next

All the problems with harems are pretty much solved for me in DxD, where all the girls actively acknowledge that they are in Issei's harem, and that they want to be there.  So instead of the usual irritating cat fights and tropes, you get a fresh spin where every character is actively working together, rather than against each other (most of the time) for Issei's affection.  

Another recommendation for the medieval fantasy genre would be Shingeki no Bahamutt - Genesis. Based on how you treated some of the other shows, this one is almost certainly straight up your alley.  I'm also currently reading the light novel of Kara Kyou Maou, and enjoying it immensely, so you could also check it out. Also, really? MAL lists it as shoujo? I really couldn't give a shit at this point, its hilarious and fresh.  Check one off on the shoujo genre.

I finished season 1 of To Love-Ru.  Frankly it was terrible aside from Yami and Kyouko.  BUT I'LL TRY, OH LORD I'LL TRY!  TO CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY ON!!!!!!!

Momo is very much worth the effort.

Congratulations and carry on, soldier.

:(

Wrapping up season 1 of Ace of Diamond. Not exactly a big fan of the series. Had some really good moments, but it just felt like it went on and on. Not going to jump into season 2 anytime soon.

Also started rewatching Black Lagoon for some reason. On episode 11. Helped me remember why Revy is one of my favorite characters in anime. Nihilistic, murderous waifus are the best waifus.

Watched episode 1 of Assassination Classroom as well and watched another couple of episodes of Parasyte.