What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

just noticed something... won't there be any VN adaptation in summer? Fall there's utawaresomething and in spring there was Fate. But summer... nothing????

This is a good thing. Most VN adaptations are pretty bad due to them trying to fit everything in a 12 episode show. I mean, they basically broke Grisaia by trying to fit 50 hours and merge all the routes into one story that was 4 hours long.  

Utawaremono might slip past because it's a Gameplay RPG, meaning that all the grinding and actual gametime is cut out, leaving maybe 6 hours of text.  

This is a good thing. Most VN adaptations are pretty bad due to them trying to fit everything in a 12 episode show. I mean, they basically broke Grisaia by trying to fit 50 hours and merge all the routes into one story that was 4 hours long.  

Utawaremono might slip past because it's a Gameplay RPG, meaning that all the grinding and actual gametime is cut out, leaving maybe 6 hours of text.  

Good thing... Maybe for you, but VN adaptations increase the market, ya know?

But is increasing the market with crap good?

If you fill a pack of chips with air, sure it'll be big, but at the same time it's half empty inside so it's not really that fun when you open and eat it.

The next VN adaptation I believe is Ao no Kanata no Fourh Rhythm which is an awesome VN by Sprite and will probably be butchered in the anime.

Though I don't know when it'll air.

But is increasing the market with crap good?

If you fill a pack of chips with air, sure it'll be big, but at the same time it's half empty inside so it's not really that fun when you open and eat it.

The next VN adaptation I believe is Ao no Kanata no Fourh Rhythm which is an awesome VN by Sprite and will probably be butchered in the anime.

Though I don't know when it'll air.

I know this one, but it's not in summer. And it's not like this, people will see the crap and start thinking: "How would the non-crap version of this be? I'll buy it to see." Then, more VNs bought, also increasing chances for sequels and fandiscs.

OMG this is terrible. I'm on episode 4. How is this rated so high, I don't understand.

I wouldn't call it terrible, just average/good. I think the world terrible should be used for anime that fail on pretty much every level. Though if you really think that anime is failing really hard on everything, I guess I can't stop you from calling it terrible.

Your lie in April is okay, the drama is childish and the plot is reallyyyyyyy predictable, but it's not a train wreck, just very straightforward with what it's trying to accomplish and doesn't really go down a very original path. But that ultimately doesn't make it bad, just something like a quick digestion anime where you can watch it, have some fun, then move on.

Another problem I had with it was the music was such a secondary theme, it barely let me get enveloped in the songs most of the time except for a few exceptions whereas Nodame really brings out the best music has to offer.

I think Your Lie In April was very much inspired by Nodame, but it's much more watered down.

I wouldn't call it terrible, just average/good. I think the world terrible should be used for anime that fail on pretty much every level. Though if you really think that anime is failing really hard on everything, I guess I can't stop you from calling it terrible.

Your lie in April is okay, the drama is childish and the plot is reallyyyyyyy predictable, but it's not a train wreck, just very straightforward with what it's trying to accomplish and doesn't really go down a very original path. But that ultimately doesn't make it bad, just something like a quick digestion anime where you can watch it, have some fun, then move on.

Another problem I had with it was the music was such a secondary theme, it barely let me get enveloped in the songs most of the time except for a few exceptions whereas Nodame really brings out the best music has to offer.

I think Your Lie In April was very much inspired by Nodame, but it's much more watered down.

You know how I react to things.

When I say terrible I mean like 6. 

I see now.   Yes it all makes sense.

Music is Kimi no Uso as card games are to Selector Infected. 

It's there as a plot device......and that's about it.  Nothing else is ever explained or described in any way whatsoever, so I hope you didn't come in expecting it. 

Pretty much, it's never really the focus, though there were some memorable performances, not gonna lie, but there's not much backstory to it.

More like, the characters solve some personal issues and then the anime shows how they've moved on by having them play some random song really well.

Essentially speaking, it's a character driven show, so you better like the characters, otherwise you're going to have a bad time.

Thankfully I thought, for the most part, they weren't too annoying, but they were needlessly acting like children sometimes and that got on my nerves at points, but the overall experience wasn't a bad one.

Pretty much, it's never really the focus, though there were some memorable performances, not gonna lie, but there's not much backstory to it.

More like, the characters solve some personal issues and then the anime shows how they've moved on by having them play some random song really well.

Essentially speaking, it's a character driven show, so you better like the characters, otherwise you're going to have a bad time.

Thankfully I thought, for the most part, they weren't too annoying, but they were needlessly acting like children sometimes and that got on my nerves at points, but the overall experience wasn't a bad one.

But I don't like the characters....