What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

You know what's sad.  You know what's really, really sad.

You make a comedy anime, you do a spin-off episode with no characters from the show for no reason what-so-ever, and that spin-off episode is 10 times funnier than the previous 19 episodes of your show. 

That, ladies and gentleman, is To Love-Ru.  I swear if it wasn't for the Black Cat references I'd have dropped this so long ago.

All hail Girl of Blaze Magical Kyoko ~Flame~

to_love_ru_wallpaper_10_by_lucasgi-d6gyb

You know what's sad.  You know what's really, really sad.

You make a comedy anime, you do a spin-off episode with no characters from the show for no reason what-so-ever, and that spin-off episode is 10 times funnier than the previous 19 episodes of your show. 

That, ladies and gentleman, is To Love-Ru.  I swear if it wasn't for the Black Cat references I'd have dropped this so long ago.

All hail Girl of Blaze Magical Kyoko ~Flame~

to_love_ru_wallpaper_10_by_lucasgi-d6gyb

If you're watching to love ru for plot you're watching it for the wrong reasons

No plot is fine if comedy is good, but if comedy is bad you've got nothing.  I don't want humor, I just want to get to Darkness ASAP.

To be honest the whole series was rather meh to me but im not really into harem anime much

To be honest the whole series was rather meh to me but im not really into harem anime much

To me  the first season is the epitome of "how not to do one" but like I said I'm trudging through it because it seems Darkness is actually good and has a plot and I want more Golden Darkness time. 

Wait till Momo shows up. She's the element that brings synergy to the rest of the cast and makes the harem aspects funner.

I fully agree with this one. Momo's probably my favorite character in the show.

Anyway, finished Akame Ga Kill.

Everything was going so well, up to Mine vs. Seryu. I knew something was wrong though when Su and the others charged into the church already. Borick died a boring death lol. Too bad. Anyway, after that, it really felt rushed. Too bad for Shura, honestly. He made an incident because of the rare Danger Beasts then he dies the moment he's put into action against Night Raid. I also wanted to see Cosmina and the alchemist loli Wild Hunt, but I guess it wasn't possible. The ending wasn't that bad. I'm wondering if that big thing at the end really is the most powerful Teigu in the manga as well. I really wonder about that. Tatsumi's Incursio evolution seemed rather lackluster, really. I like how he evolved against Esdeath in the manga. But eh. I don't know. The evolution was really nice though. I also liked how he and Wave worked together. I like that guy. I'm hoping he doesn't die in the manga as well. That guy was just put into the wrong team. Also, Leone, that was an unexpected death. You died killing the Prime Minister, huh. Wow. I just... That's really... I dunno. I'm wondering if Akame's trump card is going to be the same in the manga as well. As for Esdeath, well, wasn't the time and space freeze not her actual trump card? She has something more powerful. Too bad it wasn't shown there.

The best thing about the show was Chelsea, Mine, and Kurome.

S8c37NC.jpg

Oh, also, special mention to Run. You lucky guy. You didn't die here. :makina:

Started watching Log Horizon and Kuroko no Basuke.

Log Horizon's starting out good. I finally get why people kept on posting 'DATABASE DATABASE WOW WOW'. Holy shit that song's catchy. I still can't get it out of my mind. The show makes me want to play online games again. Too bad the internet here's superbly sub-par. If it was not, I'd probably play. Fucking Filipino internet.

Anyway, Akatsuki's super adorable. Holy shit. It must be a sin to be this cute. And she's in college? God, she's cute.

wBoToG4.png

yf8NymP.jpg

Kuroko no Basuke's really nice. It's fun to watch. I watched 13 episodes straight last night, up to the point where Shotoku lost against Seirin. I'm betting on Seirin losing to Aomine's school. Since, well, wouldn't it be boring if they didn't lose? And besides, it's not gonna be a tournament type championship anymore, right? I wouldn't know. I stopped myself from watching any more episodes last night. I really like how Coach-chan can analyze one's capabilities through their body. Must be really nice viewing bodies just because you can.

I'm currently catching up on Durarara X2 although my progress has been halted for the most part until lately. Damn did I miss Shizaya~ I'm not into boy love but the tongue-in-cheek near-canon-shipping is so funny when interlaced with the other elements presented by the show. Once I catch up in it, I'll be going through Welcome to the N.H.K.

The manga was terrific (although majorly depressing), so my anticipation is high

I fully agree with this one. Momo's probably my favorite character in the show.

Anyway, finished Akame Ga Kill.

Everything was going so well, up to Mine vs. Seryu. I knew something was wrong though when Su and the others charged into the church already. Borick died a boring death lol. Too bad. Anyway, after that, it really felt rushed. Too bad for Shura, honestly. He made an incident because of the rare Danger Beasts then he dies the moment he's put into action against Night Raid. I also wanted to see Cosmina and the alchemist loli Wild Hunt, but I guess it wasn't possible. The ending wasn't that bad. I'm wondering if that big thing at the end really is the most powerful Teigu in the manga as well. I really wonder about that. Tatsumi's Incursio evolution seemed rather lackluster, really. I like how he evolved against Esdeath in the manga. But eh. I don't know. The evolution was really nice though. I also liked how he and Wave worked together. I like that guy. I'm hoping he doesn't die in the manga as well. That guy was just put into the wrong team. Also, Leone, that was an unexpected death. You died killing the Prime Minister, huh. Wow. I just... That's really... I dunno. I'm wondering if Akame's trump card is going to be the same in the manga as well. As for Esdeath, well, wasn't the time and space freeze not her actual trump card? She has something more powerful. Too bad it wasn't shown there.

The best thing about the show was Chelsea, Mine, and Kurome.

S8c37NC.jpg

Oh, also, special mention to Run. You lucky guy. You didn't die here. :makina:

Started watching Log Horizon and Kuroko no Basuke.

Log Horizon's starting out good. I finally get why people kept on posting 'DATABASE DATABASE WOW WOW'. Holy shit that song's catchy. I still can't get it out of my mind. The show makes me want to play online games again. Too bad the internet here's superbly sub-par. If it was not, I'd probably play. Fucking Filipino internet.

Anyway, Akatsuki's super adorable. Holy shit. It must be a sin to be this cute. And she's in college? God, she's cute.

wBoToG4.png

yf8NymP.jpg

Kuroko no Basuke's really nice. It's fun to watch. I watched 13 episodes straight last night, up to the point where Shotoku lost against Seirin. I'm betting on Seirin losing to Aomine's school. Since, well, wouldn't it be boring if they didn't lose? And besides, it's not gonna be a tournament type championship anymore, right? I wouldn't know. I stopped myself from watching any more episodes last night. I really like how Coach-chan can analyze one's capabilities through their body. Must be really nice viewing bodies just because you can.

Silly, Esdeath obviously best grill:

akame_ga_kill__esdeath_yandere_by_afterp

I'm currently catching up on Durarara X2 although my progress has been halted for the most part until lately. Damn did I miss Shizaya~ I'm not into boy love but the tongue-in-cheek near-canon-shipping is so funny when interlaced with the other elements presented by the show. Once I catch up in it, I'll be going through Welcome to the N.H.K.

The manga was terrific (although majorly depressing), so my anticipation is high

Unfortunately the second half of season 2 has really dragged so far (I have one ep left since I'm watching dub).  The first half was as good as the first season but after that it just seemed to go downhill.  And Izaya is never around which is terrible. 

Finished Absolute Duo.

Too many power spikes towards the end, but the show was decent and fun.

~~

???

I would watch Shinmai no Testament next, but I fear I will exhaust my harem/ecchi enjoyment thresholds if I go back to back.

Someone told me to try Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu since it was 'similar to Zero no Tsukaima'; might check that out.

Rewatching Yuyushiki

I remember watching this a few years back and not having much of an impression of it, probably because at the time slice of life wasn't really my thing and on top of that gag comedy was hard to understand.

But now the show is a lot more charming, the characters feel more vivid and i find their antics 10 times more entertaining than i did back when I first watched it.

I am quite pleased with these results.

I haven't really watched more than an episode at a time, and that only once a week or so, for about the last month. Today I had a lot of time on my hands and was uncertain what to do with it, though, so I ended up starting up Love Live!. I was 100% sold after about 10 seconds of the opening animation. I binge-watched the first nine episodes, and I plan to finish the last four of season 1 tomorrow morning before I leave for vacation.

This easily surpasses Gargantia as the best thing I've watched since Wagnaria!, and I'm thinking I like it even more than that rather high bar. 10/10, and definitely going to rewatch it at some point just so I can see and marvel at more of what's going on in the big choreographed sequences. The opening video still entrances me every time...

Silly, Esdeath obviously best grill

Mine >>>>>> Esdeath, obviously.

Anyway, finished Kuroko no Basket S1. Started S2 already.

Someone help me stop watching.

Still watching the last leg of Kirisaki Dai Ichi vs. Seirin. This match is a pain in the ass to watch. I hate matches like this. It's very much irritating. Though I can't deny that Kirisaki Dai Ichi's captain has skill. The show makes me want to play basketball, honestly. QT MOMOI BEST

It was worth watching Kuroko no Basket.

Also, advancing in Log Horizon. Am now on Episode 16.

It must be a sin to be Akatsuki. She's too cute. Lenessia is also a qt.

I haven't really watched more than an episode at a time, and that only once a week or so, for about the last month. Today I had a lot of time on my hands and was uncertain what to do with it, though, so I ended up starting up Love Live!. I was 100% sold after about 10 seconds of the opening animation. I binge-watched the first nine episodes, and I plan to finish the last four of season 1 tomorrow morning before I leave for vacation.

Love Live is 10/10 worthy?

Wow. I guess I should try it soon.

Love Live is 10/10 worthy?

Wow. I guess I should try it soon.

Wellll... ratings are always personal, but that one feels like an especially personal 10/10. I'm certain it's "meh" to a lot of people, so maybe don't set your expectations too high. But, for me, it was amazing. I wrapped it up this morning. A minor grievance:

The little setback in episodes 12-13 was kind of annoying, to tell the truth. I wasn't looking for feels here, and they weren't delivered well anyway. What can you do, though.

I'm most definitely looking forward to season 2.

Wellll... ratings are always personal, but that one feels like an especially personal 10/10. I'm certain it's "meh" to a lot of people, so maybe don't set your expectations too high. But, for me, it was amazing. I wrapped it up this morning. A minor grievance:

The little setback in episodes 12-13 was kind of annoying, to tell the truth. I wasn't looking for feels here, and they weren't delivered well anyway. What can you do, though.

Season 2 fixes most of the issues season 1 had, if you loved season 1 you'll most certainly appreciate season 2. Especially if you watch it for the yuri ships.

Try having that but not knowing there's a 2nd season coming.

Sorry 'Cheap DXD Knockoff' fans, I'm watching Shinmai Maou no Testament :sachi:

They're really pushing it with the ecchi.

You're digging yourself a grave here.

"Pushing it" with the ecchi is putting it lightly. The whole show is based around ecchi, but it does this very awkwardly, with Mio constantly needing Basara to fondle her and have air sex with her the scenes are usually cringey, that's why it's called a cheap knockoff, because something like Highschool DxD pulls similar scenes but 100 times better and without all the awkwardness, Shinmai Maou or Dakara Bokua ha H ga Dekinai were series made after Highschool DxD with the intent of capitalizing on the DxD hype and they pretty much follow the same formula but with worse characters and poorly constructed universes with average ecchi.

To be fair I actually liked Mio in Shinmai Maou, she's cute, but the story itself is really poorly constructed and the anime just made the ecchi scenes cringey, they were better in light novel form really.

Once you're done with Shinmai Maou I advise you to watch DxD so you can get a glimpse of how ecchi can be done right.

Also don't expect any meaningful resolution to happen in Shinmai Maou, seriously, nothing will happen.

Sorry 'Cheap DXD Knockoff' fans, I'm watching Shinmai Maou no Testament :sachi:

They're really pushing it with the ecchi.

There is a reason I recommended DxD as 

• Highschool DxD - The magnum opis of harem ecchi rom-com's currently animated.  I'm of the belief that you can't watch a genre without seeing the best it can offer.

in Tay's "I need a sensei." thread.  It's because it takes the ecchi to the max, far more than any other show out there, and still manages to do it with a pleasant and enjoyable tone.  As much as you think Shinmai Maou has ecchi, DxD has more, and does it better. The only cringing I did was initially when Issei screamed "I'm going to make a harem!".   This was before I realized this series blatantly knows what it's doing, and rolls with its tits quite literally hanging out.

watched the two seasons of black lagoon, I liked it a lot. When it wasn't all action it was actually really really good, I'm going to watch jormungand now.

Favorite moments:

When the girl with the chainsaw lost her thing to talk (Ghost was her name i think) and just stopped fighting and started to cry, that scene was amazing.

And when that guy gets shoot by revy xD and then helps the chinese girl and ghost, that was pretty funny and at the same time moving.