What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Eh i watched the tv series first so the movies weren't a huge deal for me since the story's the same.

Imo it's all a matter of preference.

Movie has higher quality but the story is more crammed, but that also means they only focus on the essential parts.

Tv series has a more spread out story so they can address everything although there's a lot of fluff too, imo the quality is still good because Based Shaft and Based Aoki Ume.

Either way you'll end up watching the 3rd movie.

Eh i watched the tv series first so the movies weren't a huge deal for me since the story's the same.

Imo it's all a matter of preference.

Movie has higher quality but the story is more crammed, but that also means they only focus on the essential parts.

Tv series has a more spread out story so they can address everything although there's a lot of fluff too, imo the quality is still good because Based Shaft and Based Aoki Ume.

Either way you'll end up watching the 3rd movie.

How good are they though? I'm intrigued enough as is to give the movies a shot, or maybe the TV series but I don't think I'd have the time.

You should watch the tv series before the movie .___.

If I can remember correctly, the movies have the same effective run time as the anime.  Personally I watched the anime when it was out, skipped the two movies and watched the third before eventually coming back to the first two. 

I always endorse going with source material due to what I like to call "purity of information".  The source material is what the author originally envisioned at the time, and thus less outside influence.  This is also why I prefer sub, but that's another argument which comes down to personal preference.

Either way, Madoka was definitely the anime that finally made me get off my ass and start building my anime OST that I had been planning.  Ohhhh is the OST good,  it's the first time I truly felt the music wasn't just background noise or meant as an adrenaline booster, but rather added to the ambiance of the show.  

Watching:

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso,

Nanatsu no Taizai

Gintama

KAtekyo Hitman Reborn

Nodame Cantabile.

Rewatching:

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

D-Frag

Fate/Zero

Hunter X Hunter

Evryone should watch Shigatsu even if you don't like drama u'll like the music

Watched all of Golden Time over the course of a day. Likable characters with some nuance to them. The "amnesia ghost" stuff is played out a little too straight by the end of it, but I really enjoyed the show.

I've to agree with you to the fullest. I enjoyed the show also a lot and I LOVE Kouko ;) ... But I also think that whole amnesia thing is a bit "strange" and the ending was quite confusing. Anywy, Kouko :heart: made me endure all of it.

I've watched Spice & Wolf S1 & 2 ... I liked S2 more. I just "understood" more of the whole thing and also the relationship seems more understandable. I'm a bit dissapointed by the end (but I liked it somehow) because the whole going back to the northern hometown felt a bit pointless. In the end I enjoyed it but it wasn't something extraordinary. Season 1: 7 / 10 , Season 2: 8 / 10

So and now I'm watching Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru ... And I've to confess that I like such simple Romcoms a lot. For me that one is really funny and also interesting. I'm already et EP 7 and looking forward to the rest.

Agreed, her character pretty much made the show for me.

I was pretty fine with the "other self" angle at first because I just thought of it as a narrative device to tell you about his past and establish Banri as two separate characters, but the ending kind of took it too far. 

Well, Madoka will be the first thing on my MAL that gets a 10 'cos I simply enjoyed it THAT much xD

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who liked Madoka out of all of them DX

Glad you enjoyed Madoka though :3

the ending for the third movie left me depressed for days....I watched it in theatres so once it ended, I was still in my seat for a good five minutes with the biggest shock on my face, my god....

the ending for the third movie left me depressed for days....I watched it in theatres so once it ended, I was still in my seat for a good five minutes with the biggest shock on my face, my god....

What!? Why would that make you depressed? 

Homura usurped Madoka's powers and basically became a god with her.  Homura's ultimate selfishness came true and as a result, Madoka got a partner to spend her time with.  It's far better than Madoka sitting alone for all eternity with mere copies of her friends.  Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, now witches don't just cease to exist anymore, but actually die properly.

What made you depressed about it xD

I thought it was fking brilliant. 

At first I thought it was going to be a complete downer ending with Homura completely destroying the universe (that was a lengthy explosion sequence >.>) but yay we get another rewrite and in the end all of Homura's talks of being evil and selfish and Madoka one day becoming her ultimate enemy is simply her wanting to just give Madoka a normal life (which Madoka constantly confirms throughout the series pre-magical girl) instead of leaving her to her fated becoming a god & symbol of hope / salvation for all magical girls (and consequently being forever alone and forgotten by everyone)

Still overall questionable; totally wouldn't have minded if Homura just accepted Madoka in the end instead of 'pulling a 180'; Madoka's system was working fine and she herself seemed to have no qualms about her role, but nope, Homura's 'love' too stronk. You're living a normal life Madoka and I don't care if I'm the devil for that  ;)

I swear the things Homura does for Madoka is so... idk WONDERFUL xD I can see why she has 7500 favorites on MAL

Madoka's probably one of my all time favorites as well right now :P

I love all characters (except Hitomi, like wtf) but

Best girl: Homura. Self explanatory. The things this girl goes through make for one hell of story
Favorite girl: Mami. Didn't get much spotlight but I thoroughly enjoyed her time as the 'veteran mentor' of the group.

Madoka's probably one of my all time favorites as well right now :P

I love all characters, but

Best girl: Homura. Self explanatory. The things this girl goes through make for one hell of story

Favorite girl: Mami. Didn't get much spotlight but I thoroughly enjoyed her time as the veteran mentor

Mami's theme is awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMf1CSAZYc