What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

HMN, on 20 Feb 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:HMN, on 20 Feb 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

not good? try atrocious  -_-

Not sure why the ending gets soo much crap or why it was such a surprise.

Well I just finished Marthoning Erin, I asbolutely loved it I just wished there were 40% less flashbacks I lost count of the number of times I've seen her mom die.

Finished Guilty Crown. 

Felt pretty lackluster overall. Characters.. plot..action.. everything was just 'decent'

~~

Can anybody recommend any anime similar to Nagi no Asukara (lots & lots of character interactions, drama, love triangles, beautiful visuals/ost)

It's no where near as amazing, but Ano Natsu de Matteru has a cast of 5 characters that don't function as the normal "they like each other" anime.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru

I liked it a lot, just not as much as Nagi no Asukara, so I'd recommend it.

Second Ano Natsu de Matteru

Hachimitsu to Clover (Not for everyone, a more mature approach to romance and character relationships, lots of characters, really dramatic, beautiful visuals, definitely not your typical highschool love comedy, be prepared)

Kimi ni Todoke (Drama? Love triangles? Beautiful Visuals? It's all in here)

Toradora (I guess this one doesn't have lots and lots of characters but the character interactions are great and the romance is great too)

Itazura na Kiss (I can't vouch for visuals, but the story and character interactions are on a whole new level here, definitely one of the greater romances out there)

More low level stuff:

Mashiroiro Symphony (An actual pretty good visual novel adaptation with a nice ending)

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (Same as the above)

Shuffle! (I actually really liked the anime adaptation, except for the girl who won)

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (Less drama but tons of characters, gets even better later on, though the manga was better since it continued so I suggest you read it instead)

Possibly Shakugan no Shana..? (That season 3 though)

And anything by Key

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi is on the same level as Mashiroiro Symphony imo.

It's just that the former is more light hearted and less dramatic per se, it doesn't really go too over the top with anything, but i liked its simplicity and I definitely liked its visuals, it's a safe show to watch if all you want is a conclusive romance without thinking too much about it

As far as romance and the way things develop, I think they both do a decent job so I always pair them together when recommending this kind of show.

Yeah I'm unsure wether or not I should recommend Shakugan no Shana, it's just such a hit or miss, especially given that every season is 2 cour so if you hate it it's even more of a drag.

But I can't deny the character interactions in Shana aren't bad and the story as a whole, the romance in particular, did evolve and conclude.

But that season 3 really downgraded everything with its ridiculous climax.

So yeah, take your luck.

Mashiroiro Symphony...

spoils

Am I the only one that didn't see the chosen girl coming in the anime? I loved how the anime seemed to go by the point of view of the Red hair girl by the end, and then the MC chooses someone else. Maybe it's just how I perceived it, but regardless, it impressed me and left a lasting impression on me

I enjoyed it a lot~

The anime really made me want to play the VN, since I wasn't too satisfied with the ending of the anime.

Nevertheless the anime adaptation was still pretty good and got me hooked till the end.

Can anybody recommend any anime similar to Nagi no Asukara (lots & lots of character interactions, drama, love triangles, beautiful visuals/ost)

I haven't seen Nagi no Asukara, but from the description of what you're looking for, the show that pops into my head is Ef: A Tale of Memories (and the second half, "Melodies" as well, I guess, though I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as "Memories").

I think most of (what I've seen of) Nosebleed's list is good stuff as well, and I'll second Kimi ni Todoke especially (like he said: it nails everything you asked for, including really unique and gorgeous visuals), and also Toradora! (mostly for so much character interaction / drama, and in general fantastic characters; Ami is best girl). However...

Shuffle! (I actually really liked the anime adaptation, except for the girl who won)

On this particular one from the second list, Nosebleed and I have opposite taste. I loathed Shuffle!, but "the girl who won" was the only reason I kept on watching it until the bitter end (though by that time the writing had managed to make me even hate her).

same goes by me, i absolutely wanted asa to win against the other gods and devils and whatever there else was lurking around. she felt the most natural to me and didnt behave like some over the top groupie. second was yandere chan, also quite cute

All I really wanted from Shuffle! was for Rin to die in a fire, and then for everybody else in the show to suddenly come to their senses and realize that he was a zero-personality zombie to whom they somehow attributed positive qualities (or, really, any qualities at all).

I should note that this feeling was probably, in part, due to my watching the dub, where he was played by Jerry Jewell, who should never, ever be employed as a voice actor, and especially not for a main character.

Just finished watching The Tale of Princess Kaguya with my entire family. It was probably the best animated movie I've ever seen. The whole experience deeply resonated with me, and the themes aligned with a lot of my personal values. My parents were actually very deeply moved by this film, as well. 11/10 movie.

Just finished watching The Tale of Princess Kaguya with my entire family. It was probably the best animated movie I've ever seen. The whole experience deeply resonated with me, and the themes aligned with a lot of my personal values. My parents were actually very deeply moved by this film, as well. 11/10 movie.

Thanks! I'm a bit behind on Ghibli movies, having not gotten around to watching The Wind Rises yet, so I hadn't picked this up yet, but a ridiculously positive review like that pushed me over the edge to order it from Amazon :)

I don't think I've ever seen a Ghibli movie o.O at least not a recent one.

I think my favorite movie recently was Patema Inverted :heart:

Patema inverted was really creative. I enjoyed it.

Have you seen colourful? I saw that recently and I found it to be an excellent movie. One of my favorites.

Well, it doesn't make a diffeerence. The first two movies are recaps that cover nearly everything cept 1 section of Mami's backstory (from what I can remember). The movies have better animation, artwork, and best of all, fucking amazing voice acting. I can't stress how much the already good voice acting got better.