What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Mami's theme is awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMf1CSAZYc

I will despise that video for getting the name of the song wrong in the title. It's Credens Justitiam.  They don't even mention it in the description, nor do they give any credit to the composer.  Third rate ripoff at best.  For anyone interested, the actual album is this one.

Mami's theme is awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMf1CSAZYc

Damn, I'd forgotten how great the Madoka soundtrack is until you linked that. I must have it.

Regarding Spice and Wolf mentioned above: yeah, I liked season 2 better than season 1 as well, particularly the first half of season 2. The two seasons collectively cover 4 of the light novels, of which there are... (checking wikipedia...) 17, apparently. Anyway, 13 of them are out in translation now, and they've been releasing a new one every few months; I have a nice little stack of finished ones and a nice little stack of not started ones, waiting for me when I'm ready for some more feels. I highly recommend them, if you enjoyed the show!

So many people talking about Golden Time. I'd been on the fence about watching this one because of mixed reviews, but you guys are so positive about it that I'm thinking I should just go for it.

Just finished watching episode 10 of Non Non Biyori (first sunrise of the year). It made my heart ache. So. Cute. I always knew Candy Store had it in her to be best girl.

Regarding Spice and Wolf mentioned above: yeah, I liked season 2 better than season 1 as well, particularly the first half of season 2. The two seasons collectively cover 4 of the light novels, of which there are... (checking wikipedia...) 17, apparently. Anyway, 13 of them are out in translation now, and they've been releasing a new one every few months; I have a nice little stack of finished ones and a nice little stack of not started ones, waiting for me when I'm ready for some more feels. I highly recommend them, if you enjoyed the show!

My research into spice in Wolf led me to the conclusion that they rushed the show just so that they could advance the relationship with Holo.  I couldn't look at the show the same ever again.  And seriously? 13 have been released in English?  I was always under the impression that the companies who pick these up stall the translations for far too long.  I mean, Index was licensed in April of last year and we only just got the second book tomorrow;  SAO was licensed 17 months ago and we only have 3 volumes.  The only series I can claim that doesn't follow this trend would be Haruhi which is all caught up.

Finished Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot. It was funny, i liked the characters the "plot" and also the ending. Gave it a 8 / 10 ...

You may think "WTF?! Why you give that show an 8, Golden Time a 9 and Shinsekai Yori and Nozaki-kun a 6?!" ... BEcause I like things I enjoy and it's just a fact that I enjoyed the first mentioned ones and not the others. So, honestly, I give a damn about what I should like or what the majority likes and instead I'll love the things I really enjoy :P

Btw, I haven't decided on the next anime. But I'm sure the most of you will shake your head about my choice  :wahaha:

Its k Ezee we still wub you :P

I mainly base my scores solely on 'did I enjoy it?' as well xD it's not like I'm a professional reviewer or anything~

~~

Finally finished Kiniro Mosaic and Outbreak Company. I'll miss these shows, though having two 'side dishes' is kinda ehh so I'll stick with one for now. *Cough* Amagi Brilliant Park *Cough*

Unfortunately, for the main courses, I now have a backlog: 

• Bakamonogatari
  • Noragami
  • Kimi ni Todoke
  • AnoHana

They're all good from where I left off before I went all-out for Madoka, but I think I'm in an anime slump right now or something @.@ maybe it's time to go back to VNs for a bit  :nervous: ....... nah too lazy.

OreShura is pretty good although the ending was so ambiguous, but it was really fun to watch, it also had a catchy OP.

I'm at a loss on what to watch next.. recommendations?

You are right, the OP was/is really amazing. I watched them nearly every episode completely.

Recommendations? Hm... I think you've seen everything what I know already ;) ... But Chihayafuru is on your Plan to Watch List. I think you should start that one, you won't regret it (says the Lord of bad taste  :makina: )

PS: Nosebleed, even it's not best grill, I still like your Avatar ;)

OreShura is pretty good although the ending was so ambiguous, but it was really fun to watch, it also had a catchy OP.

I'm at a loss on what to watch next.. recommendations?

I was about to suggest NouCome, but apparently you've already seen it.  Inside the ecchi/comedy/harem genre I've seen, you have probably watched them all, so I'm not even going to bother.

For a movie I would strongly recommend Patema Inverted (it's not in your MAL sooo...)  It's a nice and sweet vanilla love story about a guy and a girl who just cant seem to stand next to each other. 

Unfortunately, for the main courses, I now have a backlog: 

• Bakamonogatari

I could not get into Bakemonogatari after seeing the walls of text in the first episode.  That alone was screaming to me "I'd much rather have just stayed a book!".  I might be in the minority here, but overall, the show is basically a discourse of some sort, and it should have just stayed written.  You don't see movies of famous philosopher thoughts do you?

I will despise that video for getting the name of the song wrong in the title. It's Credens Justitiam.  They don't even mention it in the description, nor do they give any credit to the composer.  Third rate ripoff at best.  For anyone interested, the actual album is this one.

Oh well I took the first search on Youtube. Who would've thought it was so wrong :D

I could not get into Bakemonogatari after seeing the walls of text in the first episode.  That alone was screaming to me "I'd much rather have just stayed a book!".  I might be in the minority here, but overall, the show is basically a discourse of some sort, and it should have just stayed written.  You don't see movies of famous philosopher thoughts do you?

Haha yeah. It's on hold on my MAL with a tag saying 'not in mood for lengthy dialogue' xD

~~~

I *think* I'm in the mood for action w/ cute girls so I got Hidan no Aria, Strike Witches, & Toaru Kagaku no Railgun lined up. Will preview a few episodes of each b4 settling down on one over the next couple days

Haha yeah. It's on hold on my MAL with a tag saying 'not in mood for lengthy dialogue' xD

~~~

I *think* I'm in the mood for action w/ cute girls so I got Hidan no Aria, Strike Witches, & Toaru Kagaku no Railgun lined up. Will preview a few episodes of each b4 settling down on one over the next couple days

Hahaha, I can't help but feel that Railgun S(2) might surprise you.  It's probably the darkest section of RailDex animated thus far.  For the most part "Action with cute girls" fits, but I wouldn't compare it with the other two you mentioned  :wahaha:

Still watching Kimi ni Todoke 2.

I can't help but feel sorry for Kazehaya, you know? I kinda agree with Yano that he's kind of pitiful. I mean, Sawako averts her gaze and can't even talk normally when he's around. Ever since Valentine's. My god. This show tugs on my heartstrings so much that I just----

Also, dunno what to feel about Kento. I think he's cool, but a shit.

I feel like I haven't watched an anime with a proper ending in like forever. Feels like I haven't watched anything to completion in months, and it makes me lose all interest in watching new things. :x

The only thing I'm watching at the moment is Hataraku Maou-sama. It's surprisingly entertaining for what it is, but I feel like I'm watching a giant PV for the light novel in the end anyway.

Golden Time. 14 episodes or so. Arrgh I don't know. I like it but meanwhile I don't know.

What can I say? I kind of understand Kouko's dilemma and distress about Banri's amnesia and memories of Linda. But she is a bit too much sometimes. But I understand her stalking when they had that party. He was sick and didn't pick up the phone or opening the door. I would've freaked out too probably.He actually collapsed a couple of days earlier. But Kouko is a bit too much sometimes. But she is adorable too. Looking forward to the continuation.

I guess I coul go with Chihayafuru, although I'm not an avid sports anime fan, but I've put it on hold for ages now.

I was about to suggest NouCome, but apparently you've already seen it.  Inside the ecchi/comedy/harem genre I've seen, you have probably watched them all, so I'm not even going to bother.

For a movie I would strongly recommend Patema Inverted (it's not in your MAL sooo...)  It's a nice and sweet vanilla love story about a guy and a girl who just cant seem to stand next to each other. 

If it's a harem romcom, chances are I've already seen most of the meaningful ones since that was the genre I was most interested in back in the day.

Bakemonogatari is one of those things that you really need to get used to, it's full of lengthy dialogue but that lengthy dialogue is so well crafted in my opinion that it never got boring, it just got better and better as it went, because that lengthy dialogue allows for some of the most charismatic characterization while at the same time telling a story in a very unique way that no other anime does.

The jokes and puns are some of the best out there too, a lot of fun can be had with Bakemonogatari's dialogues.

It's a big hit or miss, not gonna lie, but if you manage to adapt to it, it's one hell of a ride.

I guess I coul go with Chihayafuru, although I'm not an avid sports anime fan, but I've put it on hold for ages now.

:D It's funny because it is somehow true and somehow not ;) ... I haven't watched a "real" sports anime till now but I don't think it is like Chihayafuru. Give it a try ;)

I've guessed it's somewhat like Saki but with better characters. I kind of liked Saki so we'll see where this goes. 

Hm, it's fairly different. Saki is completely unrealistic with absurd superpowers and doesn't really care to explain anything about mahjong. Chihayafuru sticks really close with reality. Also no lesbians, sry.

Lel whoops sorry I see you have GC as one of your favorites :D

GC for me had all the ingredients to become a 9 on my MAL -interesting characters, setting & plot, attractive females >.>...- but there was just something that didn't click with me and so I made that 'lackluster + decent' comment but it was still very enjoyable don't get me wrong xD

What'd you like about it??