What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

It's a really stellar show. So much so that I had to pick up the manga immediately after season 2, which I usually never do. I never really got to around to fully liking Taichi though myself. He gets better, but he's kinda a baby when it comes it Chihaya. He's a pretty good character though.

This. Also, while we're at it, Index can go bite someone else's head.

For me, Misaka is hands down the best character in the Raildexverse, to the point that I usually find a given episode interesting in direct proportion to the percentage of Misaka screentime in the episode; embarassed, jealous Misaka time is worth 2x.

I have dedicated my loyalty to Kuroko and the nuns.

No, not Index.

Chihayafuru is getting so good right now. Though Taichi's character is a little iffy for me still.

Regardless, the plot is getting better and better, I can't stop watching it.

New quirky characters appear, the main characters get good development, this show knows what it's doing.

Jumping onto that Chihayafuru train in hopes of learning some japanese sayings and idioms.

Who am I kidding, as if I'll pay attention to that.

I already know 

難波津に咲くやこの花冬ごもり今を春べと咲くやこの花

Back and forth :Kappa:

We should have our own karuta tournament while we're at it.  Like that's possible.

It would be possible but it would have really crappy gameplay :P

We could all get this and mod it for Karuta, then get in a chatroom and have someone play the 100 poems on random.

I have dedicated my loyalty to Kuroko and the nuns.

No, not Index.

So all the ones that get punched in the face eh.

Out of all the anime i've been trying, I've stuck to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Episode 13

I'm at the point where I'm not as easily 'Wowed' by anime; it'll be hard to find something that hyped me up as much as Madoka Magicka did but I'm enjoying Railgun for what it is.

~~

Side comment: For now it's actually pretty fun to not have any male lead characters in shows since it allows the girls to interact with each other instead of ogling over one guy. Can't get enough of Mikoto x Kuroko dynamics :D friggen' hilarious  :D

And then Touma pops up and has his flirty sessions with Mikoto and I'm like 'YO GTFO' xD

You're at the part where the anime starts going a little downhill sadly, but not by too much. The first arc of S2 is where most of the Railgun hype comes from, easily one of my favorite arcs in anime.

This. Also, while we're at it, Index can go bite someone else's head.

For me, Misaka is hands down the best character in the Raildexverse, to the point that I usually find a given episode interesting in direct proportion to the percentage of Misaka screentime in the episode; embarassed, jealous Misaka time is worth 2x.

I take that a step further and say Mikoto is one of my favorite anime characters of all time. That's partially the reason why I love Railgun so much more than Index (there's other reasons, but that's just one of them). Also, everything would have been better if Index missed Touma's balcony in the first episode :sachi:

Ever since I finished Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon Second Barrage I have a hole in my heart.

I'm probably going to finish up watching Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail (a series following

a character no one gave a shit about complete with a few fan servicy shots of Revy naked in the shower)

I've tried a handful of anime on crunchyroll but none fill the void. The Feels!

200_s.gif

Anyone recommend me an anime to take the pain away (ideally on crunchyroll)

Ever since I finished Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon Second Barrage I have a hole in my heart.

I'm probably going to finish up watching Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail (a series following

a character no one gave a shit about complete with a few fan servicy shots of Revy naked in the shower)

I've tried a handful of anime on crunchyroll but none fill the void. The Feels!

200_s.gif

Anyone recommend me an anime to take the pain away (ideally on crunchyroll)

dont know if these are on crunchyroll.

But if you want something that takes all pain away and leaves you in a bliss of nothingness and happines try aria the animation.

If you are looking for something in the style of black lagoon, try desert punk. the dub is a masterpiece (best dub ever, no i am not joking). the show is rude lude vulger, full of breasts and does not joke around.

review below:

the other option is full metal panic, it funny as hell, but aside from the gunsfights and the serious sargent it has not much incommon.

If you want something totally different, that unlike aria has an actual moving story try saiunkoku

hope this has something nice for you :lol:

I read part of the manga for full metal panic. It was pretty random maybe the anime makes more sense.

I might finish Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail tonight so pretty soon I'll start checking these out.

I have about a 95% drop rate for anime.

never read the manga for full metal panic, as the source for the anime is a light novel. ( the novel is translated and can be found on bakabt)

But i must say that is a pretty high drop rate. Mine is pretty low somewhere around 20%-30% but that is past the first two episodes.

But i am kind of curious, as to what your favorite anime is then.

For me that will mostlikely always be crest and banner of the stars. (well i generally determine my favorites by catogry but if i had to name one that would not be the favorite of a lot this one would be it)

Watching.. uhh.. Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. Yeah. There's really nothing at all of valid substance that I can say about this animu, even 6 episodes in. But~~ I can't seem to stop watching it 'fortehlulz' (an expression I will use in this instance, as it perfectly represents the nature of Milky Holmes). It's actually really funny, and acts as something nice to watch when I'm in not-such-a-good mood.

never read the manga for full metal panic, as the source for the anime is a light novel. ( the novel is translated and can be found on bakabt)

But i must say that is a pretty high drop rate. Mine is pretty low somewhere around 20%-30% but that is past the first two episodes.

But i am kind of curious, as to what your favorite anime is then.

For me that will mostlikely always be crest and banner of the stars. (well i generally determine my favorites by catogry but if i had to name one that would not be the favorite of a lot this one would be it)

I drop 95% of anime but I pick up some anime again later even If I dropped an anime mid series, I have an odd way of watching it. As for favourite anime that's tough I usually just go with what I enjoyed and can remember; Welcome to the NHK, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Black Lagoon, Genshiken stand out as decent to good anime but I wouldn't give a favourite. I read a lot of manga too on top of VNs and videogames, a few light novels to be honest I can't recall something I've watched/read most of the time unless I end up reviewing it on my site or if it was recent.

Right now I could tell you I liked the shorts series I can't understand what my husband is saying and the ongoing short comical psychotherapy. I have about 4 other series I'm trying out to decide wether I will drop or not; Yuki Yuna is a hero, Log Horizon, How to raise a boring girlfriend and I can't even recall the other one.

I'm also trying Desert Punk and Full Metal Panic watched one episode of each since you mentioned and finished the end of Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail did you see that one? Good god was the ending anti-climatic I could rave about it for days.

Watching.. uhh.. Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. Yeah. There's really nothing at all of valid substance that I can say about this animu, even 6 episodes in. But~~ I can't seem to stop watching it 'fortehlulz' (an expression I will use in this instance, as it perfectly represents the nature of Milky Holmes). It's actually really funny, and acts as something nice to watch when I'm in not-such-a-good mood.

Milky Holmes has the Fuwanovel seal of approval for best animu. Defiling it is a sin.

Milky Holmes has the Fuwanovel seal of approval for best animu. Defiling it is a sin.

Yeah, I blame several people here (who shall not be named) for implanting the idea in my head to watch this animu. However, Milky Holmes is a pretty entertaining experience so far, and it seems to have its moments of experience-worthy greatness from what I've heard. There's just something strangely endearing about watching the shenanigans of qt girls who fail at practically everything they do. But while Milky Holmes causes me to question myself and my morals at the same time, I can keep up a good momentum with the normal everyday things I do after having watched an episode.

Also, one of my friends on a certain place in the Internet rated it 9/10 and he's super critical on everything he watches. I guess I needed to see for myself and/or maybe confirm what made him think this was "exceptional" material.

I really loved Black Lagoon. It was always over-the-top, and it has unique, beautiful character art, a unique and compelling story and background, and unique and compelling individuals. Sure, sure, there are tropes to be found everywhere in the characters, but it's hard to write a character that isn't some trope at this point, and the character designs, character backgrounds, and their personalities were always way more than the sum of their tropes.

Now, that said: I loathed Roberta's Blood Trail. It had none of the charm or heart that I saw in the rest of the series. In the rest of the series, I felt like people had souls: they were pretty black souls, usually, but they were there. The show has some beautiful scenes:

Early in season 1, we had the really emotional scene between Rock and Revy in the submarine, and then the follow-up with Revy going nuts and Dutch holding her back, in the nazi boat.

Second Barrage had the great foil characters of the yakuza boss daughter and the sword-wielding prodigy vs. Rock and Revy, nicely showing off all the similarities and differences between their two worlds.

The two seasons of the show are freaking deep, while still maintaining a high level of adrenaline. In Roberta's Blood Trail, there is nothing remotely near that level of greatness; no character advancement to speak of, no comprehensible motivation for most of the characters' actions, and a lot of gratuitous filler material. The OVA was just a blood-drenched fanservice festival.

I'm also trying Desert Punk and Full Metal Panic watched one episode of each since you mentioned and finished the end of Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail did you see that one? Good god was the ending anti-climatic I could rave about it for days.

i did watch black lagoon roberta's bloodtrail, but unlike the normal black lagoon i can barely remember anything from it.

Uuuu watched some of Yoru no Yatterman...damn its pretty emotional than Yatterman(2008) and really interesting.... Makes me wonder who is Gan and Ai's descendant.

and Galina and Alouette had the same voice actor as Gan and Ai.....omg i can smell the plot twist.

i did watch black lagoon roberta's bloodtrail, but unlike the normal black lagoon i can barely remember anything from it.

Well there is roberta the maid in it and she goes crazy and leaves a blood trail. Shocker right?

Also we find out Revy's past in the last episode which is both pointless and we already sort of guessed it from what she said in S1/S2 anyway

As a child Revy killed her abusive alchoholic father and then was beaten and raped by the police after she was arrested.

Also we see some Revy side boob + nipple a couple of times for no reason whatsoever. We get the same fanservice with one of the other

female characters I forget who but it definitely wasn't balalika so it was probably the CIA chick.

So yeah It was shit would not recommend as it actually undoes more of the canon than it adds.

It's pretty bad. So bad I may actually end up doing a retrospective on it on my site. My jimmies are pretty rustled

by how much they fucked up the show with this OVA. But I digress.