What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Lel whoops sorry I see you have GC as one of your favorites :D

GC for me had all the ingredients to become a 9 on my MAL -interesting characters, setting & plot, attractive females >.>...- but there was just something that didn't click with me and so I made that 'lackluster + decent' comment but it was still very enjoyable don't get me wrong xD

What'd you like about it??

The soundtrack for one  :ph34r:

I really enjoyed Shu's transition from straight up pussy to "king". Also his devotion to Inori :wub:  I realize that it could have been a lot better its just I really loved all the cast of characters/plot/and it made me have feels. Just as you said it "clicked" wrong for you it "clicked" right for me. Its hard to word I just base stuff off on my feels  :wafuu:

Lel whoops sorry I see you have GC as one of your favorites :D

GC for me had all the ingredients to become a 9 on my MAL -interesting characters, setting & plot, attractive females >.>...- but there was just something that didn't click with me and so I made that 'lackluster + decent' comment but it was still very enjoyable don't get me wrong xD

What'd you like about it??

GC had all it needed, but it failed its execution magnificently.  They basically spent all their money on everything but the plot.  The one thing I can say that was good that came from it would be Supercell being formed with Chelly as the vocalist.

Nosebleed, from your "Plan to Watch" list, I would suggest either of Haibane Renmei or Girls und Panzer, depending on the mood you're in.

Haibane Renmei is amazing; easily on my top... umm... 18. I have a top shelf with 18 things on it, anyway, and it's there. It's mysterious, soothing... a little bit old now, I guess, but endearing and heartwarming. Many unusual adjectives for an anime; it's not really like anything else I've ever watched. I've heard it called a masterpiece before, and I don't disagree. I think I watched the whole series in two days, which is really unusual for me (normally I'm a one-episode-per-day person).

Girls und Panzer didn't initially sound that interesting to me, but I pushed myself to watch it since I heard a lot of enthusiasm. It's cute. Really really really cute. There's not a lot else positive I can say for it (also, I thought the OVAs were terrible - total waste of time), but sometimes, really really really cute is exactly what you're looking for.

My research into spice in Wolf led me to the conclusion that they rushed the show just so that they could advance the relationship with Holo.  I couldn't look at the show the same ever again.  And seriously? 13 have been released in English?  I was always under the impression that the companies who pick these up stall the translations for far too long.  I mean, Index was licensed in April of last year and we only just got the second book tomorrow;  SAO was licensed 17 months ago and we only have 3 volumes.  The only series I can claim that doesn't follow this trend would be Haruhi which is all caught up.

Yeah, 13 volumes of Spice and Wolf are out now. 13 came out in December, and Amazon is saying 14 will be out in April and 15 in August, so it's looking like they keep up a regular rate that'll have them completely done early next year. Per Amazon, volume 1 was released way back in 2009, so I don't think they're going any faster with it, but rather they've just been working on it for a long while. Probably the same is true of Haruhi.

The only downside (to me) of the Spice and Wolf books is that there's no Kindle version, so I have to get the dead tree version and further fill up my limited shelf space...

Well, since I've got nothing better to do at the moment I'll join this conversation by stating the anime I'm watching:

Bleach Ep. 224

Toradora Ep. 9

Noragami Ep. 2

K-Project Ep. 5

Nichijou Ep. 19

Shakugan no Shana Ep. 3

Plus One piece and Fairytail

So I hear Chihayafuru is pretty good, should I watch that one after I finish Nichijou (or Noragami which ever comes first)?

I decided to start Chihayafuru.

So far so good, i really like the characters. Also the visuals are great, they reminded me of Hachimitsu to Clover.

The opening song is really catchy too.

And for once i actually know how the game is played!

The first thing I noticed from the visuals as i started it, was the the characters actual have noses ;) ... 

I started yesterday Girlfriends (Kari), and congratulations! I've found the first anime to drop ... I think I start Hanayamata today then.

So you're hopping from one moeblob to another.

Well Girlfriend Beta has no production value so it can't get much worse.

I love Hanayamata's visuals and the characters. And of course all the dancing and music, it was one of my favorite anime from last year, i cried 3 times watching it. It's very much like Love Live in terms of friendship themes and stuff like that, i hope you like it.

I love Hanayamata's visuals and the characters. And of course all the dancing and music, it was one of my favorite anime from last year, i cried 3 times watching it. It's very much like Love Live in terms of friendship themes and stuff like that, i hope you like it.

Exactly ;) I want the moeblob achievement :P ... But it sounds really good to me, so I'm looking forward to it.

I also should finish Chihayafuru 2 but the sub team so soooo slow. And I started it watching german subbed and now I'm kind of lazy to switch right before the end.

Hanayamata OP~

Iroha ni ho paato paato hareyaka ni (HAI~)

sakasemashou hana no you ni (HAI HAI~) 

Such a wonderful earworm.  It might be one of the first shows I watched simply because the moeblob was too good.  I also blame my like for shojo ai, because yuri is love, yuri is life.

Hanayama is really good for a moeblob though. The character development and all the friendship (+yuri undertones) made it such a loveable show. Watching the characters progress and try their best for a common goal was just beautiful. Thinking back on it is bringing the tears back again. I was cheering the girls on the whole time, I tuned in each week just as it was airing because that's how much i looked forward to each episode. God damn Hanayamata y u so gud.

Finished Non Non Biyori. While there was nothing mind-meltingly amazing in there, it certainly had me smiling all the way through, and that's worth a lot.

Next up, for something complete different, is probably Revolutionary Girl Utena, but we could see a dark horse candidate emerge from one of the four "Love" shows in my queue (KoiChoco, Love Live, Chuunibyo, and Love Hina). Probably not KoiChoco, since I'm hoping to play the VN first, but... well, we'll see what happens tomorrow when it's time to press Play.

Out of all the anime i've been trying, I've stuck to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Episode 13

I'm at the point where I'm not as easily 'Wowed' by anime; it'll be hard to find something that hyped me up as much as Madoka Magicka did but I'm enjoying Railgun for what it is.

~~
Side comment: For now it's actually pretty fun to not have any male lead characters in shows since it allows the girls to interact with each other instead of ogling over one guy. Can't get enough of Mikoto x Kuroko dynamics :D friggen' hilarious  :D

And then Touma pops up and has his flirty sessions with Mikoto and I'm like 'YO GTFO' xD

Touma x Misaka is one heterosexual OTP i actually defend.

Kuroko can go sniff someone else's underwear.

Watched 8 episodes of Chihayafuru nd i'm loving it. The characters are stellar, i thought i!d hate Taichi at first but i'm starting to like him more. I love how the anime links the past and the present be reusing a couple of old characters while at the same time introducing new ones, all of which get proper characterization and actually provide different perspectives to the story.

Really glad i picked this up.

I randomly happened upon a cute little show about a guy who gets a job working as a kindergarten teacher.

It's called "Hanamaru Youchien"

This show filled me up inside with rainbows and unicorns. Manga is adorable too.

Quite possibly one of the cutest shows ever in terms of raw moe power.

Seriously though that show is pure "aw"

Watched 8 episodes of Chihayafuru nd i'm loving it. The characters are stellar, i thought i!d hate Taichi at first but i'm starting to like him more. I love how the anime links the past and the present be reusing a couple of old characters while at the same time introducing new ones, all of which get proper characterization and actually provide different perspectives to the story.

Really glad i picked this up.

Are you aware and prepared for the fact that I also like it a lot and I also "forced" you to watch it ?  :makina:

That is the prove that your taste is also shit  :wahaha:

Started on the second season of Yowapeda. I'm 3 episodes in. Glad to see they can still stretch 1,000 meters of racing into like 2 and a half episodes. 

It's a really stellar show. So much so that I had to pick up the manga immediately after season 2, which I usually never do. I never really got to around to fully liking Taichi though myself. He gets better, but he's kinda a baby when it comes it Chihaya. He's a pretty good character though.

just finished rewatching Saiunkoku monogatari.

Still as good as i remember it to be and definitly the best shojo series i have watched till now.

Dont get me wrong i really like yona of the dawn, but compared to saiunkoku it is a very different series.

Saiunkoku is mostly about politics and  yona more about action.

I personally really like almost all the characters in saiunkoku and while the series is mostly talking it has mostly great conversations.

And the main character is a really likable one: smart, hard working, and has a lot of spunk while being able to think ahead.

Then again Yona definitly was the series that suddenly gave me a craving for this series.

The episode count of both season is a little wierd with 39 episodes for each season.