When do you consider that you finished a VN?

Okami

When do you consider that you finished a VN?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. When do you consider that you finished a VN?

• Only when I read complite 100% and see every single scene, chouse every choice.
    • When I read all the endings including dead and bad ones.
    • When I read all the good/normal endings (when I read all routes).
    • When I read all routes that I am intereset in.
    • As soon as I get to the first ending.
    • Other.

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm a craven, I don't go for bad endings. But I'm still a completionist, so you can see the internal conflict here.

I do everything but bad endings.

Where have I purposely gotten a bad ending?

Fate/Stay night, but even when I did, it was so I could get bonus content. (And I didn't actually read any of those bad endings, so Take That!, game)

But why? It adds to the despair of not choosing the right choice.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if this has been posted before but I can't find it. The reason I asked this question is because I usually only finish about one route in every vn I read and I don't know if I should really put it to 'Finished' in vndb. I mean I finished all I want from the vn but I technically only read part of it. So can yall tell me how much you read in every vn?

Depends on the VN. For example, if you don't read bad ends you'll get even less of Remember11 and have essentially fuckall chance to decipher some key mysteries because lol R11's design. Usually I'd say "All good ends and any story-significant bad ones". I'd generally just say how much I have completed in any longer piece.

Eh, Sharin no Kuni is kind of an exception, since there's barely any difference between "routes."

In more traditionally-structured VNs, though, I get everything before I consider it done. I didn't used to play bad ends, but I changed that at some point, so...  I guess I'm just a completionist. 

I got 100% everything, CG and all, but i'm a rare creature, I can't leave something with empty CG spots unless it's a VN i really dislike and drops, tho what I consider finished depends on the VN, if it's a VN without a true route than one heroine might be enough. If there's a true route than that needs to be finished for it to be considered finished.

oviously the common + each & every heroines/heros route. if you feel the urge to skip parts, then the writer(s) screwed up. period

edit: NOT counting those so called gag-routes like the one in period (nurse) & 100% achievement in whatever gallery & stuff

@deep blue, sry but i have to object, since there´re tons of novels out there, where you wont get the full picture when skipping the bad endings.

edit: I´m NOT saying that each & every bad ending is relevant to the story, but you wont know until you do them

I always check out the heroines before I play a VN. Once I have played through the routes of the girls I like I call it good and move on. 

Sometimes I'll play through routes of heroines who catch my attention while playing a different route, but that only happens on the rare occasion. 

When I've read everything in it, or everything that is good/has a purpose. Usually I read all the ends... But some games really I don't bother to, or I leave them for later some time. Perhaps...

I'm satisfied when I have finished everything I'm interested in, sometimes this means everything and sometime it only means a couple of routes. For example, I consider Hoshizora no Memoria completed even though I skipped through about 80% of Chinami and Aoi routes. Same thing with Katawa Shoujo, I haven't actually read every route of it either but since I have read some summaries of what they are about and was not all that interested in the first place I consider this one too completed.

I don't know if this has been posted before but I can't find it. The reason I asked this question is because I usually only finish about one route in every vn I read and I don't know if I should really put it to 'Finished' in vndb. I mean I finished all I want from the vn but I technically only read part of it. So can yall tell me how much you read in every vn?