When do you consider that you finished a VN?

Okami

When do you consider that you finished a VN?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. When do you consider that you finished a VN?

• Only when I read complite 100% and see every single scene, chouse every choice.
    • When I read all the endings including dead and bad ones.
    • When I read all the good/normal endings (when I read all routes).
    • When I read all routes that I am intereset in.
    • As soon as I get to the first ending.
    • Other.

This poll is closed to new votes

I myself most often consider that I finished a VN after I read all the routes but I rarely read a bad endings and dead endings (Unless when I accidentally get them) with exception when a bad ending is a true ending for a route. I newer consider that I finished a VN until I finish all routes but oppositely I do sometimes do go for complete 100%  and don't consider a VN finished until I get it like for example in Kamidori that has a lot of side stories that you won't get if you just finish all the routes. But when I just started reading a VNs I considered that I finished a VN when I read all the routes I am interested in.

When I've read all of the major story elements of a vn I consider myself done. Usually that's all of the good/normal ends and a few bad ends.

Some of the vn's I don't really feel the replay value is good enough to play another time. Aselia the Eternal did 3 route ends.. More than that, and it becomes too much work for me. Aselia is a great vn btw. F/SN I did all the normal/good ends, and some of the bad ends I heard having interesting story.

So I am something between the 2nd and 3rd choice in the pool.

Typically, when I've read every route and all of their respective endings (good, bad, true, whatever).  Basically, when I've read all there is to read. Anything else than that, even if I'm personally finished with the title, I don't considered it truly finished.

I'm a bit of a completionist (seriously, I hate leaving stuff unfinished.  It's powerful enough that it borders on neurotic perfectionism sometimes), so I really try to 100% every VN before I say I finished them.  However, I loathed Isuzu from Hoshimemo, and her character alone was enough of a deterrent that I didn't actually go all neurotic after I skipped her route.  Psychology is so interesting  :D

Wait, what?  Why is it uncompletable?  This may be a problem for me  :/

Maybe he meant it in a way that there are just too many choices to actually read everything. The difference between Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night is that you'll actually get something for reading every bad end in Fate/Stay Night, whereas for Tsukihime, you only get the satisfaction. The bad ends aren't that good anyway, except when

Shiki dies.

It's all good then.

In regards to the route and CG, it's completable.

When I've beaten the main routes here as well. Though in Kamidora, I considered myself finish after just doing Yuela's. However, since I put in blood and sweat to complete every objective in Sengoku Rance, I put a higher standard in finishing that game. Sengoku Rance is about finishing every detail to be conisdered finish IMO. 

Maybe he meant it in a way that there are just too many choices to actually read everything. The difference between Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night is that you'll actually get something for reading every bad end in Fate/Stay Night, whereas for Tsukihime, you only get the satisfaction. The bad ends aren't that good anyway, except

when Shiki dies.

It's all good then.

In regards to the route and CG, it's completable.

You should really put a spoiler in your original post on the text that I spoiler'd in the quote.  I appreciate the info, but I dun wanna hear about who dies  D:

You should really put a spoiler in your original post on the text that I spoiler'd in the quote.  I appreciate the info, but I dun wanna hear about who dies  D:

...But isn't it expected that

the main character dies in a TYPE-MOON visual novel?

Very much sorry.

When I've beaten the main routes here as well. Though in Kamidora, I considered myself finish after just doing Yuela's. However, since I put in blood and sweat to complete every objective in Sengoku Rance, I put a higher standard in finishing that game. Sengoku Rance is about finishing every detail to be conisdered finish IMO. 

I couldn't consider Kamidori finished since I was still missing Emelita's h-scenes and the alternate costume scenes. Either way, I lost my Kamidori along with my laptop.

Ugh. My goddamn 150-hour gameplay.

Once I read everything there is everything to read is when I consider it done. Sengoku Rance was probably the most difficult for me to actually finish considering there was always a lot happening, but it still is one of my favorite visual novels.

Sill, I haven't seen you in ages. Where did Rance forget you this time? 

It depends on the VN. In a moege, as soon as I hit the true ending (if there is any) and the ending of whichever heroine I liked the most, I'm done. For charages and such, I'll say I'm done after I finish all routes. For more story-focused games, I'm done once I finish all routes + bad/dead ends. 

Ah, it's very rare for me to skip a bad ending since I like them so much. So even if I consider it done, I'll probably go back to the VN and finish all bad endings anyway. If it's in a moege or I don't care about the VN, I'll at least look up those endings on the internet to see what happens.

The endings are what's important to me, and that includes bad ends. But I don't go through and select every single choice- for example, Ever17 had a lot of choices that only affected a few lines of dialogue, and because I didn't feel like seeing every single one of those after finishing the true end, the game told me I hadn't gotten 100% completion, even though in my mind I had.

Depends on the VN's structure, really. Even though I didn't get all of Steins;Gate's endings, I considered it finished when I got the true ending.

As for Fate/Stay Night, it was finished when I reached the Last Episode.

Katawa Shoujo was finished as soon as I finished the "natural" route, that is, the one I ended up in choosing stuff out of my own will - for the record, it was Emi's.

I'm the same.