Are you interested in helping moderate a corner of the Fuwanovel forums?

Tay

I'll be waiting for the Board Admin job giveaway which I hope is coming soon

Are the requirements something like this ? :

- at least 5 months of membership

- +200 posts

- Made a minor contribution but is motivated to be a board admin while reading this text

- Logs in at least once a day / checks stuff at least once a day.

If so, I'm fit for the job.

I am not interested. I doubt I have the necessary skills nor the time, also I am not as involved with VN's than most other people here, thus I'd rather help the community by some other way that might be soon, later, or maybe never. But that's not what we're here to discuss.

I wish everyone interested best of luck and success in your future endeavors.

I stay around G&D and G&C, and would be very willing to donate time and effort to the community in a productive way, should you desire my help. I spend a good amount of time every day on the fuwa forums, and being serious isnt something absolutely out of my capabilities xD. Either way, there are a lot of applicants, but it just shows how much everyone cares?

also Batman's comment killed me. That was good, batman. That was good...

Wow, what a missed opportunity for me. I other wise would apply, but seeing that I'm trying to bring my school's Anime club back to life, applying to colleges (which includes studying for the exams), working on Japanese, and have rigorous school work; I think if I took the position up I probably wouldn't be able to allocate the proper amount of time to it. It is probably best for me to just decline the offer. I appreciate how you made this an open offer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I go to college almost every day of the week now, but I'm home for most of the day, so that shouldn't interfere.  I already visit Fuwa almost daily, so that's not an issue.  I've also been both an unofficial and official mod at several other forums by now, so I have some experience with moderating in general.

I'll submit my name too, that is if there are still positions open.

Hello everybody,

Thanks again for your patience as I recovered from my illness. I'm excited to begin our month of "cleaning house" and getting the site ready for the future. Today I'm putting out a call for anybody who is interested in moderating on the Fuwanovel forums. This is a major way you can help with the community (though not the only way!), and if you feel drawn to the work, let us know!

I've included a job description and requirements below. If this is something you'd like to do, please speak up! This topic is meant to stay open for some time, with action following (hopefully) within a week or so. Not everybody who volunteers will be chosen this time around, but calls for board moderators will happen periodically in the future, so you'll get another shot.

Job Description: Board Moderator

Requirements:

1. At least 2-3 months of experience on the site
  2. At least 50 posts
  3. A desire to help out and keep the forums organized!

Duties: What will board moderators do?

• Work with a global moderator to keep an assigned forum organized: topic moves, keeping 'derailing' to an acceptable level, reporting rule violations, helping new members find their way around your forum
  • Be responsible to brainstorm ways to make your forum better
  • Help people have fun and get to know each other

What board moderators are NOT:

• Secret police, spies, thought control agents, or dictators over their forum

Important/Interesting Logistics:

• Each board moderator will be trained by and report to a global moderator in a fancy coordination forum to which you'll be given access. In addition to your living, breathing global moderator trainer/compatriot, you'll have a handbook to reference. We won't throw you in the pool and expect you to swim ; )
  • Board moderators will be assigned to one or more boards (see the duties listed above)
  • You'll be expected to check in and work as a moderator at least two times a week
  • We'll consider board moderators first when openings in the global moderator ranks opens up

I am interested in becoming a moderate. I've pretty much log on just about everyday. If anything, I have real-life experience in management which utterly helps understand how to receive information from different ends, evaluate the situation, do research if needs to happen and take action afterwards.

Hmm .. you can also look over my website, Otakixus. I've designed it all so I know how to organize things.

Maybe you could edit the first post and put questions in there asking us about ourselves? And if you seem to be interested in those people you could PM them with more questions that have in-depth about situations and what not.

Well, aren't I late. Nevertheless, if yo can somehow accept someone as late as myself, I'd also like to be a mod. While I don't have much experience with any of this, I am planing to study software engineering next year.( if that helps somehow :P)