What are you playing?

Toradora! Portable, finally.

I got bored of that but should just finish it. I don't have access to s computer for several days so Toradora Portable would be a great VN since I can run a PSP emulator on my phone and play it that way. I actually already did that but deleted the game without deleting the saves so all I would have to do is redownload it.

Making decent headway on Makina's route in Grisaia.  My God, it's a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.  The "Kazami Yuuji and Irisu Makina: Seriously, What the Hell" meeting cracked me up.  Some of the funniest stuff I've read in a while.  I love Grisaia so much  ^_^

Currently playing Ayakashibito, Duel Savior, The Infinity Series (currently Remember11), Grasaia No Kajitsu, Kamidori (replaying, but last time I didn't get all the routes), Kingdom of Love (friend keeps pestering me about it), Muv-Luv, Phantom of Inferno, Sharin No Kuni: Yuukyuu No Shounenshoujo, Shikkoku No Sharnoth, Symphonic Rain and Tears To Tiara.

All at the same time.

Currently playing Ayakashibito, Duel Savior, The Infinity Series (currently Remember11), Grasaia No Kajitsu, Kamidori (replaying, but last time I didn't get all the routes), Kingdom of Love (friend keeps pestering me about it), Muv-Luv, Phantom of Inferno, Sharin No Kuni: Yuukyuu No Shounenshoujo, Shikkoku No Sharnoth, Symphonic Rain and Tears To Tiara.

All at the same time.

Wut.  Impossibru!

Wut.  Impossibru!

Well, I get bored easily. One second I'm playing Duel Savior, then I'm like "Dammit, all this hentai's getting on my nerves, I want something less pervy" and I go on Symphonic Rain. Or I'm playing TTT and I'm like "My brain is overloading with all this strategy, I'll just go onto something with a bit more story" and I open Grasaia.

It is quite fine. 'Creepy' is my specialty, you see.

Edit: I meant playing creepy games, not being creepy.

You aren't talking your way out of this one! :o

On a more serious note, yeah, the Corpse Party games are fun. BloodCovered is great, and Book of Shadows is pretty good too, although it's more of a fandisc. The direct sequel is coming out this summer though, so it might be the right time to get on :)

Hakuouki ~Shinsengumi Kitan~  http://vndb.org/v1715

Thanks for telling me about this, I'm a complete fanboy for anything Meiji/Bakumatsu, and also the Sengoku era.

You're not talking him out of talking about you not talking your way out of that thing you talked yourself into!

...I feel you confused yourself as you typed this. If I am neither talking about talking him out of it nor am I talking my way out of what I talked myself into, then what am I talking about?

Your words translate roughly into "you're not talking about talking".

...I feel you confused yourself as you typed this. If I am neither talking about talking him out of it nor am I talking my way out of what I talked myself into, then what am I talking about?

Your words translate roughly into "you're not talking about talking".

In terms of roughness, that's about a 100 grit translation.

Let's break this down.

SanadaShadow: "'Creepy' is my specialty, you see."  [What you talked yourself into]

SanadaShadow: "I meant playing creepy games, not being creepy." [How you talked your way out what you talked yourself into]

Vokoca: "You aren't talking your way out of this one!" [Vokoca talks about you not being able to talk your way out of what you talked yourself into]

SanadaShadow: "If you knew I was joking, please do not start making comments about me not being able to 'talk may way out' of it." [You try to talk Vokoca out of talking about you not talking your way out of what you talked yourself into]

Me: "You're not talking him out of talking about you not talking your way out of that thing you talked yourself into!" [i talk about you not talking Vokoca out of talking about you not talking your way out of what you talked yourself into]

Of course now I've gone and explained the joke, which is a cardinal sin.  How will I ever talk my way out of this one?

...First of all, when a joke runs too long, it is no longer funny. I feel your first comment passed that line. Second, explaining jokes is not a sin, if one does not understand it. Third, the way you view it, it made complete sense. However, my view on the matter was that your statement is just simple nonsense.

...First of all, when a joke runs too long, it is no longer funny. I feel your first comment passed that line. Second, explaining jokes is not a sin, if one does not understand it. Third, the way you view it, it made complete sense. However, my view on the matter was that your statement is just simple nonsense.

Since you seemed not to enjoy the first joke, I'll not use you as my guiding light as to when a joke has gone on too long.  As for whether a sentence makes sense or not...  sentences make sense even if you can't make sense of their contents.

Anyway, enough of all that.  I didn't mean for this to be a thing.  I'll get back to the topic at hand.

Making my way through Ryou's route in Clannad.  I'm beginning to see what my problem with the VN is.  With other VNs I've read, you spend a lot of time with most of the main cast, and when they do focus on a single heroine, it usually starts getting fairly serious(even if there is still a lot of humor present).

Clannad, at least in the 4 routes I've played so far(including the one I'm on now) doesn't do that.  The only person you consistently interact with is Sunohara, and the VN has done a pretty good job of ensuring that I don't care much about what happens to him at all(after all, the protagonist is the one instigating most of his troubles).  But even though routes seem to focus mostly on just that route's heroine, the tone doesn't change much.  Everything seems fairly light and humorous until the very end, and by then what tone shift does occur is too little, to late.  

I'm just not that invested in characters that I've had little interaction with spaced out between segments of sessions of "Sunohara: the butt-monkey."  I get some good laughs, but the drama falls flat because I just don't care what happens to anyone I've met in the VN yet.  It's the same reason that Steins;Gate is so much more effective as a VN than as an anime.  The anime isn't bad at all, but it cuts out so much of the interaction that all of the emotion I felt for anyone other than Kurisu was a carryover from playing the VN.

That's what Clannad feels like to me:  a story that forgot to let me get to know the characters before telling me I should care about what's going on.