What are you playing?

Imma gonna try KIra Kira in a while [or rather I thought about trying to try it out] is it good im hoping it's like Beck anything that has a band is pound to be good

If you like those VNs about rock bands, I'd recommend this and DearDrops, they are really good.

The version I bought is all-ages; I'm gonna compare this to the PS2 Japanese port to see if it is the same content. The all-ages for PC is gaijin-exclusive :3

I'm kinda juggling between three VN's at the moment. I have started Tomoyo After Story but haven't gotten very far yet. I'm pretty close to finishing Deardrops, about a route and a half left to do. Then there is Kamidori. That one is taking quite a while. I usually play it for a couple hours every other week or so. It just gets kinda hard to marathon it like I do with others since it gets so repetitive after a while.

Managed to finish Ever17. I didn't get Tsugumi-Sora bad end, because too much scrolling needed to reach it and I've already spoiled it for myself, otherwise its 100% completed.

Game is too long in a bad way. Too much text that was repeated across routes but didn't qualify for autoskip, too much useless, boring infodumping (Archimedes, Pygmalion, telomere, basics of information theory and so on — it just gives a feeling that target audience is indeed kids who don't know obvious stuff). Slice stuff wasn't good either, I've ctrl-ed through most of it after my 2nd route.

Mystery wasn't that mystic, I've guessed part of true route plot elements after finished You route, and due me being stupid, I did You first (before doing Takeshi and therefore ruining a lot of game for me). When I've finished Tsugumi, I've already figured most of plot, and couldn't predict only minor details that had no foreshadowing (like nature of BW).

That said, Coco route was still enjoyable, esp. mirror scene, but I would enjoy it more if they didn't include so much pointless text.

Finished AkaGoei2. Man, it was awesome in so many ways. My second 10/10 after Eustia, never seen so many interesting characters in one VN. Got Reminiscence – the protag is no Kaito but well, hope it'll be good too.

Now reading Taiyou no Promia – I've tried to start several VNs after AkaGoei but somehow only this one was able to catch my attention. It's pretty simple, fast-paced, with tons of action and interesting art. Only 1 of 6 routes done so far though.

I've decided to watch the anime rather than finish "Clannad". If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, let me know why, please.

Damn it, I wish I could have stopped you. I haven't finished Clannad (I'm not even close to finishing one route) but I've been told time and time again that the VN is better than the anime. That's not to say the anime is bad or anything. Hell that's the main reason I got the VN in the first place, because I freaking loved watching Clannad. But I honestly feel you'd have a better experience reading the VN rather than watching the anime. Of course, reading would take longer than watching so in the end its your choice.

Damn it, I wish I could have stopped you. I haven't finished Clannad (I'm not even close to finishing one route) but I've been told time and time again that the VN is better than the anime. That's not the say the anime is bad or anything. Hell that's the main reason I got the VN in the first place, because I freaking loved watching Clannad. But I honestly feel you'd have a better experience reading the VN rather than watching the anime. Of course, reading would take longer than watching so in the end its your choice.

I'm finding the anime much more enjoyable overall. Thanks anyway.