Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I might end up cutting my contract early after 8 months of teaching and finish living in Japan this month. I feel a little down about all of it because the last thing I want to do is let down anyone in my family or let down any of my friends. The honest truth is that I really just want to further my education in teaching and start taking Japanese classes because I don't feel I am getting a lot out of the language aspect while I am here; my job hours are so demanding that I barely have time to learn, let alone be a part of the Fuwanovel community which I love doing.

It's difficult because I want to make not only myself happy, but everyone else as well. Do I want to come back to Japan? Yes, of course! I just feel I am too young to be sitting in this type of career the rest of my life at the age of 25. My dad didn't start becoming an air traffic controller until he was 29 years old, and he ended up working for 27 years before finally retiring last June. Am I too old that I need to find a career now?

I want to continue teaching English, and I want to continue living in this amazing country, but I also want to further my education so I have the option of teaching university students. I want to learn to use Japanese in my everyday life as well, because I want to expose myself to more of the culture. Yes, I only have 5 more months of teaching (technically 4 because Christmas is a huge holiday), but I feel I am ready to continue teaching in a different environment.

I don't know how I feel about all of it. It's hard for me to decide what I want to do. I also want to be close to my family because of all the changes going on in their lives as well: my sister had her baby in July and it still hasn't hit me I'm an uncle of a niece, my father retired and I can't be there to see him, and my grandmother (my last grandparent) on my dad's side is slowly starting to lose her health. I'm conflicted.

this is just my opinion but i think you should go back to your family especially for your grandmother

last week my grandmother just passed away and none of my uncle and aunt saw her last moment,and till now all of them is regretting over it

Confession: I might end up cutting my contract early after 8 months of teaching and finish living in Japan this month. I feel a little down about all of it because the last thing I want to do is let down anyone in my family or let down any of my friends. The honest truth is that I really just want to further my education in teaching and start taking Japanese classes because I don't feel I am getting a lot out of the language aspect while I am here; my job hours are so demanding that I barely have time to learn, let alone be a part of the Fuwanovel community which I love doing.

It's difficult because I want to make not only myself happy, but everyone else as well. Do I want to come back to Japan? Yes, of course! I just feel I am too young to be sitting in this type of career the rest of my life at the age of 25. My dad didn't start becoming an air traffic controller until he was 29 years old, and he ended up working for 27 years before finally retiring last June. Am I too old that I need to find a career now?

I want to continue teaching English, and I want to continue living in this amazing country, but I also want to further my education so I have the option of teaching university students. I want to learn to use Japanese in my everyday life as well, because I want to expose myself to more of the culture. Yes, I only have 5 more months of teaching (technically 4 because Christmas is a huge holiday), but I feel I am ready to continue teaching in a different environment.

I don't know how I feel about all of it. It's hard for me to decide what I want to do. I also want to be close to my family because of all the changes going on in their lives as well: my sister had her baby in July and it still hasn't hit me I'm an uncle of a niece, my father retired and I can't be there to see him, and my grandmother (my last grandparent) on my dad's side is slowly starting to lose her health. I'm conflicted.

Confession:  I have no idea how to comfort or guide you. Didn't you have some sort of Masters education going on for Uni level English teaching though?

Confession 2: I think I spent ~10 of the last 24 hours playing YU-NO and the OST isn't getting out of my head.

Confession 3: Mods, I think the tilde sign is showing up as a minus. Using FuwaFabulous IIRC. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Confession: I throw rocks at the raccoons that lurk around our house at night.  Never really liked raccoons that much, but I was never really bothered enough by them to do anything like this.  The second they started attacking neighborhood cats, though, they sealed their fates.  I aim to hit, and I don't feel bad about it.  Those raccoons are assholes.

So college started.

Confession: My first thoughts are FUUUUUCKKK ENGL2098 - Intermediate Composition.  Why must your torture me with having to compose something creative professor?  Give me a topic instead, creative writing is where I fall shortest.

Edit: It's even worse, I have to write about writing.  So I'm Meta-Writer, can someone please put me out of my misery?

In this course, we’ll be writing about writing, so the research you’ll be doing is focused on that.

Kill me now.

So college started.

Confession: My first thoughts are FUUUUUCKKK ENGL2098 - Intermediate Composition.  Why must your torture me with having to compose something creative professor?  Give me a topic instead, creative writing is where I fall shortest.

Edit: It's even worse, I have to write about writing.  So I'm Meta-Writer, can someone please put me out of my misery?

Kill me now.

Just write complete nonsense. That seems to give language teachers the strangest hard-on. At least, it did mine.

So college started.

Kill me now.

Write with passion about how much you love your writing? Or smth like that.

Well do you have to pay money to your employer if you cut your contract early? If you can affprd that easily, then we shouldn't worry about that. After that do you feel ok if you leave Japan for now? You might not come back anytime soon, who knows! The alternatives you prepared and the family are kinda enough reasons for me to leave unless I am earning crazy good in this job and am enjoying it which doesn't seem to be your case at all. I kinda don't like cutting my contracts early so if you can continue till the end of the contract, it would be kinda great. I just hear horrible stories about the people who cut their contracts early. Then again I don't.know your employer soooko.

TL;DR: if you won't be affected badly by cutting your contract early, I'd say you should.

So college started.

Geehhhhh mine is about to start too :vinty:

Also, is it wrong that i think Meta-writing is an awesome class to have? :sachi: 

Confession 1: I only just caught up to the amount of likes I had before the rollback :vinty:

Confession 2: I only go back to uni on the 10th :makina:

Confession 4: I'm just thinking of random things to confess because I'm bored

Confession 5: I skipped confession 3 for teh lulz

Confession: I had the worst diarrhea of my life for a week, started taking pills, haven't shat for the last 3 days.

Try taking Hyperbiotics if you can. This stuff is amazing for digestion; I haven't had diarrhea once ever since I started taking it and I feel more energized too. It might hurt to poop for a little while after you start taking it (expect blood), but you'll thank yourself for it later. A lot of health issues start with the gut, so you definitely want to do as much as you can to take care of it.

Confession: I DID IT, I AM SHITTING AS I WRITE THIS, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

I am so very incredibly glad for you. I was actually quite worried so I'm very happy you took the time to write us this update.

Confession:

On occasion, even I feel mildly intelligent. Today I played a game that truly made me feel like Sherlock Holmes.

Confession: I just got invited to a get together by the girl I have been seeing/talking to... and she just asked me if I am going to be staying the night.

Fuck. Yes. I. Am. So. Ready. XD

Alcohol? Yes.

Number of people staying at said friend's apartment: Pretty much nobody, including her friend who owns the damn place. XD

Chances of shit happening: High

Lino Status:

IsNBX8H.gif

Confession: I just got invited to a get together by the girl I have been seeing/talking to... and she just asked me if I am going to be staying the night.

Fuck. Yes. I. Am. So. Ready. XD

Alcohol? Yes.

Number of people staying at said friend's apartment: Pretty much nobody, including her friend who owns the damn place. XD

Chances of shit happening: High

Lino Status:

IsNBX8H.gif

good luck ! :D