Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: So remember that party I went to where I was confessing about wanting to get drunk because I don't like my coworkers? Well there is one coworker I really like and I spent most of the party chatting with him.

... yesterday the police came by our workplace and told us he'd been caught driving drunk. Anyone who knows the drunk driving laws in Japan is wincing as they read this. Yeah. They came around asking questions and taking statements like it was a murder investigation. They're going to put the poor guy's name in the papers and maybe even on the news on TV. He's also not my coworker anymore. Driving drunk in Japan is social suicide. If you get caught you may as well move because your life in that community is over. They're so strict here that you can get arrested even if you weren't actually driving, but say after drinking with you one of your buddies drove off. If you didn't stop them you could be charged as an accomplice basically. So drunk driving not only screws up your life, but there's a possibility it could screw a few of your friends too. We're worried now that the papers are going to print who he was at the party with and it'll ruin the reputation of my workplace as well.

TL;DR DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE IN JAPAN

Confession: So remember that party I went to where I was confessing about wanting to get drunk because I don't like my coworkers? Well there is one coworker I really like and I spent most of the party chatting with him.

... yesterday the police came by our workplace and told us he'd been caught driving drunk. Anyone who knows the drunk driving laws in Japan is wincing as they read this. Yeah. They came around asking questions and taking statements like it was a murder investigation.

TL;DR DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE IN JAPAN

I actually like Denden Town more than Akiba

I wasn't nearly the otaku I am now when I went to Japan for vacation several years ago, so maybe things look different when you have the necessary experience, but... really? Denden Town just seemed dead when I was there, while Akiba was shiny and glowy and cool. I don't know what things would look like through my new VN-aware and more anime-aware eyes, but I'm pretty sure Denden Town would at least still seem dingy.

I still probably don't have the necessary appetites to appreciate most of the goods in the shops at either location, though.

Confession: Sometimes I ponder whether there's any relationship to be drawn between Isuna Hasekura and Rei Hasekura.

I wasn't nearly the otaku I am now when I went to Japan for vacation several years ago, so maybe things look different when you have the necessary experience, but... really? Denden Town just seemed dead when I was there, while Akiba was shiny and glowy and cool. I don't know what things would look like through my new VN-aware and more anime-aware eyes, but I'm pretty sure Denden Town would at least still seem dingy.

Denden Town has most of the shops of Akiba with 1/100th the crowd. Trying to browse in Akiba is insane, you can never stop the eternal flow of people through the tiny narrow shops so you're always being pushed forward and around. I agree there's more lively culture in Akiba and lots more stuff to see, but for an actual shopping trip and having the joy of just browsing in a nerdy shop with time to stop and look at all the crazy stuff being sold and hunting for great deals and stuff Denden wins hands-down.

I'm sure my opinion would change if I knew the layout of Akiba better and if I went during a time when it wasn't quite as crowded. Maybe my trip with Ren will change my mind.

Confession: After 3 years of owning one and not having any use for it, I've done something with my Raspberry Pi.

It used to be the case that when my mom would try to tell me dinner is ready or something, she'd have to yell, but because the kitchen is on the first floor and the computer room is on the second, and I have noise-cancelling headphones, if I had anything playing in my headphones I wouldn't hear her, so it was really annoying for all parties involved. So I put a button and a wi-fi adapter on the Pi, and now if she wants me to come downstairs all she has to do is press a button and I get a notification on my PC. :D

Confession 2: Not sure if that was a confession or another bragfession, but whatever.

5HXimPu.png

what a good example I must be setting as a mod - knowingly posting off-topic bullshit

confession: spent my day in tokyo. visted a shrine and wished for a safe trip along with lots of fun. got denied out of two establishments because i didnt speak japanese. still have 27,000 yen left over. there is no place to toss out your cigarettes over here even though theere are more smokers here than in california.

confession: spent my day in tokyo. visted a shrine and wished for a safe trip along with lots of fun. got denied out of two establishments because i didnt speak japanese. still have 27,000 yen left over. there is no place to toss out your cigarettes over here even though theere are more smokers here than in california.

Having fun with the "Land of No Trash Cans Anywhere" ? :wahaha:

Having fun with the "Land of No Trash Cans Anywhere" ? :wahaha:

its kind of weird being assigned to smoking zones at airports where youre boxed in with everyone in this room. Like delinquints. Outside i had to hold my trash until i entered a restauraunt. Meh. ill be back for some more action next year. In vietnam now before i swing to hong kong