How did you find your favorite Visual Novel?

Snowtsuku

Watched the Little Busters anime, and I loved it. Found out that it's adapted from a visual novel, which is made by a company called KEY. Checked out the Kanon and Clannad anime, which I also liked a lot. Finally decided to give this visual novel thing a go, and tried out the Little Busters VN. It completely blew me away, and I became very interested in this medium. Searched up KEY and the list of games they make. Found Rewrite and fell in love with the art at first sight, so I decided to read it.

I didn't sleep that night.  

And that was how I found my favorite VN, Rewrite  :)

About 4 years ago when I was completely computer illiterate I tried to find visual novels online, but could not find anything but a kinetic novel called Ripples. Once I bought my own laptop I learned about torrenting and started to fill my computer. After while of watching the anime of Key releases I discovered a game called Planetarian on TPB with the word Fuwanovel attached it it.

I discovered this site thanks to that game and also found my favorite VN (which also happened to be a kinetic novel)

Key is like the gateway drug to visual novels for everyone

I got into VNs and gave myself a list. I went through each one and ended up reading Little Busters! I enjoyed it the first time and it has been the only piece of japanese entertainment to have made me cry. I felt like reading a second time and it was the second time that I really fell in love with it and how everything was put together.

My Fav vn is my third vn that i read. My second was G-Senjou no Maou, so i search what Akabei soft2 products are. And i found Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no shoujo.

However since i had a lot of free time back then i searched for another english vn. In the end i got Sharin,Yume miru kusuri and Moero downhill.

And since i found G-senjou pretty good so i decided to go with Sharin first. One of best decision of my life.

My current favorite VN: Shikkoku no Sharnoth

(Favorite VN is subject to change)

Through a (sort of) recommendation and browsing VNDB. Someone was hyped for another Liar-soft VN being translated. I asked if they were any good, and decided to browse VNDB to see if any of them looked interesting. Sharnoth was fully translated, and seemed most interesting.

One of my friend from a video game forum i usually see, 2 years ago, was always teasing me to give S;G a try (at this era, i was totally ignorant and i hadn't that much free time) He was always enthusiasm when he spoke about it.

And then, one day, i remembered his everyday bashing, and finally, i was indoctrinated to Read S;G, This is my story.

To answer that i have to choose which my favourite VN is ;) ... Honestly there are two.

At first Little Busters! -> My first VN I played 100 % was Rewrite it was really great and so i looked for other Key Stuff -> So that was simply logical to read LB! someday ;)

Second "Iff my Heart had Wings" -> As I finished LB! and Clannad the other VM's from Key doesn't really catch my interest. I looked for a new one. I searched a easy going, slice of life VN with great art. And thats what IMHHD is, it's really awesome :) . So this was also a little bit logical. 

Greetz

telling me to pick a favorite, that is a hard one...

Fate/stay night..... na to many have that one as thier favorite

muv luv alternative.... same deal as fate stay night

Tsukihime... same deal

Grisaia no Kajitsu.... again very good but not all vn in the series are translated so this one has no chance until the series has been completly translated... if ever.

So after much internal debate and wanting to pick something interseting.

I have to go with monster girl quest for now.

My favorite is, though some people might find this opinion objectionable, Katawa Shoujo, probably because I was biased in that it was my first VN. Now that I think about it, I heard about it from a poll on the Fakku homepage, which is odd, considering that I rarely go there (exhentai is where it's at).

Found my other favorite VN Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete (the original Japanese version, not the butchered English one) while I was just randomly browsing Anime-Sharing to see the new Japanese release titles which are already out.

I remember seeing the preview sample pics and visuals which looked reaaally nice and made me more interested in trying it than the game description accompanying it could. The VN was also the second VN that I've played which is in HD (the other being Dracu-riot)