That One Choice You Didn't Want To Make

Life

So has there ever been a choice in a VN that you didn't want to make for whatever reason? You may have just stopped playing/reading right there or gone with the choice just because. I just want to know if anyone has come across a choice in a VN that they just didn't want to make. Maybe the choice was just enraging or not right or something. Maybe you just didn't like the heroine and didn't want to make that choice. 

For me it would probably be Little Busters! when the protag wakes up to see the bus crash and you pick between having to save them or abandon them. After failing to save them, it was just heartbreaking to have to abandon everyone who the protag had enjoyed his time with.

Mmm... one of the first couple of choices in Devils Devel Concept is sort of like that.  Since the protag gets confessed to by Kanata in like the third scene, you have to choose to turn her down if you want one of the other heroines or her path with her dominant (rather than Sora), and the way he does it is... so like him. 

A profile

You have to choose to trust Miou every time even knowing pretty much from the start that she's lying to you. That was just so ridiculous.

Ironically, still best route in the game.

same with me,

but I don't know how to put my words

The first one that comes to mind would be in DanganRonpa

in the last third of the game or so, you are forced to lie to Kirigiri. They give you an option to tell the truth, but it doesn't let you pick it - so in the end you have to pick to lie yourself. Hated that part so much.

Inside or outside

Steins;Gate where you have to

deny the heroines' dreams for the sake of saving Mayuri. 

I was heart broken when I had to take Feiris' dream away.

Or even when you deny Kurisu's life for the sake of Mayuri as well

Dear god, I had almost forgotten about that.  Ruka's was pretty terrible too.  But yeah, that last moment where Kurisu rushes back into the room right as you press the button...  dear god...

Dear god, I had almost forgotten about that.  Ruka's was pretty terrible too.  But yeah, that last moment where Kurisu rushes back into the room right as you press the button...  dear god...

Luckily there's the true end, but still when you check the individual endings they each feel like they deserve to exist so it's kind of tough when you take all that happiness away

Luckily there's the true end, but still when you check the individual endings they each feel like they deserve to exist so it's kind of tough when you take all that happiness away

Sad fact:  despite it being one of my top three VNs, I still haven't seen the true ending.  I did something wrong and just got the normal ending where life just goes on without Kurisu.  I need to replay that one.

Not really the same thing, but in Persona 4 Golden

On Valentines day you get to spend the day with one of the girls you've entered a romantic relationship with (usually you have multiple wifus in one playthrough), however you have to reject ALL the girls you don't spend the day with.... and for the record each girl thinks they're you're girlfriend. As a completionist I nabbed every girl, and I viewed each of their V-day scenes via resets.... and Naoto and Rise made me feel like shit every time.

Not patting Sachi's head. Also, bad ending choice for Yumiko (to the point where I avoided it for a while, turns out I missed nothing.) Come to think of it, rejecting the money felt pretty bad too.

In conclusion Grisaia ebil and I can't remember the earlier stuff

Not really the same thing, but in Persona 4 Golden

On Valentines day you get to spend the day with one of the girls you've entered a romantic relationship with (usually you have multiple wifus in one playthrough), however you have to reject ALL the girls you don't spend the day with.... and for the record each girl thinks they're you're girlfriend. As a completionist I nabbed every girl, and I viewed each of their V-day scenes via resets.... and Naoto and Rise made me feel like shit every time.

Oh my got this! There wasn't any punishment for it in the original Persona 4 so I went with multiple too - and the Valentine day made me feel so bad I went for a second playthrough...

:D

Lots of them. For example, with that same choice in little busters, I picked run away without any hesitation. Having to go back and risk your life because of something like that is just the complete opposite of me.

Generally, whenever you have to be heroic or act nicely to an annoying heroine (or any other character) I'd rather not do it. I always pick all choices in a VN, though, so it doesn't really matter.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All

In the final case I had to make multiple choices that I didn't want to. Accusing Adrian Andrews as the murderer to extend the trial, so Gumshoe and the police could have more time to find De Killer and Maya. When De Killer says that his client was Adrian, and you have to choose between continuing the trial or accepting the not guilty verdict as Adrian pleads you to help her. Then, as if that wasn't enough, you have to choose between Adrian's life or Maya's life one more time as the real client is on the stand smirking, thinking he's about to be pronounced innocent.

For me it was my first VN, Katawa Shoujo.  I had nearly 100% completion on it, but for the longest time I refused to go for Hanako's bad ending.  I finally did, of course, but I didn't want to.

^This. In fact I watched Hanako's bad ending on YouTube because I could not bear to put up with it in my own game.

Also when I did Shiratori's bad ending in G-Senjou no Maou, I just couldn't bare it. Her good ending was sweet, but even that didn't compensate for Kyousuke's immense cruelty in the bad ending. 

There are several choices I hated but had to choose

So I can't list them all but well most of the time , I choose what I like and get the bad or dead ending or go to a route that I didn't want to 

But well the worst choices I had to make were mentioned above

Danganronpa one and All the choices in Steins; Gate

Sad fact:  despite it being one of my top three VNs, I still haven't seen the true ending.  I did something wrong and just got the normal ending where life just goes on without Kurisu.  I need to replay that one.

It is actually easy .... the only thing you have to do is reply to a certain mail in a certain way

If my memory doesn't fail me, it is that in chapter 4 , you will get a certain mail from Kirisu whether you wrote your report since it is important for a scientist , then you will select to reply according to the word scientist then bad scientist probably ... you can use auto load since it saves at the beginning of each chapter. That of course is when you feel like playing the VN ....

Not patting Sachi's head. Also, bad ending choice for Yumiko (to the point where I avoided it for a while, turns out I missed nothing.) Come to think of it, rejecting the money felt pretty bad too.

In conclusion Grisaia ebil and I can't remember the earlier stuff

Haha. I rushed straight for all bad endings in grisaia when I played it "as myself" besides Makina's. Though it was fairly obvious the choices would lead to bad endings. Playing as myself actually led to a perfect ending in Makina's route (which is rare, since I generally end up getting bad endings when I do that because I have this bad habit of not caring about the heroines.)

Muv Luv unlimited

There wasn't a happy ending for you. You chose either to send your heroine off to another world, or you both die together.

Sengoku Rance

Neither of your choices could change Yukihime's fate. Either way she pointlessly sells her virginity to fight you and wanders off to prostitute herself with the grossest men

Fate/Stay Night

Ugh, to get the true endings you have to let go of Saber in every route.

Fate/Stay Night.

Killing Saber, but also giving up on everything for Sakura. Day 9 had, in fact, an awful lot of troublesome choices.

I too really disliked the initial choice of throwing away your ideals for Sakura. Was hoping there would be like a compromise between being a hero and loving her... but nope. Regardless by the end I no longer regretted it. Sakura <3

I too really disliked the initial choice of throwing away your ideals for Sakura. Was hoping there would be like a compromise between being a hero and loving her... but nope. Regardless by the end I no longer regretted it. Sakura <3

I agree. Shirou really grew up. He avoided his father's, Archer's, and Saber's doomed footsteps. I liked him a lot more in HF but I still hated Sakura <3.