That One Choice You Didn't Want To Make

Life

Fate/Stay Night.

Killing Saber, but also giving up on everything for Sakura. Day 9 had, in fact, an awful lot of troublesome choices.

I on the other hand rejoiced when that choice came along - the cynic in me felt like he won. :D

I've remembered another one - in Umineko

picking the 'It's a trick' choice made me feel pretty bad, after all that the last episode teaches you. Luckily the trick ending is incredibly badass, so it was worth it.

When it comes to hard choices though, then the clear winner is Totono. I spent at least 5 minutes stuck on that last choice...

Does it count if you couldn't make a choice at an extremely crucial time?

I loved Rewrite, but I hated how there were no choices in some of the most
crucial times. I mean, on the "Black Day", I wanted to hide and watch them from
far away, but nooooooo, YOU MUST GO UP TO THEM TO GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU
EVERY TIME. YOU CAN'T EVEN ENHANCE YOURSELF AT THAT TIME.

If you want one where I just quit because of not wanting to make a choice, it might as well be Clannad. I don't want it to end. Ever.

I wouldn't say I disliked it though. I just didn't want to make the choice, but I was happy to have my heart teared apart.

Besides, that is FSN's most powerful inflection point. It's the point in which the story negates everything it had been telling you until that point. It's the point in which Fate/Stay Night negates itself. A compromise wouldn't have been as powerful.

It was such a critical point where the other routes had talked about shirous ideals and how much they meant to him. Having to throw them away changed so much from that point on.