sekai project release a hunie pop like game

wyldstrykr

http://store.steampowered.com/app/687920/Tropical_Liquor/

https://vndb.org/v20527

there reviews at this time of this post is MIXED... :thinking:

so whats the difference between this and frontwing, purino party and huniepop???

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS :

Processor: Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2048 MB RAM

Graphics: Shader Model 2.0

DirectX: Version 9.0

Storage: 3 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectSound

thats heavy for that kind of game... Is the programmer not that good?

Edited by wyldstrykr

The only difference I see with this game is that you have to memorize which blocks color match before the jar is filled with liquor. This is opposed to Huniepop and Purino Party where you get a tile puzzle that has you move a bead to color match 3+ in a row.

As for specs, Core 2 Duo is a pretty old processor. The last Core 2 processor was released in 2009. 2GB RAM was also the amount of RAM you would find in a mainstream computer in those days. 

The gameplay is absolutely terrible, and the loc is pretty bad. It's got more of a story and more of characters than Purino Party (which is saying almost nothing), and maybe marginally more of those than Huniepop, but abysmal gameplay where Huniepop had fantastic gameplay.

Yes, the art is nice. Especially the date CGs :kosame:

Still, I'd strongly recommend against picking this one up. I certainly regret it, more for the waste of time with joyless gameplay than for the waste of money.

Edited by Fred the Barber

I pretty much agree with fred. It also has loading times upwards of 10 seconds for some screens, for some weird reason - sometimes the game is basically click, wait 10 seconds, click, wait 10 seconds, click..., and it really ruins any flow it could have had (something huniepop did a million times better).

You also can't advance text using the keyboard bar using the skip buttons, there's no option to continue playing voice until next voiced line, no hotkey to pull up the backlog, no way I could see while in a sex scene to turn off the offputting sex sfx, and it just goes on. This is absurdly unpolished.

All in all, not recommended.

Well, at least this has original art, unlike Purino Party, which was quite literally just CGs ripped from other Frontwing games. (Pure Girl and Innocent Girl.) Talk about a cash grab, lol.

I'm not really interested in this at all. (Especially if all you get in terms of H is one scene per heroine that's 100 lines... That's pretty darn short.) If it had like 4-5 scenes per heroine, I might have considered it, but... Yeah.

Edited by Dergonu
I can't even sometimes

Unfortunately they make what sells... I lolled hard when I got to know that Valve is preparing its own digital card game, aka "Artifacts". Card games are popular, and so are, within their niche, Huniepop clones.

About the requirements... I mean, Core 2 Duo? That could have been a hurdle 10 years ago.

30 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Unfortunately they make what sells... I lolled hard when I got to know that Valve is preparing its own digital card game, aka "Artifacts". Card games are popular, and so are, within their niche, Huniepop clones.

About the requirements... I mean, Core 2 Duo? That could have been a hurdle 10 years ago.

I don't think anybody would've cared about this release had it not been for the Sayori art. People on r/vns seemed to only be interested in the game for that alone.

22 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I don't think anybody would've cared about this release had it not been for the Sayori art. People on r/vns seemed to only be interested in the game for that alone.

Well, even if HuniePop clones sell well, you've got to give some incentive to get this specific game. ;)

It's fast food for Youtubers, covering this type of game.

EDIT: There's more Sayori exploitation incoming: https://vndb.org/v20526

Edited by Okarin

16 minutes ago, Okarin said:

EDIT: There's more Sayori exploitation incoming: https://vndb.org/v20526

Quite sad that Sayori is focusing on these kinds of VN hybrids with short scenes, really like her art so it would be nice if she released more full lenght VNs.

Edited by bakauchuujin

15 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Quite sad that Sayori is focusing on these kinds of VN hybrids with short scenes, really like her art so it would be nice if she released more full lenght VNs.

I'm curious about this Ponkotsu Akuma VN, may give it a try, depends on the price because I've got several to choose from. This time 18+ because it actually seems to have sex that interests me.

2 minutes ago, Okarin said:

I'm curious about this Ponkotsu Akuma VN, may give it a try, depends on the price because I've got several to choose from. This time 18+ because it actually seems to have sex that interests me.

I have both it and the fandisc in japanese so atleast I don't have to pay SP to get it. Haven't started playing it yet though so I can't really say anything about the quality.

19 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Well uhh she was looking for a writer for a dark themed VN but dunno if that ever got anywhere

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Well, at least this has original art, unlike Purino Party, which was quite literally just CGs ripped from other Frontwing games. (Pure Girl and Innocent Girl.) Talk about a cash grab, lol..

Unlike HuniePot (makers of HuniePop) and Tentacle Games (makers of Tropical Liquor), Frontwing has an extensive library of games and they can simply refer back to them instead of having to create new theming. The major complaints I've read about Purino Party is how the gameplay is inconsistent in terms of difficulty (either being too hard or too easy) and the story that accompanies it doesn't make sense.

Spoiler

I've played both Pure Girl and Innocent Girl and I can safety comment that Frontwing really stripped out a lot of story from the actual VN (especially Innocent Girl). Some of the VN portions after the initial gameplay really feel as if Frontwing randomly thought of something to match the CG prize at the end. At the same time though, they tried too hard to recreate the personalities of all the girls in the game and the personalities from Pure Girl turned away 1/2 of the potential customers at first glance.

At least, Tropical Liquor now has a favorable rating on Steam.

Just now, WorldofAI said:

Unlike HuniePot (makers of HuniePop) and Tentacle Games (makers of Tropical Liquor), Frontwing has an extensive library of games and they can simply refer back to them instead of having to create new theming.

I mean, it's lazy as hell though, don't you think? Instead of making a new setting, they just take CGs from games they have made in the past, and throw on some cheap, random dialogue. It's not even close to the actual games in terms of quality. (Well, I have only played Pure Girl myself, and not Innocent Girl, but I can tell it's handled as poorly as the Pure Girl heroines just by glancing at it.)

They don't even use the good H-scene CGs, but mostly random CGs from the games where the girls are naked, to add insult to injury. :P

Truly the definition of a cash grab.