ChuSinGura 46+1 Kickstarter comes out of nowhere (with added Engrish and sketchyness)

Zenophilious

3 hours ago, Silvz said:

What surprises me the most is how someone gave 1,1 thousand. Seriously, with this money he could pay someone to make the physical stuff and he'd have like a thousand in change

I mean, who HAS a thousand dollars to spare?

Probably people who've got their lives together. You know, with a job and shit. :Kappa:

36 minutes ago, Ningen said:

Probably people who've got their lives together. You know, with a job and shit. :Kappa:

Indeed, but I wouldn't waste 1k $ on that anyway. Hobbies actually got a limit. Seriously my wallet screamed in agony when I bought a Saber figure for 170$. And then the tariff and VAT came too which I forgot. The saltiness when I picked up the delivery. RIP.

1 hour ago, SilverLi said:

Indeed, but I wouldn't waste 1k $ on that anyway. Hobbies actually got a limit. Seriously my wallet screamed in agony when I bought a Saber figure for 170$. And then the tariff and VAT came too which I forgot. The saltiness when I picked up the delivery. RIP.

Yeah, a thousand dollars is quite a lot for a VN even if you have a job. But the Muv-Luv Kickstarter was really crazy in that regard. More than a hundred people backed more than 800 dollars and almost twenty even backed several thousand dollars. It's still hard to believe just how many people were willing to spend so much money for a VN.

Well if you ask me who will give 1,000 for this Kickstarter, I think it's still believeable compared to some people who spent around 3,000 a month for Fate Grand Order (And almost bankrupt because of it) and we also had the real life figurine with the price of around 20,000. So I think it's depend on the people I supposed.

Anyway, I think since Dergonu here mentioned about the possibility project funded if we had 15 people backed 10,000 each, I think 10,000 ws quite a big number if I said to myself. And if I had that kind amount of money, let's just said I'd rather buy a new laptop and use the rest of money for something more useful in the future instead of donate it. But maybe out there some people would be willing to give 10,000 though.

Oh, and for more slight update the gathered money was still not touching 10,000 yet as of now.

the newest update, What the fuck

her almost spear-sized naginata

Again they are proving they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

A spear-sized naginata, oh really?

A naginata is a pole weapon with a sword blade at the top.

The thing Shinpachi uses is a long sword.

That`s either called Oodachi or Nodachi

That's like not knowing the difference between a good and a bad kickstarter :Kappa:

5 minutes ago, Xavier12 said:

the newest update, What the fuck

Again they are proving they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

A spear-sized naginata, oh really?

A naginata is a pole weapon with a sword blade at the top.

The thing Shinpachi uses is a long sword.

That`s either called Oodachi or Nodachi

That's like not knowing the difference between a good and a bad kickstarter :Kappa:

To be honest, I'd be surprised if they made a GOOD update :miyako: 

The hilariously bad ones are not at all a surprise anymore. 

Just now, Xavier12 said:

How about one, saying the kickstarter is cancelled. :wahaha:

Well that would be wonderful news :sachi: 

... Unless they follow it up by "We have learned a lot, and will launch a third kickstarter!"

That would give me nightmares. :marie: 

They called it a 'fishing pole' sized naginata in the picture.

They should lose the 'spear size' and 'fishing pole size' descriptors. Just describe it as a polearm and be done with it, everybody knows what one of those are. Ignoring that a naginata is pretty much just a glaive, and they could describe it like that if they wish.

But it IS technically spear-sized - it's just a horrid, HORRID descriptor. Don't know why it's 'almost' spear-sized either ... 

Ohhhh, you guys are saying the 'powers that be' have confused the nodachi for a naginata. Well, that WOULD be very stupid of them, but have they really done that? While she is pictured wearing only 2 swords, you’d really have to have played the game to know - just because she isn’t pictured wielding one doesn’t mean she doesn’t wield one. From the description provided she’s a samurai, and samurais tend to use a naginata, a bow, a katana ... another shorter sword. So we'll need someone who's played the game to solve this mystery (unless you've played it in Japanese?)

So would anyone who’s played the game like to confirm or reject this colossal stuff up? 

She uses a longsword. I don't remember it perfectly anymore since it's been ages since I played the game, but I do remember everyone being surprised that she wielded a longer-than-normal sword with one hand. When she gets serious, she switches to using both hands:

mwcLLZX.jpg

Here the protag uses the word "naginata," but I guess it means more literally just "a long katana," about the length of a fishing rod:

iuksmmY.jpg

Call it whatever you want though, it's a long sword she normally uses with one hand which is surprising, and when serious goes to 2 hands.

5 minutes ago, Xavier12 said:

Thanks for the pictures, but that's not a naginata, lol.

Please look up how a Naginata looks.

I know, it's entirely different to the wiki. So not a naginata, even though it says 長刀, it'll just mean exactly what it says, a long katana. I guess that's where the page went wrong? They must have just seen the word.

7 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

She uses a naginata. I don't remember it perfectly anymore since it's been ages since I played the game, but I do remember everyone being surprised that she wielded a longer-than-normal sword with one hand. When she gets serious, she switches to using both hands:

mwcLLZX.jpg

Here the protag specifically calls it a naginata about the length of a fishing rod:

iuksmmY.jpg

Call it whatever you want though, it's a long sword she normally uses with one hand which is surprising, and when serious goes to 2 hands.

pretty sure thats an Ōdachi, not a naginata lol

1 minute ago, Kawasumi said:

pretty sure thats an Ōdachi, not a naginata lol

Yeah, fine, just saying the word naginata is used many times throughout interactions with her, so they could've seen the text and gotten it from that, without the visuals showing otherwise.

31 minutes ago, Xavier12 said:

I guess the japanese description said something like spear-sized sword and they were like "that's a naginata"

Fair enough, but I really hope they don't describe it like that. The sword she's using probably has about a low to mid 30 inch blade, longer than a katana, probably equal to a standard long sword, but smaller than even a small spear. And that's ignoring that spears vary in size and can be quite a few metres long.

24 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

The idea of using a longsword in one hand isn't unusual, there's instruction texts which refer to one-handed usage and so on. Lots of art work also. It's surprising cause she's so short (lol,) and because of the way Japanese blades are made - they're both heavier and feel heavier (because more weight is in the blade.) It shouldn't be so shocking, but I guess it is because of the nature of her and the blade. 

But I'm getting the feeling the writers didn't research their weapons very much. Or the translators are terrible. Or both.

Ah here we go. I went the route of extracting all of her text in the game and then looking for 刀 references. I found this line:

「いいかしら? この子、わっちの太刀をまともに食らってるのに躱そうともしないのよ?」[p]

So she calls her sword a tachi right there, but that's the only one. It's either just 刀 or 長い刀 everywhere else.

Here's the original Japanese character description.

Wqc7KLc.png

It does indeed say Naginata (長刀) in the Japanese description.

But this Naginata means longs sword in here.

If you look it up in a decent dictionary Naginata can also mean long sword.

To distinguish those two meanings the "real" Naginata is nowadays only written as 薙刀.

If you want to read about this in-depth, try the Japanese Wikipedia.

In the West Naginata means only the Halberd-like thing.

This is why direct translations don't work.

On a side note, they didn't remove Shinpachi's protruding nipple, the Vita Version removed that.

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Well that would be wonderful news :sachi: 

... Unless they follow it up by "We have learned a lot, and will launch a third kickstarter!"

That would give me nightmares. :marie: 

Then they'd launch the Kickstarter again with one tier changed and even worse engrish.

pretty sure they´ll look into finding more potential sponsors for try doing it regardless of its (doomed)campaign, as they dont seem to be giving up on their license(?) without a fight, regrettably so