Rewrite gets an anime adaptation

Down

8-bit makes me worried, but I will remain naively optimistic about the whole thing.

My worry is that they will only give it thirteen episodes and just flub it all up. Sure, a lot of that common route could use some chopping down, but thirteen episodes is way too short of a time frame to include all the shit in there.

Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck Pleasedon'tsuck

Seeing the staff and the studio, and seeing how the grisaia adaptation turned out, I'm really perplex... I wonder if they are going to use a format similar to the Grisaia series (3x 12ep). Or the Little Busters format (24ep + 12ep). The Little Busters format would make the most sense, granted that they separate the timelines of each route...

What would make the most sense would be to have the story start with Moon route, with a Kotarou who reminisces the different heroine routes as he explores the Moon world route. And when he's done reminiscing, get to the end of Moon and after Terra.

Considering Rewrite's exceptional nature, I doubt they're going to take the normal VN anime approach by animating one route and just kinda making everything else happen (Example: Clannad). I do hope they take a Higurashi like approach, animating every route at a time. I know this will likely mean it's gonna take quite a lot of time, but Goddamn it it's friggin Rewrite guys, don't mess this up  :sachi:

(also whydahell do we not have any Rewrite emote. I demand justice be done to best VN of all time!)