Rewrite gets an anime adaptation

Down

Rise your standards tiago you are better than that  :vinty:

Fool!

I'm absolutely sure I enjoy myself much more than you do (Disclaimer: As in, I can enjoy more things than you. I can enjoy the bad things. Etc. etc.). And that's all because I have low standards. Now this is living the good life. You should try it, sometime.

That's the reason why I'm almost positive I'll like this Rewrite adaptation. Adaptations in particular are really hard to ruin for me unless they don't actually animate anything from the original material.

KyoAni's adaptations are probably the only thing that could ever lead me to experience in a way or another a Key work in its entirety. I just trust them that much to be good at what they're doing. Usually clinging to studio names to judge a work isn't the right thing to do but in their case it works.

Nosebleed > massively sick and actually diseased according to his doctor > browsing Fuwanovel.

Go to bed please before you get more sick.

What am I supposed to do while I'm sick?

At least let me dump salt on Fuwanovel.

I think not watching half a bazillion episodes of an anime every day helps, but maybe that's just me.

It's not really that, I'm talking in terms of how many anime you've seen.

When you start, you tend to like most things, but eventually, even if you want to keep your standards that low, you'll likely hit a cap where the same stuff doesn't entertain you anymore. This is perfectly natural, you can't expect the same exact things to entertain you continuously  if they're not inovative in any way.

That's usually how it goes for most things.

Didn't your parents tell you that if you eat pizza everyday you'll get tired of it eventually? That's sort of the same thing as this.

There's only so many VN adaptations you can see before you start thinking they're average/bad, the only variable is how many.

It's not really that, I'm talking in terms of how many anime you've seen.

When you start, you tend to like most things, but eventually, even if you want to keep your standards that low, you'll likely hit a cap where the same stuff doesn't entertain you anymore. This is perfectly natural, you can't expect the same exact things to entertain you continuously  if they're not inovative in any way.

That's usually how it goes for most things.

Didn't your parents tell you that if you eat pizza everyday you'll get tired of it eventually? That's sort of the same thing as this.

There's only so many VN adaptations you can see before you start thinking they're average/bad, the only variable is how many.

Yes. That's the problem. If I eat pizza every day, sure. But I don't eat pizza everyday. I eat it every week. You, on the other hand, eat it 24 times a day. No wonder you'd get sick of it.

Even if I had watched as much anime as you, my pace is entirely different, so I wouldn't get sick of them.

I watch in bursts. Usually not too much at any one time. It's not the amount of anime total, it's the amount of anime at a time that helps decide whether something gets stale.

You'd watch 7 different average anime a week.

I'd watch one.

After a year you get sick. I don't.

Presumably, the point you're trying to make is that I'll get sick "eventually", but since your pace is different, your testimony is unreliable, and I have no further evidence to lead me to the conclusion that I'll eventually get sick of it.

Antics aside, Tiago is just a massive Key bum who bashes/insults anyone who thinks it does anything remotely wrong. We all saw his rage at solidbatman's review. Ironic, considering how condescending he acts towards others on this forum with his posts.

Just my own thought. Aside from that, this anime won't be good.

Deep Blue, on 26 Sept 2015 - 1:16 PM, said:Deep Blue, on 26 Sept 2015 - 1:16 PM, said:

..... and clannad well after story is actually good but the first part was awful so I can't say clannad is the exception :(

You actually perfered the VN over the anime? God for me It was a chore to finish most of Clannad's routes, there was just soo much bullshit and tangential story lines. 

Yes. That's the problem. If I eat pizza every day, sure. But I don't eat pizza everyday. I eat it every week. You, on the other hand, eat it 24 times a day. No wonder you'd get sick of it.

Even if I had watched as much anime as you, my pace is entirely different, so I wouldn't get sick of them.

I watch in bursts. Usually not too much at any one time. It's not the amount of anime total, it's the amount of anime at a time that helps decide whether something gets stale.

You'd watch 7 different average anime a week.

I'd watch one.

After a year you get sick. I don't.

Presumably, the point you're trying to make is that I'll get sick "eventually", but since your pace is different, your testimony is unreliable, and I have no further evidence to lead me to the conclusion that I'll eventually get sick of it.

I wonder, I really find it hard, even if with a slow pacing, to watch the same average anime every time.

I have slowed down a lot when it comes to watching anime, I watch maybe 1 or 2 a month now, yet my standards are still the way they are, because I want to watch something that excites me, not something painfully average that I've already seen in the past over and over.

Given that I've watched almost 600 anime, I would say that, regardless of pacing, I would still find anime adaptations like Little Busters to be average, because I've just seen so many anime that pull the same tricks.

I applaud you for enjoying these painfully average shows, but I still do believe that you'll eventually crave for something a bit better, just because you'll saturate yourself if all you do is watch the same average stuff, no matter the pacing.

I also think that, in this particular case, unless they do multiple seasons, the anime will be extremly chopped up, which will make it hard to defend as enjoyable.

Antics aside, Tiago is just a massive Key bum who bashes/insults anyone who thinks it does anything remotely wrong. We all saw his rage at solidbatman's review. Ironic, considering how condescending he acts towards others on this forum with his posts.

Just my own thought. Aside from that, this anime won't be good.

Why yes I am. I am also a Grisaia bum. And I'll bash anyone who dislikes the stuff I like; like any good internet denizen. Were you expecting anything else? I exterminate inferior vermin, preferably, as condescendingly as possible.

Solidbatman's review had more than enough fuel for me to throw a couple of lit matches at it. If it's controversial I might just want to stick my foot in it and enliven the fire.

Please continue to expect nothing but insults and bashing from me. I might come to surprise you when I have a fever and say worthwhile things.

But I stand by my statements. I have a knack for enjoying average-bad stuff. Why not brag about it.

And because I'm never off-topic :sachi: :

I don't actually expect them to pull Rewrite off as a good adaptation. Mostly because I can't even picture how they could possibly adapt more than one route unless they do each and every one of them by restarting over. And that takes time I don't think will exist.

Should be interesting to see how they construct it. It depends how many episodes they will devote to it I guess.

My thought for the likely layout? Common route over X amount of episodes, then they devote 2 - 3 episodes per route -  "rewinding" to that endpoint of the common route for each heroine (like how Yosuga no Sora handled it).

And finally Terra as separate season. Moon would probably fit in at the end of the 1st season - or start of the second, as a single episode.

Tiagofvarela: But I stand by my statements. I have a knack for enjoying average-bad stuff. Why not brag about it.

You know, the more things in this world that you can enjoy - the better life is, right? Who wants to be unhappy about every little thing? Good on you mate. ;)

You actually perfered the VN over the anime? God for me It was a chore to finish most of Clannad's routes, there was just soo much bullshit and tangential story lines.

yes, the vn was awesome (still is) and the anime was garbage because it mixed all the routes into 1 even cutting kapei's route and changing many important things of the plot, leaving all that aside it's a good vn if you like slice of life and silly comedy and I love that I can understand why someone wouldn't like it.

Should be interesting to see how they construct it. It depends how many episodes they will devote to it I guess.

My thought for the likely layout? Common route over X amount of episodes, then they devote 2 - 3 episodes per route -  "rewinding" to that endpoint of the common route for each heroine (like how Yosuga no Sora handled it).

And finally Terra as separate season. Moon would probably fit in at the end of the 1st season - or start of the second, as a single episode.

You know, the more things in this world that you can enjoy - the better life is, right? Who wants to be unhappy about every little thing? Good on you mate. ;)

Moon could be a good finale for

Deep Blue, on 26 Sept 2015 - 2:43 PM, said:

yes, the vn was awesome (still is) and the anime was garbage because it mixed all the routes into 1 even cutting kapei's route and changing many important things of the plot, leaving all that aside it's a good vn if you like slice of life and silly comedy and I love that I can understand why someone wouldn't like it.

Well it isn't like I hated it, over all I enjoyed the visual novel. It just felt like some routes served no point at all and others were forcibly inflated to pad out the run time. The reason why I perfered the anime adaptation is because it streamlined the VN and trimed off alot of the excess fat of the original narrative. Like you said though, it probably just comes down to a difference in taste.