Least liked protagonist?

Rabbit

Yuuji shouldn't even be on this list. Just because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't make him a bad protag.

But then again the name of the thread was not bad protagonists. He is a better protag than most of the bland motherfuckers in visual novels. Still don't like him.

Yuuji is alright, love his snarky remarks, but it is a damn shame he has never come across the word "compassion" in a single one of all those books he reads.

Muv Luv Extra's Takeru far and away takes the cake. Keeps hitting Sumika, acts denser than mercury, completely uninteresting, a pathetic excuse of a person (but damn son, he does improve like hell in Alternative)

kind of suprized to see the amount of times that yuuij gets mentioned.

Altough i kind of agree with people. He is a pretty big asshole and moron when it comes to human interaction.

Personally i really cant stand takeru from the muv luv series.

The amount of times i just wanted to punch his face in...ARGGH just talking about him makes my blood boil.

kind of suprized to see the amount of times that yuuij gets mentioned.

Altough i kind of agree with people. He is a pretty big asshole and moron when it comes to human interaction.

Personally i really cant stand takeru from the muv luv series.

The amount of times i just wanted to punch his face in...ARGGH just talking about him makes my blood boil.

*brofist*

I'd rather hate on all the passive aggressive protagonists with no intrinsic personality than hate on a "douchebag" protagonist that acts on their own accord and follows what they believe is right for them.

I just feel like the latter at the very least provides a more lively story. But maybe that's just me.

Yuuiji is probably my favorite protagonist personally.

You know what's my most hated protag?

The hetare protag. 

He comes with many names, and ruins many games. Sometimes you get a glimpse of his face, but it's useless- he's a master of changing appearance, and often he doesn't even have facial features. He also seems to like having tsunderes to push him around, making any game where this guy appears a mass of incredible frustration that I cannot read. 

I agree with this ^ :P

Surprisingly enough, I can't think of any protagonist I've ever disliked. The closest would probably be

Takumi chaos;head

but even then, I haven't finished the visual novel (hardly even started, Chapter 1 still). And it's not like I hate him, I just don't like him.

I could add Majikoi MC too. He's great in the first part of the game, but then he just becomes a ridiculous brainless sex beast.

More or less agreed though. Anywhere outside of bed and he's my favourite. Unfortunately, the latter part of the routes are spent there... (And Majikoi S, dammit, it's mostly just this, tsk)

Yuuji is actually one of my favorite protagonists of all times. Gets into top 10. 

You don't read Grisaia for the heroines, screw them. It's all about Yuuji. 

Agreed. Maybe it's because I kinda see things his way, but people call him uncompassionate and a jerk, but I never honestly thought that at all. Most of the time I find myself agreeing with his sound logic.

Makoto is the epithome of an awful protagonist. I'm still wondering whether he was made like that on purpose, but it's really, really difficult to feel sympathetic for him. I'd say that everything evil that happens within the story is only his own goddamn fault. I also agree with hetare protagonists and this preety much sums everything up.

Yuuiji is actually an interesting character. Not sure why so many people shun Rance, though. His personality is played for laughs and it's especially relevant to everyone familiar with heroic low fantasy.

well if we don't count rance in then... my honest answer is azai from g senjo no maou, i get that he becomes a better person by the end, and he has his own reasons for being the way he is but ffs i wanted to strangle him every 5 god dam minutes most of the game, also tomoyo... kind of a dick

^Oh yeah. Azai Kyousuke is probably my #1 least liked / dislike / hated protag if I'm counting what he does to the heroines in the bad ends  <_<

Huh, seriously?

I liked him better in those. I think he's actually incredibly kind of boring without that aspect of his personality.