Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Finally caught up on Owari no Seraph, and I'm probably going to drop it. The cliche is just too strong with this one. I also checked out the manga a bit, and I don't care for the BL undertones, so that's just more reason for me not to bother. I won't be surprised if it gets a high rating on MAL, though.

Out of likes but this, this is truth. 

So we can control demons, but man, those vampires just are unstoppable. 

Out of likes but this, this is truth. 

So we can control demons, but man, those vampires just are unstoppable. 

why would we need to control demons to kill vampires.

Just use a laser to engrave the entire goshpel on the inside of a bullett, then add a pinch of silver dust on the inside.

...Did the latest Gintama episode is just for the sake of hyping next ep... trolltama strikes again...

Finally caught up on Owari no Seraph, and I'm probably going to drop it. The cliche is just too strong with this one. I also checked out the manga a bit, and I don't care for the BL undertones, so that's just more reason for me not to bother. I won't be surprised if it gets a high rating on MAL, though.

WIT Studio + Sawano = instant watch for eyegasmic eargasms. Don't even bother with the story.

why would we need to control demons to kill vampires.

Just use a laser to engrave the entire goshpel on the inside of a bullett, then add a pinch of silver dust on the inside.

But silver is for werewolves.  :michiru:

Just make a bunch of garlic powder and sprinkle it over the earth instead. 

...Did the latest Gintama episode is just for the sake of hyping next ep... trolltama strikes again...

I'm really not sure if they're actually going to introduce something serious or if they're just trolling hard.

I did hear that some of the serious arcs are going to be adapted in this season of Gintama so one can hope.

Though I wouldn't hope for anything related to the Joi war yet as that's not even in the manga.

Also I'm surprised by the amount of people that didn't get the "Kuronoko no Tasuke" reference.

WIT Studio + Sawano = instant watch for eyegasmic eargasms. Don't even bother with the story.

...Sawano is on it? I didn't notice lol.

In any case, the show really isn't eyegasmic so far - except of course for Studio Pablo's backgrounds. The best animated part was Kou Yoshinari's first part of ep 5 and that still looked very awkward because apparently nobody can in-between his stuff correctly, lol.

I'm really not sure if they're actually going to introduce something serious or if they're just trolling hard.

I did hear that some of the serious arcs are going to be adapted in this season of Gintama so one can hope.

Though I wouldn't hope for anything related to the Joi war yet as that's not even in the manga.

Also I'm surprised by the amount of people that didn't get the "Kuronoko no Tasuke" reference.

oh i totally got it.  I love kuroko no basuke, so i was laughing my ass off the entire time.  I knew when he said "generation of miracles" it was going to be kurokotastic.  It sounded like the actual voice actor too when he spoke the one time in the episode.  Then again he's probably also on gintama.  

And i'm also an avid irl sports fan, so i likely watch more sports anime than your average weeb

oh i totally got it.  I love kuroko no basuke, so i was laughing my ass off the entire time.  I knew when he said "generation of miracles" it was going to be kurokotastic.  It sounded like the actual voice actor too when he spoke the one time in the episode.  Then again he's probably also on gintama.  

And i'm also an avid irl sports fan, so i likely watch more sports anime than your average weeb

Yes the voice actor was confirmed to be Kensho Ono (it's subtly inserted in the credits) so you weren't just hearing things.

6 episodes into Nisekoi 2 and Haru is still nowhere to be seen (well she did make a cameo in the last episode)

Thanks based Shaft for hyping her up by plastering her all over the opening sequence and then never showing her in the actual episodes.

6 episodes into Nisekoi 2 and Haru is still nowhere to be seen (well she did make a cameo in the last episode)

Thanks based Shaft for hyping her up by plastering her all over the opening sequence and then never showing her in the actual episodes.

Yui pls

Well, I've decided to move away from FFF. They're usually not too slow, so I thought it'd be a safe bet to go with them, but I guess that isn't the case for Danmachi. It's against my policy to wait more than one week for fansubs, so Horriblesubs it is then!

Danmachi:

Almost went too far in its stupidity with that asleep Wallenstein shenanigan. Lili still and forever best girl though and I'm genuinely curious about what's going to happen.

I suppose we should always half-expect these kinds of developments in LN adaptions, but it's still kinda irksome. Oh well. Lili is indeed adding a lot to this series, and I'd love to see more development like this from her. She has such a heartfelt story and a very likable personality. Considering how her development phase was only 2 episodes, I thought it handled considerably well. I've heard some LN readers saying it was more emotional in the anime than it was in the source, and I'm inclined to believe them. Personally though, I don't think the series will go much further with Lili's development. I pray that I'm wrong about this, but I have a nasty hunch telling me that there won't be any addition focus on her character since she's not listed as a main in any rendition of the work. But if the fans love Lili enough to buy numerous figures of her and whatnot, she may get an OVA or two.