Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Still though, despite the rushed set up, I find the whole show quite charming in its own way. I mean, come on, animal girls doing cute things and playing music, what's not to like.

Oh absolutely, I just wish we got more time with all the cute animal girls in the other bands. I absolutely love the ending theme though, or at least the video for it. The 3D animation for the show is just spot-on. I've never really thought of anything 3D-animated as being 'adorable' since 3D animation tends to give it a kind of polygonal plastic look, but the 3D chibi animals from this are absolutely 100% adorable. I don't know how Sanrio did it but they really aced the 3D in this show.

I'm kind of curious about Jewelpet Change, but I want to go back and watch the other Jewelpet shows first before I try to dive into the newest one.

I'm such a fan of the Mikagura Gakuen series, I really am, and I'm having fun with the anime for the most part because of that, but the animation during the battles.... jesus fucking christ:

lvxg8l8.png

hhVNXr9.png

LUB1DxU.png

And this is how her face looks like normally, outside of battle sequences:

YNVmqiw.png

I don't know how to feel about Houkago no Pleiades, it's not terrible, but I don't feel any sense of purpose to it existing either, I just don't know exactly what to expect from it and on top of that it's not really giving me much reason to cheer for the characters so far.

This is quite literally the definition of "meh".

It reminds me of when I watched Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu and that sure turned out fucking horrible, at least this one hasn't gotten that bad, but not good either.

Also, I know one shouldn't do this, but the laws of physics in the show are so all over the place...

What's wrong with goddesses? 

It's nothing really wrong, it's just the fact that i'm constantly reminded she's a goddess also reminds me that she's also hundreds of years old, and not a short 13-18 year old with huge tits. And yes, that is a huge age gap for a strike zone, but rest assured, i would only be a criminal if i'm ever to be teleported to the 2d world. :scottsune:

I tried Kekkai Sensen and Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo. 

Kekkai Sensen is really weird and the alien theme is kinda a turn-off for me so I prob won't be continuing. 

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo is not spectacular but won me over with it's cuteness so I will continue for now. 

I just can't help but laugh my ass off everytime i hear Yeeart!!!! in Ninja Slayer lol  :wahaha: brings back some nice memories of inferno cop. Should go ahead and watch that again. 

tumblr_nndr8c3FpF1tx45yjo1_500.jpg

Kekkai Sensen is better than i thought it would be. Looks beautiful and entertaining enough for me to continue watching. 

Punchline has actually become pretty decent. The first episode was pretty bad tbh but the other eps so far have made up for it. Less nosebleeds makes it much more watchable. 

Out of every single Imouto character in existence, I have to say Komachi really is at the top of best little sister characters. Her character isn't just a generic "I love my Onii-chan" trope, she actually is relevant to the story and has her own distinct personality and traits that make her act more unpredictably and she actually likes like a real life sister as opposed to an idealized version of one. I wish more shows would take notes on how to make a great sister character.

Finally a Yuki centered episode. This is what i wanted from the start.

I've started to grow more accustomed to Nagato Yuki-chan and its atmosphere.

Seems like Haruhi will be her love rival huh, i wonder how this will turn out. I guess you could say i'm enjoying the series after finally getting used to it, i just hope Haruhi doesn't steal the spotlight much.

I haven't really watched anything this season so far (even though there are a lot I want to watch) and to start it off I picked My Romantic Teen Comedy SNAFU TOO!. I really enjoyed the first season and the art is gorgeous this one. Other than that I have watched Plastic memories and of coarse plan to watch many more.

Does Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku get any darker, cause right now it's just too bland for my enjoyment. 

It seems to be definitely on the comedy side, to be honest. The 'serious' Dogakobo show this season is PlaMemo.

Does Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku get any darker, cause right now it's just too bland for my enjoyment. 

The series is a bit rushed, they seem to be adapting each character arc every episode and following the music series' structure (there's 11 songs) which leaves most of the sadness and seriousness out.

This last episode was Yuuto's arc and the story between him and his brother is kinda sad but the show solved it pretty much instantly.

So I guess I'd say don't expect darkness from it, it'll mostly be on the comedic side, although there's some more interesting and slightly more serious character arcs up ahead but I can't fanthom how well they'll be adapted so your guess is as good as mine.

I like the comedic Doga Kobo more than the serious Doga Kobo so this is right up my alley, albeit for the meh animation.