Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Caught up on Nagato Yuki-chan and I think they're doing a really good job with it so far.

Now part of that may be do to the fact that I'm 100% on team KyonxHaruhi and am not as fond of Nagato's character in this.  Also Koizumi,  I hate him in this. 

Nagato was really adorable this episode, glad to see the attention shifting to her in the end, I!ve taken a liking to this series now, it was worth putting up with the transition period, it's actually quite enjoyable.

vXhZUQQ.gif

Hope this dude gets hit by traffic

DxD really is the only series that manages to steadily grow a harem.

It's really adorable to see Koneko open up to Issei this much that she sits on him.

Remember back in season 1 where she hated his guts? She sure came a long way.

I really ship Asia with Issei though, I can never get enough of the two together and it's nice to see they now sleep in the same bed~

Okay... so I'm adding DanMachi to my watch list. So much for me keeping it to a few this season. :amane: I'll be following FFF for this series, so expect me to be 1 ep behind all you guys for about half the week (currently on 5).

It's been a fairly interesting show to watch so far, and I think Hestia's pretty cute. The RPG-like mechanics are implemented well in this series and the explanations of said mechanics are definitely sufficient. The only thing I'm not too sure on are the crystals those monsters drop. It's possible I may have missed a detail or two due to my ADD, but did the anime ever explain what they were for?

Am I the only one watching Baby Steps? It started off pretty slow in the first season, picked up a bit, and now it's slown down again. There's finally some romance development though, so I'll take it.

Okay... so I'm adding DanMachi to my watch list. So much for me keeping it to a few this season. :amane: I'll be following FFF for this series, so expect me to be 1 ep behind all you guys for about half the week (currently on 5).

It's been a fairly interesting show to watch so far, and I think Hestia's pretty cute. The RPG-like mechanics are implemented well in this series and the explanations of said mechanics are definitely sufficient. The only thing I'm not too sure on are the crystals those monsters drop. It's possible I may have missed a detail or two due to my ADD, but did the anime ever explain what they were for?

Adventurers exchange those crystals for currency IIRC.

Oops, I didn't quite phrase that the way I should have. What I meant to ask was what the crystals are used for and why they were being traded for currency.

Ah, sorry. They haven't mentioned that in the anime yet, and I haven't gotten around to the LNs so I can't say.

Cyan and Retoree made up, the world can rest in peace now.

Glad to see everyone's getting along now more than ever, I'm looking forward to the songs they can come up with.

We finally know the "evil" plot going on behind the scenes, and it's just as cheesy as one would expect. 

Next episode seems like we'll be having some more fighting which will be nice to see and the guys will be involved in it too, this can only go well.

I've caught up on Hibike.  If you asked me to explain why it's amazing (aside from beautiful animation) I couldn't really tell you, I can just say that it is. 

Also, Yamada-kun continues to be adorable and Plastic Memories continues to be the best feels I've had in a while.

Owari on the other hand, has passed the point of no return on mediocrity. 

I really liked this episode of Hibike, the way they develop the characters and showcase how they connect to the band and music in general is really brilliant.

Mikagura Gakuen is quite rushed, it seems like they'll follow the same formula Mekakucity Actors did and adapt each character's arc in one episode, quite a shame but that's what limited time slots do to you.

Looks like we're finally getting some Otone next episode though. I've waited long for this!

Oregairu is probably my favorite of this season so far. The development and art is gorgeous in my opinion. Arslan Senki and UBW are close but not there quite yet. I still have really high hopes about Arslan Senki. I love these kind of animes.

Plastic Memories are not delivering what I thought it would. I don't get the attaching story and feelings I thought. Something is missing. I may be a heartless bastard but this anime still got a lot to prove. 

DanMachi is quite enjoyable too. I like the setting and story so far. 

Plastic Memories are not delivering what I thought it would. I don't get the attaching story and feelings I thought. Something is missing. I may be a heartless bastard but this anime still got a lot to prove. 

I'm feeling the same way. From the ep. 1 I have been waiting it to turn super serious. I like it the way it is, but I feel like it's missing some of it's potential. Though they are hinting towards the inevitable tragedy, but if that's the case I don't think that the build up has been that good. I'm just hoping it will go along my expectations and turns into a heavyweight feels train.

currently watching yamada-kun and 7 witch

i really like this, and not just because there was finally a crystal explanation...

Suddenly Shiraishi has stepped up and shown her power.

I was a little put off by the wish fulfillment aspect from Yamada's point of view (suddently he gets to kiss the busty blonde all he wants,, for science)

but now the scenario's completely flipped:
1) Shiraishi is the source of the swapping power
2) Shiraishi has understood what was happening all along and no doubt will continue to lead
3) Shiraishi kept quiet until she had a reason to explain ... not one to blurt stuff out
4) Shiraishi came this close to knocking Yamada's block off when he made an ungentlemanly insinuation about her motives

So if romance is to bloom (as the OP suggests), it will be a match of equal partners (or more likely with her the slightly senior partner), instead of MC plus trophy.

I like that dynamic so much better it's a great relief, because that was one aspect of a fairly enjoyable series that was irritating.

But best not to overthink it....

wacky magical hijink are bound to accelerate

I know it's probably hopeless but I'm actually kind of wishing for an arc focusing on the Joi war in Gintama.

It probably won't happen, but one can always dream.

Also obvious Kuroko no Basket reference is obvious.

At the very least I'm hoping for a serious arc soon.

Finally caught up on Owari no Seraph, and I'm probably going to drop it. The cliche is just too strong with this one. I also checked out the manga a bit, and I don't care for the BL undertones, so that's just more reason for me not to bother. I won't be surprised if it gets a high rating on MAL, though.