Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

You know I'm pretty pissed at Ufotable for what they did to the UBW chant .......... I mean how the hell could they cut that glorious chant down to just three lines .......... Blasphemy

Archer's been known to do that in the past, actually. 

I feel like this Oregairu season is full of awkward dialogue, way more than last season. Like Hiki can't communicate as well with the girls and vice versa for some unexplainable reason.

I know they just recently fixed some issues but still.

Also RIP Iroha.

I like Punchline more and more as the weeks go.

So I hadn't really caught up with any of the seasonal anime until today, and I have to agree.

I'm liking Punchline more than any of the other shows this season.  Sure there's UBW, but I already read the entire scenario from the VN.  I walked in to Punchline expecting self aware comedy, and I got it.  I wasn't expecting a halfway engaging story to go along with it.  That shift at the end of episode 6 made me scream "what the hell!" at everything that had happened and all that I was thinking about the show.  It's now my most froward looking show of the season, and I was irritated when I saw HS had already uploaded 8 before the release time, so I was actually expecting to continue to 9 today. :vinty: 

As for Kekkai Sensen, I'm not entirely sure why yet, but I'm getting a Cowboy Bebop vibe from it.  It's clearly not even in the same category, but I still get that tingling feeling every once in a while.  Either way, the show is looking up for a teaser for the manga. Here's hoping it gets a second season with the same staff, and doesn't get sold to DEEN.

DxD continues to be DxD, and I'm wondering how they plan on using the last 3 episodes.  I figured that they would do book 9, but I just don't see it happening in 3 episodes unless they chop about a third of it out, which would seriously suck.  I need to go back and reread these parts of DxD, the entire chronology is out of whack in my head currently.  I could swear that some of the stuff is completely out of order. 

Up to Ep.9 of Yahari no Ore no Seishun. Zoku. I like that the characters are being more honest with each other. Though it's a bit awkward at times it's understandable since they were pretty much just going through the motions before and not really interacting with each other the way friends should. Iroha getting rejected at the end will probably introduce some last minute drama right toward the final stretch of the series.

Also finished Ep.8 of Plastic Memories. Part of me thinks that if Terminal Services was given a bigger budget they could do more research concerning the OS for Giftia so that they wouldn't lose all their memories. As things stand it looks like Tsukasa is slowly but surely getting used to the idea of losing Isla so he is doing everything he can for her and making sure that he lives without regrets. Ending was pretty funny, Isla is still pretty afraid of being vulnerable due to the pain that it will cause both of them.

The atmosphere between Kyon and Yuki is really nice.

I know the series won't go anywhere but at least it's heartwarming to see.

Nisekoi... y u do dis Nisekoi... 10 mins of an episode wasted on non canon material. This series already has enough filler as is. *sigh*

What a waste of potential this season has been, I'm hoping they'll make a season 3 considering Shaft's habit of fully adapting long running series.

Nisekoi... y u do dis Nisekoi... 10 mins of an episode wasted on non canon material. This series already has enough filler as is. *sigh*

What a waste of potential this season has been, I'm hoping they'll make a season 3 considering Shaft's habit of fully adapting long running series.

I liked the filler, I was sad when it ended. The second half felt totally out of place, they should have "wasted" the entire episode (or had released an OVA in the first place).

That said Haru's cool enough to come second or third in my list, but I wish there was more Tsugumi.

They should have released Magical Pâtissier Kosaki-chan as an OVA with the spin off manga and not put it in the main series.

I'm not saying it's not fun, it just doesn't belong in the main series, they could have continued off where the episode before left but instead they just adapt this random spin off manga for absolutely no reason.

For a 2nd season that's supposed to introduce Haru as a new girl, they really could not give her worse treatment than what they're doing right now. She has interesting development, especially in the later chapters, but they're really not treating her as main competition in the anime it seems.

Shinbo and Shaft never fail they said.

Its ironic that the anime that i get hyped up most this season is danmachi and punchline. Even though there's things like OreGairu, UBW, DxD, obviously.

For OreGairu, I'm honestly disappointed, mainly cuz Hikitani looks like a frikken casul, this season, and it kinda disappoints me, guess they're leaning towards romance/friendship part more. But we'll see the ending and make conclusions then.

As for UBW, i already read the VN, cuz couldnt take cliffhangerzz. Derp.

DxD is just being DxD. As people said.

Punchline, no comment.

DanMachi, that cliche anime that comes out once or twice a year, that everyone loves, veterans and newbs, but mostly newbs. Becuz it feels not cliche for them. And boobs. Sugoi animation desu, especially oppai animations. Its all that matters.

Shokugeki no Souma. Makes me hungry. Hungry for food and hungry for ecchi.

Gonna marathon nisekoi, owari and the music animuz

Gotta say that this is the first time I've been really disappointed by UBW.  Between the Fate flashbacks, the F/Z flashbacks, the anime original flashbacks, and the standing around and talking instead of combining the action and dialogue properly, the most important scene of UBW hit RuroKen levels of action pacing.

Show by Rock getting dark real fast.

Criticrista's leader might have been a jerk but they didn't deserve such evil treatment.

I wonder what'll happen next, they'll probably turn into dark monsters and get defeated by Cyan and the others.

I also see Criticrista going into BRR after.

Highschool DxD feels rushed.

The latest episode really brought in the feels with Issei going berserk like that, but as many pointed out it seems that the anime is skipping over a lot of details from the light novels which is kind of a shame.

What a great episode of Eupho this was (the best one this far, imo), even with the total lack of yuri. The entire episode I was like "get away from ma shipping, shuuichi"

Eh I thought Reina and Kumiko slapping each other's faces was ship worthy.

But yeah take that guy away from this plot pls.

Also Asuka going all "I don't have time for dis teenage romcom dorama shet" was 10/10

It was kind of sad to see that 3rd Euph girl not pass :(

Eh I thought Reina and Kumiko slapping each other's faces was ship worthy.

But yeah take that guy away from this plot pls.

Also Asuka going all "I don't have time for dis teenage romcom dorama shet" was 10/10

It was kind of sad to see that 3rd Euph girl not pass :(

That beautiful moment lasted for a few seconds, they were worth the week of waiting, but still--want more. 

The episode had many mixed feelings, they were building up a really nice developing for the third child. I was surprised to see her fail.

In all honesty, the chemistry between Reina and Kumiko is really nice, even if the yuri is taken away--it's nice to see those two together.