Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

I haven't seen episode 4 yet, but I have to agree on the point that it is rushing it quite a bit.  They are basically mashing two books together, intertwining the plotlines.  Its really become quite screwed up.  Then again, I can't say that all the changes are bad; the focus on Issei's emotional problems is a major plus in my opinion, because in the books its not highlighted at all, and when he finally does break down you are like "oh right, that happened in the first chapter of the series".

Our only hope is that Rossweiss pulls the ratings up enough that they make a season 4, but realize how they failed season 3.

Agreed. Very rarely do you get a confession before the end of the series. I'm getting a feeling there's probably going to be some sort of relationship drama later on.

Hopefully it will not be like "Say I love you" in which all the drama was caused by characters being brain dead douches.

DxD is mostly just fanservice at this point. I hope the LNs will still stay good

Also I feel like Ore Monogatari will be great

Uhhhh, the fanservice was there in the LN's as well, its just they say "I saw Rias naked" and instead in the anime they show the actual tits.  So far they have been fairly close to the LN believe it or not.  To surprose you even more if you haven't read the LN, this is actually where they start toning down that ecchi nature of Issei quite a bit, and instead focus on serious character progression.

I think I'm going to watch Jewelpets after Show by Rock, Sanrio really is a master of making cute things enjoyable.

Although I will also attribute the success of this to studio Bones.

I can't get enough of Shingan Crimsonz, they're just obnoxiously funny.

Retoree is still best girl, this is the first time a dog girl has managed to sweep me off my feet. 

I wonder what the main plot of this show is going to be in the end, I think this might be longer than 1 cour given Sanrio's track record, I wouldn't mind getting a 52 episode show, I'm really having fun with this. Once again looking forward to next week.

Has anyone watched the first two episodes of Rakuen? If so, how is it? Still undecided if I should watch it now, or wait however long it takes for the next 2 games to be translated.

it is a lot better than the first season, the pacing is much better and that fixed a lot of the issues with the series.

I started watching Shokugeki no Souma. 

I'm mixed at the moment.  I like it cause it can make me laugh, but I laugh at it because it's the absolute stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.  It's basically cooking DBZ.  

Characters like Sanji make cooking cool but this just makes it seem stupid to me. 

I started watching Shokugeki no Souma. 

I'm mixed at the moment.  I like it cause it can make me laugh, but I laugh at it because it's the absolute stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.  It's basically cooking DBZ.  

Characters like Sanji make cooking cool but this just makes it seem stupid to me. 

Really? You've seen 100+ anime and a cooking battle-thon is the stupidest thing you have seen in your life?

Ridiculous is probably a better word but yes.  Just the way the over-hype it and stuff.  

It's cooking, chill bro. 

It's the kind of thing you see all the time in Shounen Jump, even DBZ was over the top when it had comedic moments.

I guess my only recommendation is "get used to it" because this is the kind of humor that makes Shokugeki no Souma what it is.

It's the kind of thing you see all the time in Shounen Jump, even DBZ was over the top when it had comedic moments.

I guess my only recommendation is "get used to it" because this is the kind of humor that makes Shokugeki no Souma.

Or I can drop it and never look back, like I did with Assassination Classroom.  :sachi:

Or I can drop it and never look back, like I did with Assassination Classroom.  :sachi:

If you didn't like Assassination Classroom or Shokugeki no Souma, I don't recommend you check out any show that comes out of Jump again, because they're all pretty much about over the top slapstick comedy (unless they're clearly not comedies).

Well each person has their tastes, I personally find the over the top comedy entertaining, although I wouldn't necessarly say Shokugeki no Souma does it best, but it is pretty entertaining for what it is. I guess you prefer more down to earth stuff instead of ridiculousness.

Shokugeki no Souma is nothing compared to Gintama :makina:

Yes. Very.

Usually here is where I'd insert a picture backing up my point, but ridiculosity is so frequent in anime that instead I'll just point in a random direction.

Considering the kind of thing you tend to like, I'm fairly sure the anime that anime fans talk about are not your thing, but believe me there are a lot of cool and serious anime out there :P

Just watched episode 3 of Show By Rock. I... I think they played the opening of Eye of the Tiger before their song. Weird. I don't know if I'm going to like the 'band of the week' set-up in the long run. Seems like there isn't enough time to get to know all these characters they're throwing at us.

Just watched episode 3 of Show By Rock. I... I think they played the opening of Eye of the Tiger before their song. Weird. I don't know if I'm going to like the 'band of the week' set-up in the long run. Seems like there isn't enough time to get to know all these characters they're throwing at us.

The anime is clearly more aimed at advertising the game so they probably just want to showcase all of them and get done with it.

I was hoping it'll be a longer running Sanrio show but Down already crushed my hopes for that so we'll be lucky if it's 2cour already.

Still though, despite the rushed set up, I find the whole show quite charming in its own way. I mean, come on, animal girls doing cute things and playing music, what's not to like.

Oh, I understand if it dosn't live up to the hype. It certainly isn't anything amazing, but isn't the vast majority of anime ridiculous anyway?

Some are some aren't.  This to me is just ultimately ridiculous. 

If you didn't like Assassination Classroom or Shokugeki no Souma, I don't recommend you check out any show that comes out of Jump again, because they're all pretty much about over the top slapstick comedy (unless they're clearly not comedies).

Well each person has their tastes, I personally find the over the top comedy entertaining, although I wouldn't necessarly say Shokugeki no Souma does it best, but it is pretty entertaining for what it is. I guess you prefer more down to earth stuff instead of ridiculousness.

Shokugeki no Souma is nothing compared to Gintama :makina:

I don't know about down to earth. 

I like stuff like Nichoujou and Milky Holmes.  I like Jump stuff like One Piece.  This just seem a mixture of boring and ridiculous to me. 

I'd say the main difference is Nichijou and maybe even Milky Holmes are more about out of context ridiculousness, they're not excusing a plot, they're just being stupid and Shokugeki no Souma tries to have a plot and excuse the ridiculousness.

I wouldn't call it boring, it's just a bit over the top (pretty normal by anime standards if you ask me), and i find it pretty fun dor what it is, just like assassination classroom is a great manga for me. I found Nichijou more boring half the time, as much as i loved some of its gags, and of course Milky Holmes is one of the dumbest shows on the planet.

I'd say the main difference is Nichijou and maybe even Milky Holmes are more about out of context ridiculousness, they're not excusing a plot, they're just being stupid and Shokugeki no Souma tries to have a plot and excuse the ridiculousness.

I wouldn't call it boring, it's just a bit over the top (pretty normal by anime standards if you ask me), and i find it pretty fun dor what it is, just like assassination classroom is a great manga for me. I found Nichijou more boring half the time, as much as i loved some of its gags, and of course Milky Holmes is one of the dumbest shows on the planet.

Things like Nichijou and Plastic Nee-san had me gasping for air because I couldn't stop laughing.  Milky Holmes was just pleasantly enjoyable. 

But yea, I think it's that it's trying to take itself seriously (and failing IMO) that I object to.