Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Really? I never really considered the cooking aspect to be anything noteworthy in One Piece. I thought of it more as a storytelling utility to bring out the best in Sanji's character (I think he's really cool too). But I wouldn't call the cooking battles in SnS anything laughable, since they can throw out some pretty catchy tidbits about how the food is cooked. I can't say for certain that these informational bits are accurate, but they seem believable. And the way the writer works in a twist with how the meals are prepared are both really interesting and really cool.

Yea, it's not a key point, I was just talking about how they make me feel about cooking in general. 

I literally couldn't stop laughing at the first episodes I watched.  I don't know why, they just seemed so ludicrous, maybe cause they take it so seriously.  Like I've said, I get what they're trying to do, it just doesn't click with me.  

Yea, it's not a key point, I was just talking about how they make me feel about cooking in general. 

I literally couldn't stop laughing at the first episodes I watched.  I don't know why, they just seemed so ludicrous, maybe cause they take it so seriously.  Like I've said, I get what they're trying to do, it just doesn't click with me.

Ah, okay then. No matter how much a series does well at something, it won't appeal to everybody. :P

Were never going to agree on Anime I have my tastes you have yours

I guess not. >.< Well, that's alright, all that matters is that you find it enjoyable. Never let a naysayer convince you otherwise. :)

Ore Monogatari is the standout show of the season for me.  Knights of Sidonia and UBW are giving me about what I expected(not that I think that's a bad thing).  DanMachi is entertaining in a SAO's best hits sort of way.  Plastic Memories is probably a show I won't be able to properly judge until it's over.  Seraph of the End...  I'm still waiting for it to be good, but so far Shinoa's the only thing holding up the show; even Sawano seems subdued here.  Arslan I like, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long haul kind of a show.  Ore Monogatari was the show I had the least expectations for, and yet it's the one I look forward to the most each week at this point.  And I don't even usually like romcoms.

I think they're doing a good job considering they have to work around viewers not having read the Fate route.  Most of the alterations are either additional backstory(which I heard was written by Nasu, but I can't confirm that) or omissions due to the lack of inner monologue(which the Steins;Gate adaptation is just as guilty of).  It's hardly sinning on the level of stuff like Tsukihime, Deen Fate or Grisaia no Kajitsu.

I initially passed Kekkai Sensen as generic action show without even watching a single episode, but after hearing Stray praising it so earnestly I had to try it.

And it's super entertaining, now I regret not trying it earlier. I like the humor and the characters, but the best thing is how the show makes everybody look so cool and in a way that doesn't feel cheesy. I get the "Oh man this is cool" feels all the time. 

I initially passed Kekkai Sensen as generic action show without even watching a single episode, but after hearing Stray praising it so earnestly I had to try it.

And it's super entertaining, now I regret not trying it earlier. I like the humor and the characters, but the best thing is how the show makes everybody look so cool and in a way that doesn't feel cheesy. I get the "Oh man this is cool" feels all the time. 

I just love how unique it is.  It has characterization, feels, action, mystery, and comedy all mixed in and all done so well.   I don't even usually like sci-fi and aliens but this is just a masterpiece.  I also love how they just keep giving you little tid-bits of progression each episode.   Pretty sure it's going to be my favorite this season. 

Seeing Issei power up and completely destroy that pipsqueak and saving Asia felt ungodly good.

Seriously, they really managed to make Diodora a character to spite, when they revealed all that he did back in the first season I was so on edge and pissed, but that makes it all the better when he gets overpowered in 5 seconds.

Good job Oppai Dragon, you're my idol.

Though why did Asia disappear again, I'm getting worried again, seriously give me a break.  :(

Question for those who have read the Fate/stay night and/or Grisaia VN: how do you feel about their current anime adaptations?

I'd say I'm content with both of them. There are some flaws to ufotable's adaptation of the UBW route, but that's just their way of adding some originality (which isn't a bad thing). I was kind of hoping for a faithful adaptation, but it's alright. I'm the kind of person who'll be happy just as long as a favorite VN of mine gets turned into an anime.

In regards to 8-bit's take on Grisaia no Meikyuu and Rakuen, I think they're doing a fantastic job. It's not easy fitting 2 long VNs into 1 cour, half being spent on Meikyuu and the other on Rakuen. Either way, 8-bit is focusing on the important aspects, which is exactly what they should be doing.

I really liked this episode of Euphonium, focusing on character relationships once in a while is nice.

I felt a bit bad for Hazuki although I didn't expect her to win with that kind of approach, it was pretty much set in stone.

And whoever denies that there's yuri between Reina and Kumiko after this episode is completely blind.

If I can take this statement literally, where did you find a deus ex?

Freed wants to see the vampires so they retreat instead of actually fighting. They could've killed them in like 5 minutes and then gone but no, apparently it was a very urgent discussion.

Freed wants to see the vampires so they retreat instead of actually fighting. They could've killed them in like 5 minutes and then gone but no, apparently it was a very urgent discussion.

Ah, I see. This is more along the lines of cheap scenario writing though. For it to be a deus ex, it would have to fall outside the lines of probability. The scenario here is an obvious cop-out from a writing standpoint, but it still maintains a certain degree of reason. I really hate this kind of writing though, it's overused in action series and really lazy. At least the rest of the episode was pretty solid.

I really liked this episode of Euphonium, focusing on character relationships once in a while is nice.

I felt a bit bad for Hazuki although I didn't expect her to win with that kind of approach, it was pretty much set in stone.

And whoever denies that there's yuri between Reina and Kumiko after this episode is completely blind.

That episode was fantastic. The chemistry between Kousaka and Kumiko was great to watch.

I still can't get enough of Kumiko. I like her character so much, partly because it's not something you see very often and partly because it resembles mine.

Great episode of Euphonium, as every week.

I don't see any sort of romantic implication in that episode. They just became friends, that's all. Considering how much Reina is an oddball and Kumiko kinda asocial, it takes that to establish a bond of friendship.

I liked HIbike Eupho ever since ep 4 or so, but this is the first time I'm glued to the screen like this (totally not because of yuri) I'm really looking forward to next episode, but I'm scared this will go down the drain eventually (totally not because of shippings). 

That leaves Mondays as the only day of the week I'm not painfully looking forward to.

Great episode of Euphonium, as every week.

I don't see any sort of romantic implication in that episode. They just became friends, that's all. Considering how much Reina is an oddball and Kumiko kinda asocial, it takes that to establish a bond of friendship.

They always become "friends", that's how they always put it, but you don't climb up a mountain alone with your friend on a day where there's a festival somewhere else, and casually having an inner monologue about how beautiful she is.

Even if they're just friends now, their chemistry is still god damn cute.