Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Oddly enough I didn't start a single action series or any more dramatic shows this season, I should probably ask if there's any good ones around, right now I've been looking at Owari no Seraph, are there any good ones (and is this one any good) ?

There isn't a decent one this season in my opinion.  Then again I haven't made the rounds on all the shows yet  :vinty:

When I say that, I mean new shows.  Sequels like UBW and Sidonia don't count.  Once I actually watch all of them I'll confirm, but from what I remember from looking at the manga of Seraph awhile ago, I wasn't impressed.

All the good action series seem to be in Summer, last I counted I was intending to watch 6 series at launch, which is a peak in comparison to the 2 or 3 these past two seasons.

If yu are curious at why I havent watched anything, its because I'm watching the entirety of South Park and then Fringe  :kosame:

There isn't a decent one this season in my opinion.  Then again I haven't made the rounds on all the shows yet  :vinty:

When I say that, I mean new shows.  Sequels like UBW and Sidonia don't count.  Once I actually watch all of them I'll confirm, but from what I remember from looking at the manga of Seraph awhile ago, I wasn't impressed.

All the good action series seem to be in Summer, last I counted I was intending to watch 6 series at launch, which is a peak in comparison to the 2 or 3 these past two seasons.

If yu are curious at why I havent watched anything, its because I'm watching the entirety of South Park and then Fringe  :kosame:

Owari no Seraph is a watch must for those who likes amazing animation and eargasmic soundtrack.

Blood Blockade Battlefront for one of the refreshing shows I've seen for quite a while. Amazing animation and soundtrack too.

Ghost in the Shell Alternative Architecture for a classic reboot with animation + direct sequel.

Arslan Senki for something eerily similar with FMA in character design but quite good in story.

Hibike! Euphonium for the hopefully quite dramatic and realistic version of K-on.

Honestly it looks way much better than 2014 Spring.

So I just watched the latest episode of Ore Monogatari and find myself thinking...  now what?  This is about where most anime romcoms end.  Granted, it's kind of gratifying in that the show does what most of us want to scream at the typical dense-as-a-neutron-star protagonist in other shows.  I'm just curious as to where the show is going to go from here.

So I just watched the latest episode of Ore Monogatari and find myself thinking...  now what?  This is about where most anime romcoms end.  Granted, it's kind of gratifying in that the show does what most of us want to scream at the typical dense-as-a-neutron-star protagonist in other shows.  I'm just curious as to where the show is going to go from here.

You think so? IMO, a great flaw in Romcoms is the fact that it ends when the protag couples with a girl, and then they lived happy forever after, and we can only hope for one OVA or two. It'd be nice to see them as a couple more.

thinking of dropping the dissapearance of nagato yuki,

not because it is bad it's just these kind of series are kind of coming out of my nose at this point.

There have been way to many of them recently.

I have the same problem with Ore Monogatari, i can see its a good series i just struggle to find the patience for it.

Maybe someone can help me and stop me from dropping both.

thinking of dropping the dissapearance of nagato yuki,

not because it is bad it's just these kind of series are kind of coming out of my nose at this point.

There have been way to many of them recently.

I have the same problem with Ore Monogatari, i can see its a good series i just struggle to find the patience for it.

Maybe someone can help me and stop me from dropping both.

I recommend you use the term "temporarily stall", like I do, and maybe in two or three years you'll come back to them, or they'll be forgotten forever.

That said, and more on topic,

I am actually watching stuff as it airs this time, given how lately I haven't been able to be on much outside of weekends. I'm watching Nagato Yuki-chan and Ore Monogatari. I really like them both, though the second one is riiiiight up my alley.

I'm also technically watching Oregairu Zoku, but I wasn't able to hold on and I read the light novel volumes for the next few episodes already.

I've fallen into the trap of Danmachi :(

I mean, I was watching it out of curiosity but now I'm enjoying it. It's made of sugar and I'm in need of one of those, so yeah. It fits. Also I wasn't expecting the catgirl to be this cute and mischievous, so now it'll be really hard to get out of this anime. My taste buds have completely lost their taste.

She's a dog girl, apparently, not a cat girl.  They called her a chienthrope.  Chien = french for "dog."

You know I love Haruhi, she's one of my favorite characters of all time. A lot of people prefer Yuki and i don't dislike her, but Haruhi wins the cake for me.

However, when you make a show dedicated to Yuki, I'd at least expect you to show me some of Yuki's charm points and just Yuki centered moments in general so people could see her as the heroine.

But these last two episodes, the last one in particular, have been too Haruhi centered, it's like Kyon and Haruhi were on a date in this latest episode even.

Even as a Haruhi fan this kinda feels like i'm reading a NTR manga of sorts. I accept rivals and all but please give the show more Yuki...

And Owari no Seraph continues its trend of not being good enough to genuinely like, but not quite bad enough to drop, with just a hint of better things to come(which turn into disappointment the next episode).

It's just the main character that manged to drive it towards the bad for me.

but i gree with you, lets hope things will change for the bteer fast. ( especially the main character)

DxD is now a rushed butchered mess, and it's all but confirmed that a 4th season won't be a thing. Rip

I haven't seen episode 4 yet, but I have to agree on the point that it is rushing it quite a bit.  They are basically mashing two books together, intertwining the plotlines.  Its really become quite screwed up.  Then again, I can't say that all the changes are bad; the focus on Issei's emotional problems is a major plus in my opinion, because in the books its not highlighted at all, and when he finally does break down you are like "oh right, that happened in the first chapter of the series".

Our only hope is that Rossweiss pulls the ratings up enough that they make a season 4, but realize how they failed season 3.