Fuwafever Throwback Week!

OriginalRen

Feel the funk you crazy cats! Let me give you the skinny on the izz ya bunny: this thread is psychedelically caposhi, so do me a solid and read on. It's time we blow this popsicle stand and go far out to pay tribute to the swagadelic life of the Fuwanovel forums. What am I jonesin' on about? Jump back a few clicks and read on to find out how shick this shaggin' wagon is about to become...

Welcome to the Fuwafever Throwback Thread!

9rEfKoP.png

The threads are hoppin', members are poppin', and the summer months are going strong. With all the feedback and improvements going on around the forums, I thought it would be an awesome time to take a step back for a moment and relive the good ole' days. For this week only, I will be hosting Fuwafever, a step back in time for the Fuwanovel community and its members.

From humble pasts to new beginnings, feel free to share with the community stories from across time here in this thread. What is something you can remember that really sticks true to your heart? Do any of you veterans remember your very 1st introduction post? All of it - travel across the years and showcase some memories that put a smile on your face and warm feeling in your heart.

Throughout the week, I will be hosting some mini activities while keeping this thread open to anyone that wants to post. The very 1st mini activity is posted below for those who want to participate. The party runs Thursday the 17th to Thursday the 24th, so get the ball rolling and join in on the fun! It's gonna be one long night and one hell of a party, so strap in, and take a ride on the disco train folks.

It's party time!

Mini Activities for the Week -

1. Bring Back the Golden Years - Any of you remember the very 1st avatar you ever used on the forums? I sure do, and maybe some of you do too. Showcase it! For this 1 week only, see if you can take a step back in time and represent yourself with the original avatar you used on the forums. Pop open that edit page on your profile, and post that baby in for the whole world to see! Be proud to post with your originality, and remember the good times.

In addition, feel free to add a swagtastic retro look to it via Photoshop or other image editing software. The more creative, the better!

2. It's okay, it's your 1st time... - Dive deep for this activity, and take a ride back through time as you find your very 1st post ever on Fuwanovel. Maybe it was an introduction, or perhaps something more. Share your story and what it meant to you, and tell me why you wrote those words to begin with.

3. Ain't nobody got time for that! - Japanese animation: off the hook son! For today's activity, I want you to remember back to the good ole' days, when seeing boobs as a kid in anime was a good thing. Maybe that's what got you into the entire culture in the 1st place, or maybe not. I want to hear what got you into animation from Japan. A story? A video? Share it with me shaggy swagkillers!

My first avatar??? ofc i remembered it...my name says it all,

6009b89436.png

it was Monshiro from Majikoi. And why did i change to IS?? because when i`m registering to fuwa, i`m to lazy to made a funny name or smart name. In the end i combined Monshiro + Moon moon meme. And...i think i wont change my avatar...because i love IS very much(to the point of obsession).

Ah, my first avatar. I'm not going to use it again for the week for the simple fact that, looking back at it, it's not that appealing.

spice%20and%20wolf%20animal%20ears%20hol

As you can see, it's just a plain old screenshot. Nothing appealing about it. I liked it for some reason though.

Ah, my first avatar. I'm not going to use it again for the week for the simple fact that, looking back at it, it's not that appealing.

As you can see, it's just a plain old screenshot. Nothing appealing about it. I liked it for some reason though.

You sir...i`ll give you the gif version.

62396d3d9d.gif

I imagined Rens voice with all those outdated words...

*super cringe*

psychedelically caposhi

Are you sure you took this from a dictionary?

*goes to check*

Well the first one means drug like or hallucinations, as for the second: "Word not found in the Dictionary and Encyclopedia"

swagadelic "Word not found in the Dictionary and Encyclopedia"

Jonesing:To have an eager or intense desire

I fear we're going to need a whole new translation team if Ren continues to use his... special (#outdated) language :P

I'm actually looking for a new avatar now, so I'm not going to go back to my first one.

After looking through my computer, I don't seem to have the first avatar I had when I registered here anymore, that's a shame D=
Actually, I'm going to go ahead and put all my old avatars because I'm no Kaguya so I can actually do that and not reach the image limit per post.

My first avat was Kino from Kino no Tabi (not that pic though):
f7qz4Sv.jpg

Then Erika from Heartcatch Precure:
0kDEmpn.png

Then Neferpitou from Hunter x Hunter, which I've lost too;
After that I'm not so sure if there was something between it and the next one (I've a feeling there was but...)
Next was Kasumi because Muv-luv trauma period:
CePcDp9.png

Then Miyuki from Smile Precure:
0BSxKsh.jpg

Kinda nice diving again into your old avatars.

Lmao I remember! No worries mate though. Every one loves that wolf :)

Fuwafever? How do they cure that?

Anyway, yeah, my first avatar. None other than the major herself. Because, you know, me and GITS. And just for this week... she has a totally groovy afro. Oh god, what have I done.

Technically first avatar

JrZQqqw.png

But for realsies

V9nztCF.jpg

So you're rapping about the bygone days, eh? I'd change my avatar back, but I already use my "old" one everywhere else except on ask.fm. Well, technically I have two more but whatever. I'd rather reminisce about when I got this one. The C@F stream was starting up, and I was doing some pretty mad shit to follow it consistently: caffeine, and for low blood sugar I chewed crackerbread lol. Then my sleep cycle flipped over and Sei. Oh well, I'll be back in august.

Anyway getting back to the point, as we all know Asagao is awesome. Ren was like "dudes, it would be totally radical if you got these cocoro@function avatars". I first thought I wasn't going on any kind of train like that, then I was like "I have this awesome CG of Asagao, I could do a cutout of that shit." It was genuinely good avvy material anyway. Thus. I'll probably keep to this one here because of verticalness.