How is the Visual Novel Talk section doing?

Tay

How is VN Talk doing?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How is the VN talk section doing?

• No problems. It's great.
    • I don't like some things, but it's fine.
    • There are several problems about how the VN Talk section is run which seriously bug me.
    • It's awful and needs an overhaul.
  2. 2. How often do you post in VN Talk as opposed to the rest of the forums?

• Less often
    • About the same
    • More often
  3. 3. How much of an issue is off-topic discussion in the VN Talk section?

• Not a problem
    • Manageable
    • A problem but the staff does a good job
    • It's a major problem and/or is affecting my enjoyment of the discussion

This poll is closed to new votes

Please fill out the poll above and share your thoughts about how the VN Talk section is doing. I'd like to hear your thoughts about off-topic discussion, spam, organization you'd like to see, etc. 

This is your chance to help us improve the forums. Please don't be shy. Feedback, suggestions and criticism are welcomed.

I don't think that there is any problems with this section, true I do have one suggestion that could improve it, and that is to make a sub section inside VN Talk for VN recommendations.

Couldn't agree more =3

I like how the section is, and how mods act [closing topics that turn into a fight, and stuff], so even with some "off topics", it's very nice to use it =3

Its almost like this comes up every month and gets ignored by moderators because "every recommendation is personal" or something along those lines. In other words, this suggestion has been brought up many times, but is not going to happen anytime soon. Kaguya's and Clephas both have some good lists for people to be directed to and we don't get 100's of recommendation things a day. Its fine as it is. 

Its almost like this comes up every month and gets ignored by moderators because "every recommendation is personal" or something along those lines. 

And who gives a shit if its personal or not lol (to the ones saying that's why the idea is denied)

I saw, there needs to be a sub forum for recommendations. Why?

The VN Talk forum doesn't need threads like that because you're not really talking about VNs at that point, you're just recommending them too people.

A recommendation sub forum is an important factor for any forum. Anime forum - needs one. Manga forum - needs one.

Music forum - needs one. Video game forum - needs one.

Anyways, I just think it'd be REALLY nice if there was a sub forum for it.

Poll answered :).

The VN section is where I hang out most and I think it is doing well. There has been a lot of recommendation threads lately. I have created one or two myself. It is cool with me. I lurk on them sometimes, and I keep hearing Muv Luv Alternative pop up, so now I am interested, for instance :).

Can't think of anything I'd like to change.  Mods are good (they've been merging topics I unwittingly recreate without even a gripe lol  Props for that), off-topic discussion isn't that bad, and as a whole the community is helpful and friendly.  One of the better forums I've been to, actually.  There's a lot less spam than most of the others I've been a part of.

While a recommendation subsection would be nice, it doesn't seem to be a huge problem, at least to me, anyway.  I'm fine either way.

I'm going to be honest, Had you asked me 2 months ago, I would have complained endlessely about recommandations thread.

However since the creation of that Godly thread, things seem to have calmed down. (keke)

There still are unspecific ones (such as "30-50 hour VN's" ... = VNDB tag), however much less.

All the other threads are fine in my opinion.

So good job on this forum.

I'm going to be honest, Had you asked me 2 months ago, I would have complained endlessely about recommandations thread.

However since the creation of that Godly thread, things seem to have calmed down. (keke)

There still are unspecific ones (such as "30-50 hour VN's" ... = VNDB tag), however much less.

All the other threads are fine in my opinion.

So good job on this forum.

Oh cool, one of the recommendation threads I started is listed on there.

Didn't even see that thread.  I really gotta pay attention more and stop being such a space cadet.  Thanks for posting it here, maefdomn.

This community has won my heart. I just wish there were a bit more of us. I have a feeling our numbers will steadily increase with time though. Lets just hope we can continue in the friendly manner that we all work so hard to maintain.

And a little off-topic discussion never hurt any thread, but once the original topic is completed disregarded (not much on here but mostly MAL) I think it defeats the purpose. Long ramblings about crap go in the General Discussion.

Well, I'm one of those people who gets really pissed of when topics are derailed, it makes necromancing the thread difficult, and sometimes making a new thread is necessary.

I would personally like it if the mods can be a little more strict with derailing posts. I'd even support removing the posts. But it seems I'm in the minority here...

I have to say this, even though it might be quite unpopular.

I really love the community here and fuwanovel - it's my favorite forum on the web. I adore how friendly people here can be and I really hope we can keep it that way. 

Ever now and then however, I still run into some rather unfriendly people and it makes me rather depressed to see. So, I wanna bring up the possibility that start giving users warnings for behavior that would generally be considered as rude and/or unpleasant for the rest of the forum, much that same way they do over at The Escapist.

I have to say this, even though it might be quite unpopular.

I really love the community here and fuwanovel - it's my favorite forum on the web. I adore how friendly people here can be and I really hope we can keep it that way. 

Ever now and then however, I still run into some rather unfriendly people and it makes me rather depressed to see. So, I wanna bring up the possibility that start giving users warnings for behavior that would generally be considered as rude and/or unpleasant for the rest of the forum, much that same way they do over at The Escapist.

Disrespectful behavior is punished via Warning, this has always been a thing and will keep being a thing.

Just because we don't announce who got warned publicly (or privately) doesn't mean disrespectful members don't get warned.

If you ever think someone has been disrespectful, the report button is your friend. I assure you we look over every report and if we see disrespect, a warning will be issued to the person in question.

Disrespectful behavior is punished via Warning, this has always been a thing and will keep being a thing.

Just because we don't announce who got warned publicly (or privately) doesn't mean disrespectful members don't get warned.

If you ever think someone has been disrespectful, the report button is your friend. I assure you we look over every report and if we see disrespect, a warning will be issued to the person in question.

Oh, wow I'm behind.  :wacko:

Well... at least the problem solved itself for me. Thanks for telling me this Nosebleed.

I'll leave the ideas to the thinkers so i'm just gonna give my feel of the VN Talk. I enjoy it and see no wrong in things with it as is my outlook, it's the one I look at the most often as well. The problem would be more with me finding the right words to post when I get into a topic, but I also make sure i'm 100% honest when I give my words. Other than that everything seems A-okay.

honestly i can't find anything wrong with VN talk but then again i'm new and all so maybe i just haven't noticed it yet with all that said i think everyone on the Fuwastaff should just keep doin the dew if you know what i mean

200.gif

but in all seriousness i think everyone is doing a good job keeping everything on the up an up

Think batman's view on recs is mostly in line with mine.

VN talk is probably the best forum here (though I guess fan tl is more constructive on some fronts.) That said, these days threads get 20 replies fast enough for me to not feel like digging in - not much to do about that, though.

In general VN talk is best served by people starting good threads for discussing VN-related things, and insightful posts in them. If you've got someone good at thinking that stuff up on staff, go ahead and make them brainstorm then dripfeed topics.

And somewhat stricter moderation I guess. Reporting Is Hard

I just... have a different view to the VN section, I don't agree about how it runs. "what are you playing ?" topic is eating the whole section. the problem is .... general discussions about some works will be buried under hundreds of replies. I wish there is official threads for every VN.