What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Yes, I finally finished Bravely Default,:saber: oh man I feel so good right now, so pumped up, over 100 hours of gameplay, but it was totally worth it man. Now I can buy Bravely Second without any regrets. I've gotta say this was a really good game to me, the story and characters were interesting enough, and the in game battles actually posed a challenge to me were you actually have to use your brain to plan out strategy, liked the Brave Default system it used, easy to understand. Although not to crazy about having to fight the main quest bosses again and again, in chapter 5-8, but the sidequests make up for the most fun in the game in my opinion.

What to do now I wonder, maybe I should pick up the Tales series again. Dropped Symphonia a while ago cause of things and I just can't focus sometimes.:rimu: That Tales of Berseria looks interesting i'd be interested in that game, I have so many Tales games on my backlog it's just sad.:komari:

Progressing in SMT4. Not in the mood to really do anything more on REmaster so far,  once I get some hassles out of the way I'll be far more free. 

After I finish those I'll probably move on to Soul Sacrifice Delta. I want to read some novels and start to fucking study as well, though, so it'll take me a long, long while.

Quantum Break - Remedy's new game, I enjoyed many aspects of the game and think it is a very ambitious title in what it tried to go for. Was pretty damn crazy to stop the game and go into a full TV show, which I thought was not bad maybe even good. Gameplay is super satisfying. I don't put it above Alan Wake, nor does it reach Max Payne levels but it is still a great Remedy game. 

Mirror's Edge PC - Booted it up on a whim, this was prior to the new game footage being released. Still like it and still think combat in this game should of never been a thing.

Gears of War 4 Beta - Feels like Gears 3.5, not a bad thing though since that game was amazing. 

Halo 5 - Warzone Firefight Beta: not what I am looking for when it comes to Firefight. Shame. 

Been playing and enjoying Dark Souls 3, though I'm at a bit of a standstill at the undead village since both pathways are so far impassible with one having someone shooting missiles at a certain point and the other one has a gateway full of bomb chuckers. Also both my middle fingers to Mad Phantoms :saber:

Also just started playing Senran Kagura Estival Versus and loving it. The graphics are great and the characters are as likable as ever. Stopping to watch the prequel OVA just so I'll get what they keep referring to.

SAO: Lost Song is basically just a pretty game for fans of SAO to enjoy consisting of Kirito n' Friends clearing Svart Alfheim; no overlying grand storyline.  The fanservice between Kirito and the heroines is much more toned down than the epic Hollow Fragment where everyone gets a kiss-on-the-cheek CG, but they still get their moments.

You get four very large open-worldish but eerily barren and empty islands to roam around and fly in to conquer four to six same-looking dungeons before you get to battle the Area Boss to move onto the next island

Combat is pretty much mindless hack n' slash, though some bosses can hurt so you'll have to be a bit cautious around those.

Overall Lost Song's event scenes are severely lacking compared to Hollow Fragment's; most of the scenes I've read through so far are just the characters doing whatever's in the moment, and it's really, really "meh" stuff.

It's still a pretty game though, yes visuals matter, and you can't discredit the awesomeness of being able to fly around in a large landscape, or getting to sideline Kirito and having any of the SAO heroines as your lead party member instead.

At this point though I'm only making the grind for

Spoilers, I guess?

Spoiler

Accel World's Kuroyukihime. She's in this game, apparently.

I picked up Tales of Zestiria yesterday and have so far spent 4 hours with it, which means I'm probably just about finished with what you would call the tutorial section of the game. All in all, it's got its share of good things and bad things, and I'm certainly going to keep playing it (possibly after nuking my save and starting over...).

Sundry thoughts:

• Combat is looking very Graces F-like, not Xillia-like or Vesperia-like, as I expected and hoped. Graces F combat was really good (requires attention, rewards skill, enjoyable on higher difficulties), whereas Xillia and Vesperia were not great (I never felt like they rewarded skill, so I didn't try bumping difficulty). I immediately bumped the difficulty one notch on starting, and just bumped it again because it was still too easy. This is one of the very rare times where I want more difficulty in a game, and I want it because the combat system looks actually interesting and worth learning. Hopefully I'm correct on this perception; even Graces took a while to build up to where the combat got interesting, because of the way skills worked, but it seems they got some of the complexity more up-front here (if you opt into it, which I did).
  • I'm still suffering from the usual Tales initial mechanics dump overload. I was 3.5 hours in before the game even gave me the ability to buy stuff, which of course unlocked still more mechanics. It's always a hassle at first, but usually my mind likes treating these as an optimization mini-game once I get used to it, so I'm sure I'll be fine with it soon enough.
  • I wish I'd set the voice acting to Japanese, but I foolishly chose English since Tales games had been doing fairly well recently on this front, in my book (I enjoyed the dub in all of Xillia, Graces, and Vesperia). Unfortunately, even among the main characters there are weak actors. Mikleo's is particularly bad, sometimes just outright giving the wrong inflection to lines despite clear intention in the phrasing. At this point basically my whole party consists of people I don't really want to listen to. I see good voice actors in the main character cast... but they're not in my party yet, and it only takes one bad apple to ruin the barrel. The voice-acted side characters are also just as bad as always, notably Gramps's, who at least has a prominent role early on. Bad move not doing a better job there. Sadly, I can't just switch to JP voices, since the game doesn't let you switch spoken languages partway through (who knows why). That's why, as mentioned above, I'm seriously considering nuking my game and starting over
  • BGM is boring and uninspiring. Typical of a Tales game.
  • The OP, on the other hand, is awesome, both for the movie and the music. Also typical of a Tales game.
  • The story is pretty trite (everybody together now: 'typical of a Tales game,' right!), but I'm sure there'll be a twist or two to keep me guessing as it progresses. And they've actually got a few unique ideas that help spice things up. I'm a big fan of the idea of the Seraphim race and the way they're integrated into the world.

For anyone that is into the Metal Gear universe are these videos a good place to learn everything there is to know?: 

There is a movie for every game I believe and I just got MGS5. I want to know what I am getting into before starting the game with out spending 100+ hours playing through the previous games. Will this be a good enough substitute for the lore? 

For the immediate story of MGSV, you'll want to watch (In order)
1. Metal Gear Solid 3 
2. PEACE WALKER (PSP Game)
3. MGSV: GROUND ZEROES 
That video is for METAL GEAR SOLID which takes place after MGSV. Of course in order to understand the full lore, it would be ideal to watch/play all the other games. (Foreshadowing to certain characters that appear in later games, ect.)

22 minutes ago, HotTrax said:

For the immediate story of MGSV, you'll want to watch (In order)
1. Metal Gear Solid 3 
2. PEACE WALKER (PSP Game)
3. MGSV: GROUND ZEROES 
That video is for METAL GEAR SOLID which takes place after MGSV. Of course in order to understand the full lore, it would be ideal to watch/play all the other games. (Foreshadowing to certain characters that appear in later games, ect.)

Oh damn! MGS5 is before MGS1,2 and 4?? Some Star Wars shit going on? 

On 4/21/2016 at 4:09 PM, Leaf said:

I'm brushing up on ChronoPhantasma Extend, want to get a head start on Central Fiction. Speaking of which, i'm wondering if the XBlaze spin offs are any good. Have any of you guys checked those out at all?

Here's my review of the first game, if you like:

http://gamesforadultsandeveryone.blogspot.com/2014/10/games-for-everyone-halloween-xblaze.html

Have yet to play the second game, though that's mainly because I've got so many other games to play first.

19 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

• I wish I'd set the voice acting to Japanese, but I foolishly chose English since Tales games had been doing fairly well recently on this front, in my book (I enjoyed the dub in all of Xillia, Graces, and Vesperia). Unfortunately, even among the main characters there are weak actors. Mikleo's is particularly bad, sometimes just outright giving the wrong inflection to lines despite clear intention in the phrasing. At this point basically my whole party consists of people I don't really want to listen to. I see good voice actors in the main character cast... but they're not in my party yet, and it only takes one bad apple to ruin the barrel. The voice-acted side characters are also just as bad as always, notably Gramps's, who at least has a prominent role early on. Bad move not doing a better job there. Sadly, I can't just switch to JP voices, since the game doesn't let you switch spoken languages partway through (who knows why). That's why, as mentioned above, I'm seriously considering nuking my game and starting over

Looks like i made the right choice in choosing jp voices :sacchan:. I've only just started Zestiria so i can't really comment on much of it just yet. 

I didn't like the dub in Graces but that might just be me. 

1 hour ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Looks like i made the right choice in choosing jp voices :sacchan:. I've only just started Zestiria so i can't really comment on much of it just yet. 

I didn't like the dub in Graces but that might just be me. 

Definitely the right call there. I deleted my save data (the only way to get the option to choose voice language... even a new game isn't enough) and started over. Took me two hours to get back to where I was, but I'm much happier with the voices now. Alisha's surprisingly low voice is lovely.

Regarding Graces, I guess it was a mixed bag. I really liked the whole female main cast, but only liked some of the male main cast. Cassandra Lee Morris (who I loved as Ritsu in K-On!) as Sophie, Laura Bailey (who's in practically everything) as Cherami, and Kate Higgins (who I'd literally never heard before) as wacky Pascal were all enjoyable for me.

3 hours ago, SilverLi said:

Playing some Age of Wonders 3 with friends. (every time @madvanced decides to invite me to Tabletop  -.-) and I am enjoying it. Inspired from a lot of different games and overall it is a good game for a small developer.

Blame @OriginalRen not me plox.

So I've been playing Crusader Kings 2 - I'm not very good or knowledgeable about the game, but, having started in a disjointed Ireland as a duke, I eventually managed to make myself into a sizeable Kingdom, absorb Wales and am now in the process of absorbing Scotland. There is, however, a problem.
I bought Crusader Kings 2 in a giant discounted pack with a bunch of DLC I paid no attention to. And I started this ironman game without paying attention to it either. Turns out, one of the DLC was an ahistorical event, more like a mod, where at some point the Aztecs invade Europe with an insurmountable army.
I am now royally screwed regardless of my favourable conditions and army.

RIP

just started Tale of Wuxia,not that many kung fu based games on steam, and it looked pretty interesting, although I hear the translation and UI have some issues, but I know Mandarin, so it won't bother me too much,hopefully it doesn't crash that often like the what the reviews on steam say.

Quantum Break - Finally download it on PC for a new playthrough. I think the game looks phenomenal at with tinkered settings at 60fps; ultra-settings murder my GTX980 though. 
Gears of War 4 – Beta is over, I did like what I played and will definitely get the game when it launches. Still waiting on horde mode details though. 
Metro: Last Light – I played about an hour, I found it to be really boring. 
Soda Drinker Pro – I bought it just cause. I am virtually drinking soda using a Kinect camera, the future is sweet. 
Halo 5 – More and more. 

Stuff I am looking forward to. 
Forza 6 PC – First time on PC. Excited to check it out, and free. 
Overwatch Beta – Would like to have hands-on with the game. (May 5th, open beta)