What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

4 hours ago, LiquidShu said:

Picked up my Pokemon N3DS today and it looks and feels awesome! Came pre-installed with Pokemon Red and Blue, so I decided to play some Blue. I also downloaded the Azure Striker GUNVOLT demo and feel a great urge to buy the game now. 

The only issue I have with the N3DS is a mental one. It fits fine in my hand, albeit a little small, and then I downloaded MH4U demo, played some RE: Mercenaries, Azure Striker GUNVOLT, Pokemon, and FE - BR to test out even further. I just can't get over the fact that the screen is smaller than my old XL, and that other people say the New XL is more comfortable. It just feels really different, like a change of pace. I can read everything fine, picture is crisp, so far after 3 hours of various game time I have no complaints about the size or control set up. Just that mental block going "you suuuure you don't want that big one, huh?". 

At least you don't have an ORIGINAL 3DS. Shit is torturous to hold. 

42 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

At least you don't have an ORIGINAL 3DS. Shit is torturous to hold. 

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

(N)3DS(XL) size on dem hands aside, I found my GBA the other day, thing feels tiny as fuh, how did adults play on them back then @_@ 
kCdFFF1.jpg (800×600)

Lol, scrubs. Clearly you never played on an original Gameboy Brick.  Anything past that is miraculous.

Fuck, Eclipsed, now you make me want to try and find my GBC, GBA, and ODS. We'll have an all out handheld consider war.

Started playing Blade and Soul (EU) It is a F2P game and you can feel it but it's still fun, with the bots and spammers... I wish it was a B2P or P2P well can't do anything about it sadly. And apparently an overzealous localization team have screwed some things up though I'm not exactly knowledgable about it

I've been playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright on hard mode (also playing casual although it means nothing as the first time through I simply reload whenever a unit dies and start the map over). I plan to play Conquest next and after that Revelations. Enjoying the game so far even if I'm not fond of multiple localization choices the gameplay is still solid.

I remember someone posting a site that was like MAL except for games, anyone know what I'm talking about? 

----

Bought the full version of Azure Striker GUNVOLT, man is that game fun. Feels really solid to play and the soundtrack is awesome. My only gripe with it as of now is that it doesn't feel like the enemies do enough damage, then all of a sudden the boss goes ham on you. If they upped the overall difficulty that would have fixed any issue I have so far. 

Then along side GUNVOLT, I bought Super Mario 3 as I have never played an OG Mario, just the newer ones. The game is aggravating! I have gotten so many game over's in such a short amount of time :conspiracy: It's a ton of fun though, just sitting here all day playing it. 

Finally picked up Bravely Second right on the date limit of losing my reservation on it, heh!

I'm still unsure how I feel about it, but there's one thing I already know: I'm very, very, extremely, disappointed that the MC is a pathetic whelp. I utterly hate blank MCs, but oh boy how much I would love to have one here, instead of this bumbling idiot of Yew.

2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Finally picked up Bravely Second right on the date limit of losing my reservation on it, heh!

I'm still unsure how I feel about it, but there's one thing I already know: I'm very, very, extremely, disappointed that the MC is a pathetic whelp. I utterly hate blank MCs, but oh boy how much I would love to have one here, instead of this bumbling idiot of Yew.

shit's demo is moe as hell, I'm not surprised

that Magnolia or w/e was hot tho

btw

finished P3P 

AND I'LL BUURN MY DREAAAAAAAAAAD

11 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

shit's demo is moe as hell, I'm not surprised

that Magnolia or w/e was hot tho

btw

finished P3P 

Just met her in the game. What the actual fuck. She's french, and from the moon. And the rebuilding the town system from the first game? It's back, but with the Moon, Magnolia's home xD

This game has me trippin'.

Played more SUPERHOT, I think the A.I gets a bit easy but the modifiers make you forget in the moment. Best game to feel like a badass in.

And Halo 5, still go to game in general. I think I'm around 6 days total play time. Still fun and frustrating at times. Post launch support is superb, Firefight was my favorite mode in ODST. Hope it is fun. 

3 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

btw

finished P3P 

Are you going to play/watch The Answer chapter? (I totally dug it but I know some don't like.)

2 hours ago, HotTrax said:

Played more SUPERHOT, I think the A.I gets a bit easy but the modifiers make you forget in the moment. Best game to feel like a badass in.

And Halo 5, still go to game in general. I think I'm around 6 days total play time. Still fun and frustrating at times. Post launch support is superb, Firefight was my favorite mode in ODST. Hope it is fun. 

Are you going to play/watch The Answer chapter? (I totally dug it but I know some don't like.)

Yeah I will but it's like 4 hours long so I will start it today. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, HotTrax said:

Firefight was my favorite mode in ODST.

ODST's Firefight is an awesome mode for co-op, especially couch co-op. My old roommate and I played it all the time that back in the day, and I even dug it out of the closet and we played a fair bit of it when he was in town a couple years ago. It's still tons of fun.

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, Jun Inoue said:

It won't be out here for another 1.5 months, and I was looking forward to it, since I rather liked the last one. However, initial reviews seem to be mostly coming in pretty negative in comparison with the original, and are largely bashing the trite story. Negative reviews of the voice acting and a pretty seriously censored localization aren't too promising either. Sigh.

I'm still pouring time into Stardew Valley, and having a blast with it. 14 hours logged so far according to Steam and I only got it on Saturday o_O. If you're looking for a fix for your Harvest Moon / Rune Factory addiction, this is it.

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

ODST's Firefight is an awesome mode for co-op, especially couch co-op. My old roommate and I played it all the time that back in the day, and I even dug it out of the closet and we played a fair bit of it when he was in town a couple years ago. It's still tons of fun.

It won't be out here for another 1.5 months, and I was looking forward to it, since I rather liked the last one. However, initial reviews seem to be mostly coming in pretty negative in comparison with the original, and are largely bashing the trite story. Negative reviews of the voice acting and a pretty seriously censored localization aren't too promising either. Sigh.

I'm still pouring time into Stardew Valley, and having a blast with it. 14 hours logged so far according to Steam and I only got it on Saturday o_O. If you're looking for a fix for your Harvest Moon / Rune Factory addiction, this is it.

I don't know much about the censorship parts. I've heard awful things, like that parts of the story have been completely taken out cuz they have deaths and stuff, but I'm not sure if it's true.

The stuff about the story is true. Long story short, it feels like they've dropped the age of the players they seem to be aiming the game for. If the first game was for teenagers-adults, this one is for pre-teens-teenagers. Silly story, lack of detail and explanation (things just happen because they happen) or any nuance, stupid enemies, childish reasonings, and so on. I'm still playing it cuz I somewhat enjoyed the gameplay and class system and all from the first game. But I must say that it truly is a disappointment.

Decided to grab Grim Dawn with a buddy of mine from work.  We're both big Diablo 2 fans and this just felt like a wave of nostalgia.  It takes pretty much all the good aspects of dungeon crawler-like games and smacks it all into one.  If there's any cons I say immediately it's the fact that if you're playing co-op and you or one of your party members is ranged and someone stands on top of your/their cursor as they are firing their weapon, it turns off their attack or just doesn't do it or moves to that location if that's what it's shared bound to.

14 minutes ago, Nashetania said:

Can anyone recommend me good strategy/RPG/SRPG game?

The Disgaea series is a bunch of quirky, fun SRPGs with a lot of unique mechanics. It's not very difficult, unless you want to go all the way through all the bonus content, of which each game has tons, and which is pretty entertaining as well; it not being especially difficult may be a pro or a con for you, so I'm just calling it out for completeness. It's also not a game where probability calculations usually have all that much of an impact; I personally find it annoying when games, especially SRPGs, end up having the RNG being the make-or-break factor, but I guess some people like this?

If you're interested in the series and have a PS4, I'd start with the latest one, Disgaea 5. If no PS4, maybe start with the very first release, Disgaea, which should hold up well even though it's been a loooong time since it came out, and which is available on pretty much any system you can imagine (they actually just released the PC version on Steam a couple weeks ago). If it looks too old for you, maybe Disgaea 4 is the way to go (Vita and PS3), but a lot of the gameplay mechanics in that one bothered me.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

The Disgaea series is a bunch of quirky, fun SRPGs with a lot of unique mechanics. It's not very difficult, unless you want to go all the way through all the bonus content, of which each game has tons, and which is pretty entertaining as well; it not being especially difficult may be a pro or a con for you, so I'm just calling it out for completeness. It's also not a game where probability calculations usually have all that much of an impact; I personally find it annoying when games, especially SRPGs, end up having the RNG being the make-or-break factor, but I guess some people like this?

If you're interested in the series and have a PS4, I'd start with the latest one, Disgaea 5. If no PS4, maybe start with the very first release, Disgaea, which should hold up well even though it's been a loooong time since it came out, and which is available on pretty much any system you can imagine (they actually just released the PC version on Steam a couple weeks ago). If it looks too old for you, maybe Disgaea 4 is the way to go (Vita and PS3), but a lot of the gameplay mechanics in that one bothered me.

I already played Disgaea way back when I used to have PSP.

I would love to play games like Fire Emblem, but I have only PC.

Time to give my 3DS some love and start playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. Hear nothing but praise so it should be good.

The only background knowledge I have from the Fire Emblem series is from Super Smash Bros. Melee Marth & Roy, and Smash 3DS Ike Lucina Robin

Oh hey! Robin's the MC for Awakening? Coolio. Definitely picking female. And pink hair. :ryuusui:

Dunno if JP voices, I'm used to Robin's EN dub battle cries from Smash, but eh, might as well JP. 'cos.