What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

After reading Xblaze: Code Embryo I got a sudden urge to play Blazblue, so I've been playing around in Calamity Trigger. I'm really bad at it, but I've been having fun. Obviously the gameplay is really good and I'm really digging the vastly different characters. The story mode was also as interesting as I hoped. There's just enough serious stuff and comedy to balance each other out, and I can't help myself but to be drawn into the convoluted time-loop plot. 

I'm super hyped for the rumored PC release of Chronophantasma Extended. Maybe with that I'll finally start learning to play fighting games properly.

Booted up Destiny after so long, shot some stuff, and got to level 14. Shooting is still alright. Also still on MGSV and still have not finished it. Lastly, a bit of a upcoming game. I don't think I have been that giddy to hold the controller and play the game since say around last December/January

Playing Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness because I want to re-live the nostalgia of this epic adventure game.

That is still my favorite game in the Pokemon series. I'm not sure how many times I've replayed it.

On another note I finished my playthroughs of both Atelier Shallie and Hyperdevotion Noire. Both games final bosses were really easy, granted I was only on normal difficulty for both games. The couple of bosses I fought before the final boss were actually harder though on Shallie. 

Beat Quelaag in Dark Souls, after one failed attempt with just Maneater Mildred helping me.  The guy I summoned on my next attempt basically got one-shotted by her Flame Aura, but at least they took out maybe 1/10th or so of her health and prevented her from finishing me off after she hit me with her Flame Aura.  I used Maneater Mildred to do most of the damage, and was finally able to recognize when she was about to use her Flame Aura, so I didn't get utterly destroyed again.  Man, she really punished people ignorant about her attacks.

Fuck Blighttown, I'm so happy about leaving it.  The entire place can just go to hell, and I hope I never have to go back there again.

The Blighttown swamp can be annoying but the upper area is legitimately one of my favorite parts of the game, but I'm also a freak of nature. It's so incredibly punishing to players who move too quickly or lose awareness of their surroundings. Ambushes behind every corner, dogs charging from unexpected angles, snipers hiding in distant corners picking you off with poison darts that basically kill you in one hit if you don't have the cure and time to use it (or appropriately resistant armor), perilous terrain that can lead to instant death with the wrong step, and a layout that rewards exploration and creative/courageous approaches to problems. A ton of players find it too frustrating, but I think it's pretty much a perfect window into what the Souls series is all about. 

I actually liked the upper area, aside from trying to get the Iaito, which I just gave up on.  It was a nice, enclosed space that made me super aware of where I could dodge if needed, and I was constantly paranoid about enemies popping out or one of those goddamn dart shooters suddenly making me come down with toxic status (see, Rito, I'm toxic).  I actually got lost and spent about 30 minutes going in circles because I missed the right turn, yet somehow that didn't actually piss me off.  I loathed the swamp, though, and having to fight those Infested Barbarians (that could essentially stunlock me if I aggro'd two by mistake) while poisoned because I couldn't move fast enough was the rotten cherry on top of the shit sundae that was the Blighttown swamp.

Finished all the songs in free mode. Once I clean them on hard I move onto the story. Not sure when the hardest difficulty unlocks but we wills see. IIRC I have about 17% achievements with one play through on normal. 

I also haven't really spent any cash on accessories yet though.

I finally got Max Mad to run properly. I had to change my system's sound format to 16bit 44100hz CD quality to get rid of the audio problems, which resulted in those freezes and crashes.

Pretty happy to see what my car evolved into. If something like this is ever deemed okay for actual driving, I'll get me a license.

atWipHd.jpg

i7DCB1y.jpg0Vxjeya.jpg

qenQW02.jpg

They will if you replace the batteries in the Sonic cartridges. I got a box of them off of Amazon for a few bucks.

The carts are probably bootlegs so I don't know which batteries to use. And I am planning on buying a flashcart somewhere down the line anyway, so it isn't that big of a deal. Thanks anyway

I just got to Novigrad in Witcher 3...dear god I don't see myself finishing this before the dlc is released...which is a shame as I'm looking forward to Hearts of Stone (not Hearthstone) quite a bit just from hearing about a rumored heist and the return of an old character. 

Anyone here a SCII player?

I just got to Novigrad in Witcher 3...dear god I don't see myself finishing this before the dlc is released...which is a shame as I'm looking forward to Hearts of Stone (not Hearthstone) quite a bit just from hearing about a rumored heist and the return of an old character. 

Not sure if you're talking about Star Craft II or Soul Calibur II. I used to be big in Soul Calibur before the series was ruined with a half-finished product and a free-to-play dress-up game. As for Star Craft II I've been periodically playing the campaign for Wings of Liberty but not for some time...I'm assuming you're asking because of Legacy of the Void's recent release?