What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I now have time to dedicate to some full length RPGs.  I picked up Pillars of Eternity because I'm a whore for story/enviroment driven games like this and Baldur's Gate.  I just had that extreme satisfaction of solving a puzzle.  It used texts hidden to hint at to listen to the actual game sound, and then solve the puzzle that way.  The ecstasy of seeing well thought out puzzles is real, and I hope it continues.

I finally got my hands on Dungeon Travelers 2 and it's just what I wanted; solid dungeon crawling and cute girls. Alisia <3 
I also love the humor in this game. The bear&penguin comedy duo and Maid-Sensei are so damn entertaining every time, more games should disguise their tutorials in absurd conversations. They just get off on wild tangents all the time, break fourth wall and such. It's great.   

Finished up The Witcher 3 expansion Heart of Stone. That is a fantastic piece of content that only gets me more excited for the upcoming big one. Also, despite loving MGSV, I cannot stand the way the mission structure is in the last missions so I just watched all the story stuff on Youtube. Konami probably told them to wrap it up huh? (The missing incomplete stuff looked so damn good.) And finally, played some Alan Wake's American Nightmare. That game sure feels fing good now that I have a higher refresh rate monitor.  

Playing the pre-order beta for Warhammer the end times - vermintide, the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is amazing as well,its like a medieval version of LFD, 4 players max in co-op to clear hordes after hordes of ratman. currently 10% off for pre ordering it on steam,and you get access to the beta, the game releases on the 23rd,but the beta started 2 days ago,I'v found me something good to kill time with from now on.

Picked up my copy of Tales of Zestiria for the PS4 today. Relatively excited to get started on it.

Is your PSN nohman? Been doing a lot of PS gaming recently. 

Going slowly through  the P4 DAN story. Finished Free Dance, so once I get done with the story, all I need to do is perfect one song, and buy the rest of the costumes/accessories. After that, I get my platinum. 

Got my hunter to 40 in Destiny and working on my lock, have only been playing less than a week. Was going to buy a Cinch or Scuf controller but for now, just going to get a pair of Kontrol Freeks Vortex and Kontrol Freeks Grips until I have more moolah. 

Also thinking about Pokemon ORAS. The thought of walking around and getting random battles is "meh," though. On the fence.

Decided it was finally time to play a Vanillaware game, so I purchased Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown for the Vita. Haven't gotten very far in either of them yet but from what I've played, they're incredibly fun.

The art style of these games are gorgeous. Its like looking at a painting thats come to life.

Currently playing The World Ends With You. Great game, gets a bit repetitive though (in terms of enemy variety). I just had a plot twist so fucking great that I can't stop to take out extra Noise anymore, I HAVE TO LEARN WHAT HAPPENS

edit:holy mother of fuck 

Edited by Funyarinpa

Going slowly through  the P4 DAN story. Finished Free Dance, so once I get done with the story, all I need to do is perfect one song, and buy the rest of the costumes/accessories. After that, I get my platinum. 

P4 DAN was pretty good. I mostly played it on my commute, though, where my standards are pretty low: "Is it more interesting than staring into space while I ride the bus? Ok, then, let's do this.". Wrapped up my platinum trophy last week, and started playing Atelier Rorona afterwards, which has been pretty entertaining, though I'm only just getting started.

On the home console, I'm playing Disgaea 5 (and still a little bit of Destiny from time to time). I found the English voice acting to be too bad to tolerate, especially the male parts, so I switched it over to Japanese, where although I honestly can't tell if it's bad or not, at least I don't care as much. I think I'm in the 4th chapter right now; I find I can't yet play it for many hours at a stretch, like I could by the time I was deep into Disgaea D2, but it's very fun, and I expect I'll get there once I'm really into the post-game grind. The female lead is... hot. There's just no other way to put it. So that's a definite plus. And I feel like they did a good job this time around of adding new mechanics to spice things up without overdoing it and making things boring/tiring (see: Disgaea 4). I'll need to play for a while before I can say whether it's better than Disgaea D2, which was definitely the best in the series since Disgaea 2, maybe even since the original, but so far it's looking pretty promising.

I finished Life is Strange. It's a good game. I'm not entirely a fan of how large parts of the final episode were handled, it was hard to feel engaged by it. But I thought the conclusion was well done and I enjoyed the series as a whole. Even though it's in another genre, I think someone could sit down and really dissect that game and go into detail about the kinds of lessons VN developers could learn from it. I'm kind of feeling lazy, though.

The World Ends With You is the fucking tits (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Honestly one of my GOTY contenders so far. Quite likely the best non-VN thing I played all year. Amazing twists (Shiki's "most valued possession", Players are dead) and beautifully original gameplay. Pins are fucking great (though Neku's movement is a bit shaggy, but given what they had to work with it's not a big issue) and I still haven't fully grasped the upper screen combat and I am through the first week. Great enemies (though they got a bit repetitive) and legendary art design (alongside the likes of Bioshock and Danganronpa IMHO) are also magnificent.

Fuck yes, this game. Fuck yes. 

edit: Also the fucking OST, don't know where to begin. Finally got to where Twister pops up in the game, and it's glorious. 

Edited by Funyarinpa