What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Since I have a 1.5 hour daily gaming limit (which I have failed to adhere to so far) I will have to put off the The Witcher trilogy, they take WAY too much time (also the first game's shit in the first few hours).

That said, it was a weekend deal so I now have Dark Souls downloading in the background. YEEEEEEEEEEEE

Update: Asylum Demon is kicking my ass

Update: this is great

Dark Souls is like a 40-50 hour game for your first playthrough and many people like to play through it multiple times. So yeah, not much better than The Witcher.

Finished up MGSV. After 100 side-ops, it was a struggle to finish the game. In the end, if you care about rank, the gameplay comes down to "knock out, fulton, knock out, fulton, knock out, fulton, find prisoner, fulton." For future players, I'd recommend focusing entirely on story, and if you're still not sick of the repetitive nature of the game, go ahead and do the side-ops.

Actually if you care about rank, you'll just go really fast. I've had some total bloodbaths turn out to be s-ranks because I I finished quickly. Speed is the biggest factor for your score. If you care about being stealthy, there are a TON of interesting tools at your disposal for this.

RIP game time limit

Right?  I remember back when I had a 1 hour limit on playing my PS2 games.  Didn't follow it then, either.  Battlefront II was just too much fun.

Just beat the Spirit Temple in OoT 3D.  Gonna try to 100% the game this time, then go on the Master Quest and 100% that.  I think I have a problem...

Also gonna resume playing Dark Souls and the first Witcher soon.  I really need to stop being all ADHD with my games...

I arrived at the first fire in the Undead Burg, so far the game doesn't live up to the hype. That isn't to say it's bad, but I don't feel like it is one of the best games in recent years as many make it out to be.

To be fair, you've quite literally just barely scratched the surface. The thing that's most appealing to me is the depth of the world and how fun it is to explore and discover it while navigating all of the threats, and the Asylum is a poor display of this, and the first half of the undead burg has some side paths but nothing too interesting. 

Can confirm, the Undead Burg as a whole is pretty uninteresting, aside from that one door you unlock later or, if you're feeling cocky, use the Master Key to get into.  It does have a decent place for farming humanity early on, though, so that's always nice.

My favorite part of Dark Souls so far is Darkroot Garden.  Decent amount of PvP, winding cliffs, nice farming areas, and Stone Knights are always fun to kill.  Granted, I haven't beaten the game yet, but it was nice to go somewhere that wasn't just a decrepit building.

I've been playing some Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army and it's the most enjoyable SMT game I've played since Persona.

I love the setting, the atmosphere of the 1930s Japan is amazing. The story is interesting too, with all kinds of conspiracies and alternate history shenanigans.

Unlike other SMT games, the combat is actually more like an action RPG. It's fairly simple, little clunky and there's not much variation in attacks, but I find it strangely enjoyable. The normal demon fusion and summoning systems are there as well. But more importantly there is also detective work to do besides the fighting. Searching for clues and solving crimes using your Devil Summoner abilities is fun, and it gives the game some good pacing.

And Raidou is a one badass character. Just look at this handsome devil.

6d0ea01b.jpg   

I arrived at the first fire in the Undead Burg, so far the game doesn't live up to the hype. That isn't to say it's bad, but I don't feel like it is one of the best games in recent years as many make it out to be.

Dark Souls starts to get really good once you make it to Anor londo. If you're still at undead burg then you should just keep on playing, overall the beginning of the game isn't that interesting (except meeting Knight Solaire and Lautrec.) Like Decay said, the depth of the world and exploring all of the areas is one of the most appealing parts of the game for me. Spent over 240 hours playing the game using every starting class and even got all of the achievements lol. I found the first game to be a lot better than Dark Souls 2 tbh, might just be my opinion though.

Can confirm, the Undead Burg as a whole is pretty uninteresting, aside from that one door you unlock later or, if you're feeling cocky, use the Master Key to get into.  It does have a decent place for farming humanity early on, though, so that's always nice.

My favorite part of Dark Souls so far is Darkroot Garden.  Decent amount of PvP, winding cliffs, nice farming areas, and Stone Knights are always fun to kill.  Granted, I haven't beaten the game yet, but it was nice to go somewhere that wasn't just a decrepit building.

Yeah, got through that door. Once.

...Shiny rock? Sweet, now let's move towards that white lig-

YOU DIED

Dark Souls starts to get really good once you make it to Anor londo. If you're still at undead burg then you should just keep on playing, overall the beginning of the game isn't that interesting (except meeting Knight Solaire and Lautrec.) Like Decay said, the depth of the world and exploring all of the areas is one of the most appealing parts of the game for me. Spent over 240 hours playing the game using every starting class and even got all of the achievements lol. I found the first game to be a lot better than Dark Souls 2 tbh, might just be my opinion though.

The gameplay hooked me already, I won't be quitting soon. Also AFAIK DS2 is shat on by practically everyone.

Well, after about 5h of trying, I beat Sir Alonne with him commiting Seppuku (me taking no damage and beating him in 5 minutes). Might upload it to YT just to have proof.

Here's the video, in case anyone's curious:

Also AFAIK DS2 is shat on by practically everyone.

I don't know why honestly. I love the game and it is much bigger than 1. Opinions I guess.

Is the Deku Nut bag upgrade glitch still in the 3D version? Cause if you didn't do the mask contest before pulling the Master Sword 100% completion is impossible. :(

I checked, and it's supposed to have been fixed.  Thanks for saying that, though.  I checked beforehand because I'd heard about bugs like that, and since I'd already completed the game once, I wasn't worried about spoilers.  I am perfectly free to 100% to my heart's desire.

Anor Londo is the pinnacle but I think it was really good long before that. Then again, I actually really enjoyed Blighttown so I might just be some kind of freak of nature. 

Anor Londo is the pinnacle but I think it was really good long before that. Then again, I actually really enjoyed Blighttown so I might just be some kind of freak of nature. 

Apart from the unstable frame rate, Blighttown is a really good level. Especially the upper platforms. 

My personal favorite is Sen's Fortress. I still can't forget how fast my heart was beating when I first time passed the final swinging blades.   

Started playing Metal Gear Solid, and man, the controls really are awful, especially the shooting mechanics.  Just got to the part where

the DARPA chief dies inside his cell, and you and presumably Meryl have to shoot your way out.

Took me a while to get accustomed to the weird shooting, but I think I got it down.  Took me quite a bit longer to get used to the stealth, though.  I'm not exactly a great stealth game player, so after about 30-ish minutes of failure I finally got used to it and am slowing getting better.  Definitely not a gentle game  :-/

Would you guys recommend that I go lethal or non-lethal my first time around?  I don't really know which one to do, and I can't really find a message board that says which one is better for noobs.  So far I've just retried via suicide until I can ghost my way through and not kill anyone.

Would you guys recommend that I go lethal or non-lethal my first time around?  I don't really know which one to do, and I can't really find a message board that says which one is better for noobs.  So far I've just retried via suicide until I can ghost my way through and not kill anyone.

Kind of curious as well, does this have any impact on the game? I've been choking people out sometimes if I feel they're in my way but I don't actively try to kill everyone.

MGS1 kind of doesn't have non-lethal. I think even guys you choke out or punch out are considered dead and despawn from the zone. So really, just go with whatever's easiest. MGS2 introduced the tranquilizer pistol and non-despawning enemies (as long as you stay in the same area), and that pretty much changed the entire series' dynamic. 

I don't think so.  Spent a few minutes punching out, throwing and choking this one soldier until some of his fellows came and killed me like I wanted so I could restart.  He just had stars rotate above his head for a few seconds, then got back up.  Maybe I didn't choke him enough (button presses or consecutive times), but he was very much still there.

Just beat Revolver Ocelot.  Man, that fight really irritated me.  I had to resort to placing the C4 I had on the walls and blowing it up when he walked by, because I couldn't shoot well enough to nail him on a regular basis.

I still can't bring myself to like MGS, grr.

Aaanyways, I think I will finish OOT3D and Dark Souls first, then move on to Soul Sacrifice. By the time I finish SS I am pretty sure I will have my hands on Danganronpa 2, 999 and The World Ends With You, so I will probably play those (though I might put off 999 until I get a US Vita version of Virtue's Last Reward).