What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I'm sorry for your loss. 

Admittedly I've never been a huge skating fan so maybe it's not as bad as people have said.

I mean, it is a janky mess but I still find it to be playable. I probably am not outraged like some people as I do not hold any affinity towards the THPS series. 

Also some played some more Destiny. I'm still on vanilla version so it is pretty much a wasteland. I'll probably stop playing it since I don't want to get TTK and the other 2 expansions. 

Started playing some more MGS1.  I beat Sniper Wolf and

barely got through that torture resistance minigame.  Like, another second and I would have lost because I was messing up button mashing.  That backtracking was pretty irritating, I have to admit.  When I called the Colonel and Otacon, I started groaning with annoyance when they said the sniper rifle was in the Armory.

I've been playing Shining Resonance. I must say that the music and the art style are very nice. The game play is pretty fun too, but it is definitely it step down from the tales of series. I can't really comment on the story because I have a Japanese copy of the game (and I highly doubt Sega will ever localize this game). 

I've been playing Final Fantasy X remastered on my PS3. I've had it on my shelf for about a year now and decided to play it when I lost my internet. I never knew about the expert sphere grid but I really like it so far. To this day I still think that FFX still has the best turn based combat.

Started playing Undertale yesterday. I was ready to be underwhelmed and disappointed by the excessive hype it's been receiving. And... nope! It's incredibly good! The writing is great. It has a lot of charming characters, a good sense of humor, and some pretty strong emotional beats. The music is also fantastic and matches very well with the setting and the moods the writing generates. The art is... well, it's not the best but they made it work. The sprites aren't technical marvels but each one fits the personalities of the characters greatly and are pretty well designed. 

It amazes me how good this game literally made almost entirely by a single person is. And it warms the cockles of my heart to witness its slow but steady rise to popularity. Every day the game's old simultaneous players record on Steam is broken, and it has recently surpassed 100k sales. Good on Toby Fox. Unfortunately it is no longer the undisputed #1 rated PC game of all time on metacritic, instead it's just tied for first. :makina:

After finding out that you can emulate GC games on the Wii VC now, I've been on a pretty big GC game binge. Currently playing through Animal Crossing again, thinking of trying out Tales of Symphonia afterwards, or maybe play through the shadow Pokemon games again.

Back to Witching since the new expansion came out. Screens can't really do this game justice. The rain, grass, and forest trees blowing in the wind moving at 60fps just still blows me away. 

I love the detail they put in minor side characters. His clothes has some insane detail in-game. 

9q8o1z0.png

I played some Star Wars Battlefront beta and I can assure you I will be getting into it. I can also confirm the graphics are awesome and the game play is smooth.

I think it really just lacks that DICE feel. Customization was no where to be found in the game. Waiting for BF5 though.