What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Anyone gonna pick up Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

I would if it wasn't $50. Knowing Atlus it'll never go on a proper sale though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1FEqcQDj8

I would love to but again $50 and I just bought Minecraft, soooo.

Edit: Anyone on fuwa play minecraft? Was thinking of getting a small server going for my skype call, don't know if it's worth it for 15/m though.

Well, currently there are quite a few games I play (too) often. Here's a handy list. :P

- RuneScape 3
- Old School RuneScape
- RuneScape Classic
- (vanilla) Minecraft
- Tribes: Ascend
- Populous: The beginning (Yes, I play a game that's about as old as I am. :P)
- Portal/Portal 2
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Mario Kart 8
- SSB4 Wii U
- Garry's Mod

Edit: Anyone on fuwa play minecraft? Was thinking of getting a small server going for my skype call, don't know if it's worth it for 15/m though.

I would love to play on a server with you guys! :3

(This is out of context, but I recreated Virtue's Last Reward in Minecraft as a multiplayer minigame.)

Diving into Witcher 3, with a tiny bit of Soul Sacrifice Delta on the side. Starting the Witcher 3 on Blood and Bones was a good idea - it's surprisingly easy. I normally only play games on normal so I was worried about going for hard, but damn, normal must be easy to the point of boredom. :o If I compare this to how relentlessly I was rekt at the beginning of the Witcher 2 back when that came out...

I got the annual Disgaea itch, and Disgaea 5 won't be out until October, so I started playing Disgaea D2 again. I picked up my postgame save, where I had the second-best sword in the game sitting around in my bag, so I leveled it up to 100, and also leveled yet another character to 9999. Next steps: reincarnate her and repeat a few times, and then go level up the best sword in the game (which I naturally stole in the bottom of the dungeon where I leveled up the second-best sword) to 100 as well.

Disgaea games are such a glorious, unapologetic grindfest. Once you get the bug, it's really hard to stop.

Little surprisingly Ar nosurge ended up being one of the best games I've played this year.

The characters and character development was the best part of Ar nosurge for me. And the game has tons of character development. There's mundane interaction in form of purification chats (about hundred different for the main characters, and half the amount for the other important characters), crafting dialog and field banter, there's some deeper insight to the characters personalities and inner struggles in Genometrics, and there's the main story to bring all this together.

Another stand out part of Ar nosurge is the Song Magic. It's basically turning the power of emotions into miracles by singing, and the major Song Magics in the game are one of the best pieces of music I've heard in a video game. Part Japanese, part imaginary language, part what is essentially programming language for emotions, these songs are powerful and beautiful. 

Next up is Ar Tonelico, since I think I fell in love with the series.

Finally beaten Growlanser 4 and got Frayne's ending. Had trouble with Vester until I realized had the wrong accessories equipped. After I gave everyone multi-attack and time reduction gems the fight wasn't nearly as difficult (that combo turned Remus into a freaking beast of an archer :bow: ). Going to take me a few days at least to see the other heroine's endings (though I think I'll youtube Sidney and Maggie's)

I really hope the upcoming Amazon Prime Day will be a steal for games. Wanting to get back into my PS Vita and 3DS related things. 

Also is Persona Q worth picking up? Going to replay Persona 4 and then the spin offs. Going P4G > PQ > P4A > P4AU > P4 Dancing All Night. Thing is I've heard pretty mixed stuff about PQ, and if possible I would like spend as little money as possible. Is the story something I should play for myself or just go watch a play through of it? Does the gameplay strengthen/make up reasons to buy it?

Oh, I was also "thinking" about playing the first three Persona's as well, all of which are on the PSN store. Definitely going for the third but can't decide between FES and Portable ;__; Keep in mind I have never played any shape or form of 3.

Update:

Decided to skip out on the first two Persona's which were readily available at my local Gamestop. The high random encounter chance in the first game made me not want to go into it, and the out dated game play of the second one, well I didn't want to use 90 hours of my time on it. 

Will go through P4G again and the multiple spin offs in the games time line, then some P3P before P5 releases. 

Edited by LiquidShu

I really hope the upcoming Amazon Prime Day will be a steal for games. Wanting to get back into my PS Vita and 3DS related things. 

Also is Persona Q worth picking up? Going to replay Persona 4 and then the spin offs. Going P4G > PQ > P4A > P4AU > P4 Dancing All Night. Thing is I've heard pretty mixed stuff about PQ, and if possible I would like spend as little money as possible. Is the story something I should play for myself or just go watch a play through of it? Does the gameplay strengthen/make up reasons to buy it?

Oh, I was also "thinking" about playing the first three Persona's as well, all of which are on the PSN store. Definitely going for the third but can't decide between FES and Portable ;__; Keep in mind I have never played any shape or form of 3.

FES has 3D graphics for all the game, also it has "the answer" chapter, who's basically an ending after the ending, also it's apparently a disappointing grind fest.

Persona 3 Portable has 2D fix images for most of the game, the 3D is kept for the Dungeons, but it has a Female protagonist, and a well written female protag, also cutest girl in the game.

Beware, P3 is "darker" than P4, and of course, P2 is the most disturbing one. 

Avadon 2 is 4 bucks on Steam, which is a steal. Anybody who likes old-school, isometric RPGs (like Baldur's Gate) will like this game. The writing is excellent also.

avadon is really good, I played escape from the pit (avernum) and I was going to play avadon the black fortress now (Got them on gog not steam :P )

Finally beaten Growlanser 4 and got Frayne's ending. Had trouble with Vester until I realized had the wrong accessories equipped. After I gave everyone multi-attack and time reduction gems the fight wasn't nearly as difficult (that combo turned Remus into a freaking beast of an archer :bow: ). Going to take me a few days at least to see the other heroine's endings (though I think I'll youtube Sidney and Maggie's)

Best ending is Familiar Ending no doubt :P

So I am interested in the game Elite: Dangerous. Someone here is playing the game or heard anything good/bad about it? I just got a hyped friend trying to recruit me and I want at least somewhat unbiased opinion.

I've never played it, but I used to hear several people talking enthusiastically about it, always positively. However, it's been months since that chatter died down, so I can't say if maybe those people got tired of it (or if maybe they just gave up talking about it, since there weren't many of them in that forum to begin with). Not exactly the most helpful feedback, I know, but hopefully better than none...

Update:

Decided to skip out on the first two Persona's which were readily available at my local Gamestop. The high random encounter chance in the first game made me not want to go into it, and the out dated game play of the second one, well I didn't want to use 90 hours of my time on it. 

Will go through P4G again and the multiple spin offs in the games time line, then some P3P before P5 releases. 

You probably want P3P, not P3 FES. From what I've heard, the combat will be annoying in anything except P3P, because you can't control your teammates, and the AI sucks. I played P4G first, and then played P3P afterwards, and I really enjoyed it. I actually like the P3 story more than P4, and I think some of the character in P3 are better than any you'll see in P4... but P4 is probably better overall. Anyway, if you liked P4G, go for P3P and you won't be disappointed.

I recommend against Persona Q. I played quite a bit of it, but got horribly bored of the grindfest when I was maybe halfway through the game and just dropped it. At first things were novel and interesting, probably because I'd never played an Etrian Odyssey game, but after a while it feels like you're constantly in boring random encounters doing the same predictable actions. The plot and the new characters are really weak.The constant fanservice side stories are nice, but they just aren't deep enough to really sink your teeth into.

Have you played P4A and P4AU before? If not, I'd honestly recommend against those, too, but I'm more on the fence about them vs PQ. They weren't a slow grindfest to tell you their story, unlike PQ, but it was still not great stuff. P3P and P4G are both amazing, and all those other releases are really just fanservice and fluff... I play them because I loved the main series games so much, but I'm still pretty regretful every time I play one.

Ar Tonelico is good stuff, it has the same kind of feeling as Ar nosurge, exactly what I was looking for.

The setting is pretty different, although some of the main themes like Song Magic are the same. Interesting story and good character development is still there, even though there's much less text in comparison. Main heroines still get random chat topics and you can explore their subconscious by diving, but supporting characters don't get as much love. The characters are still interesting and not as straightforward as you would initially imagine.  The story design in Ar Tonelico is pretty intelligent as well, there's lots of subtle foreshadowing and they use all the character interaction to the fullest extent.   

The game itself is pretty well-aged for a PS2 game from 2006, none of the mechanics feel too dated, clunky or annoying. The combat is pretty easy for the most part, but from time to time it's nice to play RPGs where the combat never hinders your progression.

I'm currently playing Aurica's route (the game has even different stories for the main girls!) and I have to say that the portrayal of her self esteem and insecurity issues is the best I've seen in a game. The type of character who is treated like she's the worst and she feels that way too, while actually she has hidden potential, is usually represented in a really awful and one sided way. Aurica is actually well developed and the game tackles these issues from many sides.

Oh the poor girl...

Avadon 2 is 4 bucks on Steam, which is a steal. Anybody who likes old-school, isometric RPGs (like Baldur's Gate) will like this game. The writing is excellent also.

If it was not from Spiderweb... :( I tried to play their games lot of time, but never successed. Not that I do not like old-school, I just do not like Spiderweb view on RPG it seems... If they would change engine to something like Infinity I would be enjoyed that... But no, years and years same old thing.

Trying to play NIER Gestahlt... Well, 2 hours so far. Boring so far. Lets see what will be later.